Lure ID

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
jonsykes
Barbel
Barbel

Lure ID

Post by jonsykes »

I've tried before to no avail, I'll try again. They are made of wood, obvious Fox style but no name or writing on them. I've asked Mick Brown, he agrees they are something to do with Fox or Dave Kelbrick - but he's never seen them before. I've asked (through a a friend of his) Luke Kelbrick - who thinks they are familiar. Any idea anyone? They are lightweight but quite large, much bigger than the Slinky Junior.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MarkBerrisford
Chub
Chub

Re: Lure ID

Post by MarkBerrisford »

They've been on either here or the las forum before but can't remember what the outcome was!
Search MB Custom Lures on Facebook
jonsykes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by jonsykes »

It was me who put it in previously Mark, no outcome as such. Just trying again, see if it jogs any memories or if a new member has any knowledge.
PaulC
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by PaulC »

Before Dave and some of the fox boy's went to Cuba. Max Cottis had had a fair few different poppers and surface lures made up in China for the trip. These might be from that batch. Don't recall him showing me these ones but there may have been some in the box, it was a big box full.
Dave did do a large 3 piece lure that only got as far as samples and was then binned as it was thought to be big for the mass market, but im sure that had a diving vane.
jonsykes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by jonsykes »

Thanks for that Paul. Someone suggested they were just copies of Fox patterns, but the paint jobs are just too good.
jonsykes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by jonsykes »

Mystery solved thanks to Paul. They were indeed made especially for Max Cottis for his Cuba trip, I've messaged him and he confirmed it. Cheers PaulC!
PaulC
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by PaulC »

No problem mate. I have a couple of the poppers somewhere. Dave and myself shifted the box one day while trying to find some micros in his garage for our trip to spain. I remember him saying that Max had had a fair few different bits knocked up for that trip.
jonsykes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by jonsykes »

I know Luke has a massive stockpile of lures to sort out, Adam F from on here told me. Tragic loss of a great man & far too young.
PaulC
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by PaulC »

Luke won't ever need to buy another lure that's for sure!. He went far too soon. Miss not having him around.