Good day to all

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here
Rod1860
Stickleback
Stickleback

Good day to all

Post by Rod1860 »

Hi there.

I'm Rod. I fish in the midlands, mainly river severn. I switch between deadbaiting and lure. I fished many other methods throughout the years. I suppose I got into lure fishing etc through flyfishing. Moving along the banks I found really appealing.

My priorities are fish care and then envirenment. I get hacked off with bankside rubbish and mono stuck in trees etc. Still.....I try to clean up where possible.

Cheers

Rod :wink:
John Milford
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Re: Good day to all

Post by John Milford »

Hi Rod - welcome to the Pit!

Litter and discarded line are two of my pet hates too. I invariably come home with more rubbish than I took with me.

It sometimes feels like swimming against the tide, but every little helps. :thumbs:
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »

Hi Rod
Welcome to the pit :handshake:
Nice introduction
Regards
Tom
Will Smith
James Holgate Award Winner 2023

Post by Will Smith »

Rod1860 wrote: Wed Dec 02 2020 22:28 -
Hi there.

I'm Rod. I fish in the midlands, mainly river severn. I switch between deadbaiting and lure. I fished many other methods throughout the years. I suppose I got into lure fishing etc through flyfishing. Moving along the banks I found really appealing.

My priorities are fish care and then envirenment. I get hacked off with bankside rubbish and mono stuck in trees etc. Still.....I try to clean up where possible.

Cheers

Rod :wink:
Hello Rod :handshake: .

You sound just like me, its depressing sometimes when you turn up to a water and the litter is strewn everywhere, I just have to pick it up.

Will.
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Welcome aboard :handshake:

Well done for collecting litter.
Many on here wish some anglers were more responsible but I suppose there will always be a few who couldn't give a care.

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Will Smith

Post by Will Smith »

John Milford wrote: Wed Dec 02 2020 23:35 -
Hi Rod - welcome to the Pit!

Litter and discarded line are two of my pet hates too. I invariably come home with more rubbish than I took with me.

It sometimes feels like swimming against the tide, but every little helps. :thumbs:
I know that feeling only to well John.

Myself and a couple of pals went to fish a water very local to me last week, it is a day ticket water that I rarely bother with, last week reminded me why.
I literally picked up discarded mono (sometimes what must have been 50m or more) all day long as we worked our way around the water, loads of discarded powerbait as well as the usual rubbish of course, bottles, cans, sweet and crips packets.
One guy had even sunk half a dozen small lager bottles into the soft mud in one spot only leaving the bottom of the bottle exposed, W A N K E R.

Sorry for hijacking your intro thread Rod, rant over.

Will.
Fentiger01
Disco Dave
Disco Dave

Post by Fentiger01 »

Welcome to the Pit Rod. Nice intro mate. :thumbs:
Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!
TeranceT
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by TeranceT »

Hello Rod

Welcome.
I'm new here also and came across your introduction.

I also have a problem with people that leave litter all over our countryside. Quite often I have a bin bag with me and collect the litter around where I fish and on the walk back.
What is it in these people's heads that they don't mind living in a s**t hole.

Do you get any Chub while lure fishing on the River Severn?