Newcomer

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here
Cristo
Stickleback
Stickleback

Newcomer

Post by Cristo »

Hi Everyone

I'm new here and thought I'd take a minute to introduce myself.

I'm Chris 33 from Hampshire. I used to fish for Pike when I was a lad and spent time at my grandparents summer house that backed onto the Thames. Those days were spent lure fishing and trolling off whatever boat, Kayak or most amusingly a bright yellow pedalo I could get my hands on. Never caught more than jacks, perch and some chub, but provided good fun for the holidays.

Since then life took over and after loosing all of my tackle I didn't revisit the sport. Fast forward 20 years, a healthy breakup from the missus and a good friend taking up the sport again was all i needed to make the plunge once more.

After a good couple of blanks whilst fishing some tough waters I've started catching again with the last being a PB of 10lb on a water where everyone i spoke to said they've only done and heard of people blanking recently. So well happy with that and looking forward to getting bigger girls on the bank.

I've come for information and getting to know some locals if there are any. I like the idea of a social fish to share knowledge and meet like minded anglers

Cheers
Ben
Father of the Forum
Father of the Forum

Re: Newcomer

Post by Ben »

Welcome to the forum Chris, nice introduction ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
Cristo
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Cristo »

Ben wrote: โ†‘Thu Jan 09 2020 16:50 -
Thanks Ben. Been having a snoop around the posts on here and found some nuggets of information but I don't seem to have the correct permission to view any images, is there something I need to do in order for me to see these?

Cheers
Chris
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

Cristo wrote: โ†‘Fri Jan 10 2020 15:43 -
Ben wrote: โ†‘Thu Jan 09 2020 16:50 -
Thanks Ben. Been having a snoop around the posts on here and found some nuggets of information but I don't seem to have the correct permission to view any images, is there something I need to do in order for me to see these?

Cheers
Chris
After 5 posts you get access
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

Elow :wave:

Grant :smile:
Grant Everson :smile:

To that one soul reading this
I know your tired fed up and close to braking
But theres strength within you even when you feel week
You've come too far to give up now
Stay strong and keep fighting
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Hi Cristo
Welcome aboard :handshake:

Im a Wessex angler, where are you based, just apx, nothing detailed.

What are you seeking and what are your preferred methods?
Down this end of the country summer piking is rarely practiced or even encouraged, but there is always the sea.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »

Welcome aboard Chris :handshake:
Regards
Tom
Cristo
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Cristo »

Mike J wrote: โ†‘Sat Jan 11 2020 11:24 -
Hi Cristo
Welcome aboard :handshake:

Im a Wessex angler, where are you based, just apx, nothing detailed.

What are you seeking and what are your preferred methods?
Down this end of the country summer piking is rarely practiced or even encouraged, but there is always the sea.
Hi Mike, thanks for welcoming me

I didn't realise my location was blank. I'll update.
I'm from Hampshire.

I'm going to be doing a mix of lake and river piking. Thinking of getting an annual membership to the Basingstoke canal for next season as still unsure of what syndicate to join down my way and the canal's great value for money for a years ticket.
I'm mainly dead baiting at the moment on still waters and proving to be quite successful, last outing giving my my PB of 13 12oz. With a more roving approach fishing lures in the river. Although I've blanked every lure session so far.

I wouldn't be one for fishing for pike in the heat of the summer. I will be sure to fish some surface lures in spring but I'll be targeting simple silvers for fun and catfish for specimen for the summer
Cristo
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Cristo »

Thanks everyone for welcoming me in. Looking forward to getting involved in here and Piking in general :D