Zander removal

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here
Mikewalters
Stickleback
Stickleback

Zander removal

Post by Mikewalters »

Hi guys my name is Mike walters I recently witnessed the crt electro fishing on our local canal to remove the zander I was appalled at the way they treated these poor fish after shocking them they were put into a well aerated tank until the end of the day when they were netted out put into a dry weigh sling and thrown onto the back of a pick up truck so I reported this to the anglers mail where some of you have read this report now I don't know why anyone would want to persecute a species of fish because it's not on a native species list correct me if I am wrong was the zander introduced in to the uk in the 1870s around the same time as the Wels catfish both are predators both are prolific breeders and both species have spread throughout our waterways yet the environment agency will not issue licenses for fisheries to keep zander but will issue permits for cat fish to be kept at over 500 venues throughout the country what is the difference of course mr Ellis is going to try and justify the electro fishing the company he used to belong to would stand to loose a lot of money were the zander to be naturalised we can only hope this will happen soon as the crt have upped there game to try and stop the the spread any further north and west there biggest fear is that they are going to get into the big natural lakes where removal would be impossible due to their size and depth maybe if they left them alone they wouldn't end up in such places let's hope that natural England comes good and the zander are naturalised and this cruelty is stopped
nordbeck
Chub
Chub

Re: Zander removal

Post by nordbeck »

Hello and welcome aboard!

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=34717 Here you might give some insight.
Greetings from the continent,

Tim