A Northumberland piker..

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here
Stevebow
Stickleback
Stickleback

A Northumberland piker..

Post by Stevebow »

Hi all,
I've been a member for a while but not introduced myself. Im located in Cramlington in South East Northumberland so, a long way from any descent pike waters!
One or two on here might have known me a good few years ago (Hi to Mark in particular) Ive had a lay off for a few years and returned to piking last season. I mainly fished and struggled on a local water with a few trips to Scotland and Yorkshire. Scotland producing some success and Yorkshire being disapointing.
Looking forward to next season and some time back on the bank.

Best regards to all.
Steve.
Ben
Father of the Forum
Father of the Forum

Re: A Northumberland piker..

Post by Ben »

Nice introduction, welcome to the forum Steve 👍🏼
andrew_nagel
Zander
Zander

Post by andrew_nagel »

Welcome Steve... I'm an ex-pat piker from just down the road in Killy. Been in Denmark for the last 20 years though. Cut my teeth on your local waters.
Stevebow
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Stevebow »

Closer still Andrew.. Im a Burradon lad. Used to go swimming in Killy lake when we were kids!
Stevebow
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Stevebow »

:thumbs: And cheers Ben.. Ticket has been purchased by the way!
Will Smith
James Holgate Award Winner 2023
James Holgate Award Winner 2023

Post by Will Smith »

Stevebow wrote: Tue Aug 04 2020 14:26 -
Hi all,
I've been a member for a while but not introduced myself. Im located in Cramlington in South East Northumberland so, a long way from any descent pike waters!
One or two on here might have known me a good few years ago (Hi to Mark in particular) Ive had a lay off for a few years and returned to piking last season. I mainly fished and struggled on a local water with a few trips to Scotland and Yorkshire. Scotland producing some success and Yorkshire being disapointing.

Best regards to all.
Steve.

Welcome to the Pit Steve, not sure if our paths have ever crossed TBH, however, if you are referring to Mark H in your post we at least have a mutual friend, although Mark does not post much on Forums these days.
What you say in your intro is so true re; the lack of Pike Waters in our area, still we don't let a little thing like that get in the way of our fun do we :laughs: :handshake: .

Will.
andrew_nagel
Zander
Zander

Post by andrew_nagel »

Stevebow wrote: Tue Aug 04 2020 18:21 -
Closer still Andrew.. Im a Burradon lad. Used to go swimming in Killy lake when we were kids!
Small world eh.
Stevebow
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Stevebow »

Will Smith wrote: Tue Aug 04 2020 19:16 -
Stevebow wrote: Tue Aug 04 2020 14:26 -
Hi all,

Best regards to all.
Steve.

Welcome to the Pit Steve, not sure if our paths have ever crossed TBH, however, if you are referring to Mark H in your post we at least have a mutual friend, although Mark does not post much on Forums these days.
What you say in your intro is so true re; the lack of Pike Waters in our area, still we don't let a little thing like that get in the way of our fun do we :laughs: :handshake: .

Will.
Cheers Will.
Myself and Mark go back a long way. Not seen him for a while! Will have to go over to the sunny side!
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »

Welcome aboard Steve :handshake:
Regards
Tom
Stevebow
Stickleback
Stickleback