New (ex) Member

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here
DaveL
Stickleback
Stickleback

New (ex) Member

Post by DaveL »

Hi

I'm Dave, I used to be a member many years ago and thought it time to re-join.

I've had a long break from pike fishing, sold my boat which i bought from a member on here (regretted selling it ever since!! :cry: ) and more recently a break from any fishing other than one or two days a year due to having two kids and a house renovation taking up all my spare time.

Thought it time to get back into it properly, the last year or so emphasising you don't know what's round the corner and to do what you love and with fishing and the thought of going still getting me excited like a kid at Christmas anyway!

Cheers

Dave
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Re: New (ex) Member

Post by Happy Hayes »

Welcome back Dave :handshake:
Regards
Tom
John Milford
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by John Milford »

Great to have you back in the fold Dave. :handshake:

Sounds like you've been working your socks off in between and have earned yourself a bit of 'you time'. :pipe:

Enjoy! :thumbs:
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "
Will Smith
James Holgate Award Winner 2023

Post by Will Smith »

Hello Dave, a familiar story no doubt to many fishermen, certainly rings true for me.

Welcome back to the forum fella, it is always especially nice to welcome someone who is happy to actually post under his own name, in what part of the country do you live and fish ?

Will.
DaveL
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by DaveL »

Hi

Appreciate the replies! Regards working socks off, the last 5yrs have certainly been the hardest of my life coupled with the best of times with the birth of my two girls!

Originally from Manchester I moved out of there 10yrs ago. Still in the northwest, sorry for not being too specific at this point, pretty private from that perspective and not on social media! I'll see how it goes with the forum!!

Pretty much fished all over the country! Regards pike spent alot of time fishing around the lake district with the bulk of fishing on Windy. And then the bigger UK rivers and used to fish the trout water circuit too, stopped when obtaining a chew ticket started to get silly!

After I lost the bug to go chasing big pike I literally fished anywhere as long as it was a nice setting, wasn't busy and with the chance of a few fish, bit of carp fishing, barbel and chub, even fly fishing for wild brownies, just love it!

Dave
Will Smith

Post by Will Smith »

DaveL wrote: Wed May 26 2021 20:47 -
Hi

Appreciate the replies! Regards working socks off, the last 5yrs have certainly been the hardest of my life coupled with the best of times with the birth of my two girls!

Originally from Manchester I moved out of there 10yrs ago. Still in the northwest, sorry for not being too specific at this point, pretty private from that perspective and not on social media! I'll see how it goes with the forum!!

Pretty much fished all over the country! Regards pike spent alot of time fishing around the lake district with the bulk of fishing on Windy. And then the bigger UK rivers and used to fish the trout water circuit too, stopped when obtaining a chew ticket started to get silly!

After I lost the bug to go chasing big pike I literally fished anywhere as long as it was a nice setting, wasn't busy and with the chance of a few fish, bit of carp fishing, barbel and chub, even fly fishing for wild brownies, just love it!

Dave
I was not expecting an exact location Dave, sorry for being nosey, I just thought that you might have been from up my neck of the woods, :thumbs: .

Will.
DaveL
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by DaveL »

[/quote]

I was not expecting an exact location Dave, sorry for being nosey, I just thought that you might have been from up my neck of the woods, :thumbs: .

Will.
[/quote]

No probs! Cheers

Dave
John66
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by John66 »

:thumbs: Welcome back Dave