Carp on the boat!

The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
cookiesdaughtersdad
Zander
Zander

Carp on the boat!

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad »

Tempted one early this morning, my 1st river 20 at 21lb 07oz, happy ole me!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

Cheers Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.
Duncan Holmes
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Carp on the boat!

Post by Duncan Holmes »

Cracking looking fish Alan, bet it pulled your string a bit?
"The opinions expressed in any of my posts are my own and do not reflect the view of the any organisation that I may be associated with."
dannytaylor
Barbel
Barbel

Post by dannytaylor »

Cracker that alan :thumbs:

(Lovely house! )
delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Post by delboy »

Happy days boy. :thumbs:
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Nice looking fish Alan :yahoo:
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »

Stunner of a fish ,Alan
Well done sir
cookiesdaughtersdad
Zander
Zander

Thanks fellas :thumbs:
Since I moved here a 20lb carp has been one of my "target" fish so very happy to catch it!
I'll carry on after the carp for a while, that big mirror (mid to upper 30) I have seen would be nice and then when the days start getting shorter, the wire will come back out and I'll try for a zed.

You are right Duncan, it didnt half hang on, fast fit fish! :eek:

Cheers Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.
dannytaylor
Barbel
Barbel

Post by dannytaylor »

cookiesdaughtersdad wrote: Sun Jul 02 2017 06:32 -
Since I moved here a 20lb carp has been one of my "target" fish so very happy to catch it!
I'll carry on after the carp for a while, that big mirror (mid to upper 30) I have seen would be nice and then when the days start getting shorter, the wire will come back out and I'll try for a zed.

Cheers Alan
That mirror would be some prize from a river. Id have a rod out on a reciever every bloody day if i knew that was there :laughs:
cookiesdaughtersdad
Zander
Zander

dannytaylor wrote: Sun Jul 02 2017 10:21 -

Cheers Alan
That mirror would be some prize from a river. Id have a rod out on a reciever every bloody day if i knew that was there :laughs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKxsW8DKJQQ :laughs:

Cheers Alan
dannytaylor
Barbel
Barbel

Post by dannytaylor »

cookiesdaughtersdad wrote: Sun Jul 02 2017 15:12 -
dannytaylor wrote: Sun Jul 02 2017 10:21 -

Cheers Alan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKxsW8DKJQQ :laughs:

Cheers Alan

Never tire of watching jaws :thumbs:
cookiesdaughtersdad
Zander
Zander

Getting bigger, 25lb 03oz

My target was a 20 and now all I hope for over the next few weeks is to feel as though I have sussed the place to some extent, this fish was my 1st ever on tigers and one thing fishing those has done, is so far eliminate the bream and their bites, still not sure what time they are feeding though so just try to fish a little and often, couple of hours here and there.
Really enjoy it at the moment but already wondering what next to do, thinking zander at the moment?

Cheers ALan
dannytaylor
Barbel
Barbel

Post by dannytaylor »

Can't see it at the moment Alan as I'm out fishing, but well done, all river carp are a result :gulp:
dannytaylor
Barbel
Barbel

Post by dannytaylor »

Still cant see it al?
cookiesdaughtersdad
Zander
Zander

Ill get Dawn to sort it later mate!

Cheers Alan
cookiesdaughtersdad
Zander
Zander

dannytaylor wrote: Sun Jul 23 2017 21:27 -
Still cant see it al?
Try thissun Danny https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

Cheers ALan
Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Nige Johns »

Still no good Alan,I thought Dawn was sorting it for you ? :grin:
cookiesdaughtersdad
Zander
Zander

Testing, try again lads! hope yopu think this feck about is worth it :bounce: :laughs:

Cheers Alan
dannytaylor
Barbel
Barbel

Post by dannytaylor »

Worth it in my book al, thats ace, looks really old and if it could talk tell a tale or two. I like river carp they dont have names, well most of them :laughs:

(What about the new river carp record 50lb from the river aire!!!##)
cookiesdaughtersdad
Zander
Zander

dannytaylor wrote: Mon Jul 24 2017 22:06 -
Worth it in my book al, thats ace, looks really old and if it could talk tell a tale or two. I like river carp they dont have names, well most of them :laughs:

(What about the new river carp record 50lb from the river aire!!!##)
Just checked it out Danny, what a whopper, but I wonder in a situation like this, what type van delivered it :laughs:

Cheers Alan
dannytaylor
Barbel
Barbel

Post by dannytaylor »

:laughs: yeah escaped out of the willow syndicate in some floods. Theres no way a river like the aire could produce carp of that size. Its fascinating how carp leave waters and populate others in floods. Bet it goes on on the ouse and its surrounding pits all the time. I like the stories about the big savay mirrors that left that water in the great storm of 87/88 ( :scratch: ) and got into the colne and the grand union canal. Awesome fish :cool:
Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Nige Johns »

Got it now Alan,it does look a gnarly old beast,......... and the fish looks mint :laughs: :thumbs:
cookiesdaughtersdad
Zander
Zander

Ba5tard! :laughs:

Cheers Alan
Duncan Holmes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Duncan Holmes »

dannytaylor wrote: Tue Jul 25 2017 06:54 -
:laughs: yeah escaped out of the willow syndicate in some floods. Theres no way a river like the aire could produce carp of that size. Its fascinating how carp leave waters and populate others in floods. Bet it goes on on the ouse and its surrounding pits all the time. I like the stories about the big savay mirrors that left that water in the great storm of 87/88 ( :scratch: ) and got into the colne and the grand union canal. Awesome fish :cool:
I have been told that one of the mirrors that escaped one of my local lakes a few years ago has now done 50+, which is considerably larger than when it escaped.
"The opinions expressed in any of my posts are my own and do not reflect the view of the any organisation that I may be associated with."
Duncan Holmes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Duncan Holmes »

cookiesdaughtersdad wrote: Mon Jul 24 2017 21:29 -

Testing, try again lads! hope yopu think this feck about is worth it :bounce: :laughs:

Cheers Alan
Nice work Alan, proper looking fish that :thumbs: :thumbs:
dannytaylor
Barbel
Barbel

Post by dannytaylor »

Duncan Holmes wrote: Wed Jul 26 2017 17:48 -
I have been told that one of the mirrors that escaped one of my local lakes a few years ago has now done 50+, which is considerably larger than when it escaped.

Which river is that?
Duncan Holmes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Duncan Holmes »

dannytaylor wrote: Wed Jul 26 2017 17:52 -
Duncan Holmes wrote: Wed Jul 26 2017 17:48 -

Which river is that?
PM