Got the pike bug again....

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here
Dean0
Roach
Roach

Got the pike bug again....

Post by Dean0 »

Hi all just signed up.... did a lot of piking in the 80,s and early 90,s in and around sussex. And the odd trip since then. But now living in Scotland and managed to get a ticket on a very lightly fished river. Really got the bug again. Managed to find a few holding areas already and a new personal best on my 5th trip, but more importantly I get the place to myself almost every visit. On quite a step learning curve but loving every minute of it..... never thought I would get a chance to cast into water the colour of Guinness lol.
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Got the pike bug again....

Post by Happy Hayes »

Welcome aboard Deano
Sounds as if you got lucky getting a ticket on a quiet water.
Regards
Tom
Cyprio
Chub
Chub

Post by Cyprio »

Welcome.
never thought I would get a chance to cast into water the colour of Guinness lol.
:gulp: Guinness is good for the soul :thumbs:

And water like that will make the pikes colours “Pop”
:wink:

🤤
Andy Carpenter
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

do you fish in the week , you will find it quite ,weekends are a different matter .....on most ticket venues
Dean0
Roach
Roach

Post by Dean0 »

Fish weekends and mid week, mainly short evening sessions a couple of times a week. I've seen more deer and otters than other anglers. Feel really lucky and making the most of it. Oddly the season runs from February to November so still early days but 30 fish so far and would guess most of them have never seen a hook. Boy do the bigger ones fight. Cost me a fortune in bait and tackle upgrades. But the braid was worth every penny. A few iffy casts this evening onto the far bank but got all my gear back no problem. Wish I'd been using it back in the day......
John66
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by John66 »

:thumbs: Welcome Deano
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

Dean0 wrote: Sat May 07 2022 23:33 -
Fish weekends and mid week, mainly short evening sessions a couple of times a week. I've seen more deer and otters than other anglers. Feel really lucky and making the most of it. Oddly the season runs from February to November so still early days but 30 fish so far and would guess most of them have never seen a hook. Boy do the bigger ones fight. Cost me a fortune in bait and tackle upgrades. But the braid was worth every penny. A few iffy casts this evening onto the far bank but got all my gear back no problem. Wish I'd been using it back in the day......
30 fish ...well in :thumbs:
Noblest savage
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Noblest savage »

Hi Deano,
Welcome. I’m also in Scotland (Edinburgh)
There’s a lot of us up here.

Ben
barnsy
Roach
Roach

Post by barnsy »

PB on a water you have almost to yourself.......that's the stuff of dreams mate!
Welcome to the pit!