Hello from London!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here
Fishplate42
Stickleback
Stickleback

Hello from London!

Post by Fishplate42 »

Hi, I am fairly new to fishing in general, I have only been fishing for three years and prior to that, I had never held a rod, let alone a live fish. I intend to take up a spot of pike fishing this autumn/winter. I have read a lot watched a few videos and am in the process of getting the additional gear I need to make sure I can handle the fish safely. I am not going to rush into this until I am ready. I plan to have a good look around here and I will try not to ask too many questions.

I have been writing a diary of my fishing journey from day one in the form of a blog. I wrote it mainly for my own use and it is not just about fishing trips but all the other things like buying gear, bait making, repairing tackle and so on. Three years on and much to my surprise it has had well over 100,000 views! If you wnat to read any of it there is a link in my signature.

Ralph
It was T H I S big - Honest!

My blog
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Hello from London!

Post by Happy Hayes »

Welcome aboard Ralph
There's plenty of advice within the pit.
Have a look at the novice section I'm sure youll find some very good information,
Nice to know that you are not rushing into things.
Regards
Tom
mickmcd
Chub
Chub

Post by mickmcd »

Nice blog, welcome to the Pit.
delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Post by delboy »

Hello boy and welcome,Ain't you got a mate that you could go with at first to show you the ropes
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.
Mercman
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mercman »

delboy wrote: Thu Oct 12 2017 11:09 -
Hello boy and welcome,Ain't you got a mate that you could go with at first to show you the ropes
That's what I did at first. It don't take long and you will end up catching far more than he does, hey Delboy :thumbs:
Ray Waker
delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Post by delboy »

F***k me you only been away a couple of days and you missing me already....bet i've still had more to drink than you and i'm not on holiday.
Fishplate42
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Fishplate42 »

No, that's the problem. The guys down at the fishery said they would help. Living in the part of South East London that I do, there was nowhere locally to fish as a kid. they filled the canal in and none of the local parks allowed fishing. the nearest place I can remember was Crystal Palace Park that offered a day ticket (3d I think it was) but that was too far to go on a regular basis. None of my mates fished, it was just not something we did. I was 58 by the time I took up fishing and none of my mates now want to fish.

When it comes to fishing, I am a bit of a Billy-no-mates, but I don't mind that. In fact, I don't mind fishing commercials on my own and the missus comes with me river fishing

Ralph.
It was T H I S big - Honest!

My blog
Woolley bully
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Woolley bully »

Welcome to the pit ,, Del Boy has a very good point , although pike look mean there very delicate , try tag along with an experienced piker if you can ,, good look with your fishing
Born to fish but forced to work
delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Post by delboy »

Fishplate42 wrote: Fri Oct 13 2017 18:46 -
No, that's the problem. The guys down at the fishery said they would help. Living in the part of South East London that I do, there was nowhere locally to fish as a kid. they filled the canal in and none of the local parks allowed fishing. the nearest place I can remember was Crystal Palace Park that offered a day ticket (3d I think it was) but that was too far to go on a regular basis. None of my mates fished, it was just not something we did. I was 58 by the time I took up fishing and none of my mates now want to fish.

When it comes to fishing, I am a bit of a Billy-no-mates, but I don't mind that. In fact, I don't mind fishing commercials on my own and the missus comes with me river fishing

Ralph.
Goodboy,I am a billy no mates as well,Enjoy what you do boy,Only advice i can give is strike early,ie as soon as the float goes under or the alarm goes off,don't wait a second,if you miss it it was only a small one,keep coming on here and you won't regret it :thumbs: