oar pins

Whatever you create or fettle in your respective Man Cave you can discuss here
Forum rules
This section of the forum is for sensible people to discuss ideas and display things they've designed, created or fixed, it is not for people to talk about filth, religion or politics!
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

oar pins

Post by Andrew »

Need to make 3 maybe 4 sets of pins. It wasnt easy finding them online at all. One ebay listing :shrug:

I do love tinkering so set about making my own. They are made from

10M threaded rod
Garden hose (slim)
Plastic conduit
nuts and washers

got the rod from screwfix 5 x 500mm. I'll get 5 sets of pins atleast :grin:

Halfed one rod bashed up the thread on the top (stop top nut coming undone) put the nut on then a washer then slid on a length of hose leaving space for the nuts and washers at the bottom.

I cut my plastic conduit to the size i wanted leaving a length of the threaded rod and hose exposed as this fits snuggly in the oar lock socket.

As you can see the plastic conduit sits nicely on top of the socket and stopping the whole lot falling through. Added a washer and nut to firm the whole lot up that little bit more.

All of the dimensions of the components fit together perfectly i got lucky the conduit and hose that was just sitting around doing nothing. The hose is noticbly thinner than the usual green type garden hose. Other benefit from the hose is protecting the socket from the abrasive threaded rod.

Grand total: £3.99!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Duncan Holmes
Barbel
Barbel

Re: oar pins

Post by Duncan Holmes »

Neat :thumbs:
"The opinions expressed in any of my posts are my own and do not reflect the view of the any organisation that I may be associated with."
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Re: oar pins

Post by Crackoff »

Duncan Holmes wrote:
Neat :thumbs:
+ 1 yep that is neat Andy :thumbs:

Grant :smile:
Grant Everson :smile:

To that one soul reading this
I know your tired fed up and close to braking