Good morning all from a new member

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here
Novice
Stickleback
Stickleback

Good morning all from a new member

Post by Novice »

Good morning all. I have recently retired and have decided to start fishing again after a break of 30 years - believe me that there is long story behind this 30 year absence- and I would like to satisfy a childhood ambition of catching a pike. I remember vividly seeing a small roach I was bringing towards the landing net being snatched in an instant by a pike! I am very pleased to have found this group and the Pike Anglers' Club.

First and foremost in order to get started on the learning curve, I am trying to identify guides who provide guided pike fishing. So far, I have not had much luck because people are fully booked. So, if anyone in this forum can point me in the right direction of anyone providing guiding services I would be very grateful. I live in the east end of London so Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent are easily accessible, but I can travel further afield without difficulty.

All the best, Simon
suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Re: Good morning all from a new member

Post by suffolk si »

There is a legend amongst men by the nam of delboy on here who is a good piker and entertaining bloke who might help you out, if not there are some good guys on here who’ll probably help you out for a day when it’s cools down a bit👍
Flipflopjoe
Chub
Chub

Post by Flipflopjoe »

What sort of fishing are you after doing ?
Lure ? Bait ? Bank ? Boat ?

I’m sure if you’ve joined the PAC then your RO could help out with setting up a meet to show you the ropes :thumbs:

I’m not a Guide but I’d happily meet with you to show you the basics if you haven’t managed to sort anything else out before the start of the season :handshake:
Joe Birch
“There’s a fine line between fishing, and standing on the bank like an idiot!”
Will Smith
James Holgate Award Winner 2023
James Holgate Award Winner 2023

Post by Will Smith »

Hello Simon.

To far away to be of any practical help I'm afraid but, welcome to the forum anyway, :thumbs: .
I am sure someone will point you in the right direction, better still, take Joe up on his offer of help to get you started.

Will.
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Welcome aboard :handshake:

A lad from the East End eh, now that could be interesting when things hot up in some of the non fishing threads.

Read through a few hundred pages on the Pike section then send Delboy a PM for a few tips around your area, he is from your neck of the woods (the smoke) so Im sure he will help you.

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
peteren
Barbel
Barbel

Post by peteren »

Hi Novice,
welcome to join me for a day's lure fishing from October, if you can travel 50m to Cranbrook? I can provide gear.
I'm mostly-retired, too.
Peter Newman
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »

Hi Simon
Welcome to the pit
You may have all ready noticed that the guys on here are a good bunch.
Occasionally There may be the odd row (but all families argue)
There’s some very knowledgable anglers on this forum so don’t be afraid to ask any questions.
Regards
Tom
Novice
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Novice »

suffolk si wrote: Wed Jul 28 2021 13:50 -
There is a legend amongst men by the nam of delboy on here who is a good piker and entertaining bloke who might help you out, if not there are some good guys on here who’ll probably help you out for a day when it’s cools down a bit👍
Thanks for the information Si.
Novice
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Novice »

Flipflopjoe wrote: Wed Jul 28 2021 17:03 -
What sort of fishing are you after doing ?
Lure ? Bait ? Bank ? Boat ?

I’m sure if you’ve joined the PAC then your RO could help out with setting up a meet to show you the ropes :thumbs:

I’m not a Guide but I’d happily meet with you to show you the basics if you haven’t managed to sort anything else out before the start of the season :handshake:
Thanks Joe. Lure, bait from bank and maybe boat. I have joined PAC and have reached out to my RO. notwithstanding that, I would be delighted to have you show mw the basics. All the best, Simon
Novice
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Novice »

peteren wrote: Thu Jul 29 2021 09:25 -
Hi Novice,
welcome to join me for a day's lure fishing from October, if you can travel 50m to Cranbrook? I can provide gear.
I'm mostly-retired, too.
Thanks for the offer Peter, I would be delighted to join you. I certainly can travel down to Cranbrook. All the best, Simon
peteren
Barbel
Barbel

Post by peteren »

Novice wrote: Sun Aug 01 2021 21:07 -
peteren wrote: Thu Jul 29 2021 09:25 -
Hi Novice,
I'm mostly-retired, too.
Thanks for the offer Peter, I would be delighted to join you. I certainly can travel down to Cranbrook. All the best, Simon
Message me in October.
Peter Newman