Barbel

Re: Pike Pool (92) John Evans

Post by john evans »

Tony McTaggart wrote:
john evans wrote:
Tony McTaggart wrote:
john evans wrote:
LB wrote:
Such beautiful scenery, why would anyone want to do that!? The mind boggles!
Lewis i started my pike fishing there,my very 1st pike was a lovely 18+ lber I remember it too well as when the guy that took me was getting the weigh sling out i was weighing her by the gills ala trouty :red: ,he turned and gave me a wellie in the nads for that :laughs: .Anyway believe it or not when we used to go there for a few days we used to leave all the gear (no the rods were not left in :laughs: ) and go away to oban which is around 20 odd miles away for supplies,,,come back and everything was untouched,,these days?? im worried on leaving stuff out at night with the bivvy just feet away.
Don't worry nae proper piker wid touch yer gear :tongues: :laughs:
haha get it up yeh :laughs: :laughs:
Every time lol I only need tae cast :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:
youd need better rods than the ones youve got tae land me :laughs:
bigaldo
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by bigaldo »

It's very depressing. I last fished here 3 years ago, and that was the first time in over 10 years. I won't be back. Time is precious, why waste my valuable time fishing there. You just don't know what your going to be greeted with when you get there. Plenty other places to go, I'm not that desperate for a fish. Fact of life we'll all have to travel further and further for our fishing. Or buy a boat!!!
"Alll the battles are won, but I'm still on the run"
DavyMc
Barbel
Barbel

Post by DavyMc »

bigaldo wrote:
It's very depressing. I last fished here 3 years ago, and that was the first time in over 10 years. I won't be back. Time is precious, why waste my valuable time fishing there. You just don't know what your going to be greeted with when you get there. Plenty other places to go, I'm not that desperate for a fish. Fact of life we'll all have to travel further and further for our fishing. Or buy a boat!!!
The boat don't work still have to listen to them, sound and water.

5lb :hammer: to gid fur them
"Rise, like lions after slumber: In unvanquishable number! Shake your chains to earth like dew: Which in sleep had fallen on you: Ye are many—they are few!"
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

The boat don't work still have to listen to them, sound and water.

5lb :hammer: to gid fur them
Aint that the truth. I see Gary Hendorson has something in the works. What ever it is i hope it works.
pikingslabber
Chub
Chub

Post by pikingslabber »

Only just saw this,,running 6 months behind ya all :laughs: :laughs: .Aye its bad up here but we cant give up.The loch with the pics i tried to install steel signs,as discussed on another thread on here last year.Mostly free including most materials and my time,sand, cement.signs and steel poles,Only thing i needed was 150 pound off the landowner for the actual sign writting,he refused,makes 3 times that in a good day,miserable auld c**t went down in my estimation that day and been on his land maybe once twice since

Well done on the article John :thumbs: ,who is that ugly baldy c**t in the pic though ??
Ryan B
Perch
Perch

Post by Ryan B »

Just read this and just come back from the big loch. Fished the bay for my first night (I wanted that iconic photo, holding a pike with the castle in the background and got it), I knew it was frequented by noddies but it was pretty shocking to see the reality of it. There was two lads directly across with rods on the end of the jetty and upto 40 yards either side of the jetty. The time it took for them to get to runs and hit em was cringe worthy. I went past a few other times over the weekend and also passed by on a boat on the Saturday and it was RAMMED! There must of been 12 bivvies on either side! I don't get it, I'm an Englishman who lives 6hrs away yet I still know there are many other areas on the loch to go at. Why you'd want to fish amongst numerous other anglers on a water that size has me stumped.

It was fascinating to watch as someone got a run at one end of the bay, you'd then see the next guy on get one and so on and so on as the pike moved around the bay. Anyway now I have a picture of a pike in front of the castle I'm done, I'll be back but not on that bay unfortunately.

(p.s. does that trossachs water rhyme with yer knackers? Been on there too and you're right, it's a farce, even in March it was a farce!)
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

Its all a farce up here Ryan. I havnt been piking long compared to most of the guys on here but its quite scary too see just how much interest in it has risen by the wrong'uns. waters I loved I now resent if that makes sense.
Ryan B
Perch
Perch

Post by Ryan B »

Andrew Croft wrote:
Its all a farce up here Ryan. I havnt been piking long compared to most of the guys on here but its quite scary too see just how much interest in it has risen by the wrong'uns. waters I loved I now resent if that makes sense.
I was talking to the chap who took me out on the boat, he's been travelling up for 30 odd years, said he never saw another angler and if he did they were targeting Brown's. Must of been an exciting time to be fishing the place! That said it's still a very, very special place, my favourite venue by a country mile. Scotty D's chapters in PAC30 and Big Water Pike left a big impression on me. Back again, back end of June!
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

Just need to get out of sight and earshot of the bell ends mate but that gets so much harder it seems as the years go by :sad:
john evans
Barbel
Barbel

Post by john evans »

go midweek if possible
DavyMc
Barbel
Barbel

Post by DavyMc »

Check the map and anywhere that requires a walk you'll be safe, most noddies like to fall out the car and back init :laughs:

Midgies gonna murder you end of June!!
"Rise, like lions after slumber: In unvanquishable number! Shake your chains to earth like dew: Which in sleep had fallen on you: Ye are many—they are few!"
Ryan B
Perch
Perch

Post by Ryan B »

DavyMc wrote:
Check the map and anywhere that requires a walk you'll be safe, most noddies like to fall out the car and back init :laughs:

Midgies gonna murder you end of June!!

Don't I know it! Stocking up on skin so soft and netting for sure!