Returning Piker

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here
Burt Squirrell
Stickleback
Stickleback

Returning Piker

Post by Burt Squirrell »

Hello all,
Thought I would introduce myself as I’ve recently joined the forum.

Used to do a lot of piking up in Yorkshire back in the mid to late 90’s (PAC syndicate water at Lindholme Lakes before it became a carp puddle complex), so if ‘One Rod’ is reading, Andy says hello!!

Not done any fishing for around 10 years, got back into cycling and that took up all my time, but last summer I bought myself an Ultralight outfit and joined the local club as I’m now down in Colchester, Essex and spent a fair few sessions targeting small river Chub, Perch and then along comes a Jack, followed by another and the rest is history.
Got a heavy set up from the wife last Xmas, bought a few Loz Harrop Darters and after watching River Piker on You Tube, Squirrelly Burts now sitting in man cave waiting to be tampered with.

Looking at sticking to lures for old Esox at the moment, when it gets cold the local river fishes well for Chub, so Late Summer through to late Autumn I’ll be searching the club lake and river stretches for Pike plus the Summer Chub on the lures

Any other lure anglers or pikers in the area, more than happy to chat.

Andy (Burt Squirrell)
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Returning Piker

Post by Happy Hayes »

Welcome aboard Andy
Good luck with the lure fishing mate
Regards
Tom
J-P
Roach
Roach

Re: Returning Piker

Post by J-P »

Burt Squirrell wrote: Mon May 20 2019 20:12 -
Hello all,
Thought I would introduce myself as I’ve recently joined the forum.

Used to do a lot of piking up in Yorkshire back in the mid to late 90’s (PAC syndicate water at Lindholme Lakes before it became a carp puddle complex), so if ‘One Rod’ is reading, Andy says hello!!

Not done any fishing for around 10 years, got back into cycling and that took up all my time, but last summer I bought myself an Ultralight outfit and joined the local club as I’m now down in Colchester, Essex and spent a fair few sessions targeting small river Chub, Perch and then along comes a Jack, followed by another and the rest is history.
Got a heavy set up from the wife last Xmas, bought a few Loz Harrop Darters and after watching River Piker on You Tube, Squirrelly Burts now sitting in man cave waiting to be tampered with.

Looking at sticking to lures for old Esox at the moment, when it gets cold the local river fishes well for Chub, so Late Summer through to late Autumn I’ll be searching the club lake and river stretches for Pike plus the Summer Chub on the lures

Any other lure anglers or pikers in the area, more than happy to chat.

Andy (Burt Squirrell)
Welcome! I'm new on here myself and pleased to say this forum is active unlike a couple of others I've tried. This is definitely the place to be online, very friendly group of people. Look forward to seeing some pics of your catches!