Hello from Texas

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here
Mitch
Stickleback
Stickleback

Hello from Texas

Post by Mitch »

Hello everyone!
Wife and I currently live in Texas. We are both teachers. In a few years we will be able to retire. When we do, we have decided to move to Scotland! I immediately, of course, start researching pike fishing 🎣
I’ve grown up fishing northern pike and hands down they are my favorite species to catch. Zander and perch are a close 2nd. I’m glad I found this forum. Hoping to get some pointers and begin to get headed in the right direction! 🎣
barnsy
Roach
Roach

Re: Hello from Texas

Post by barnsy »

Welcome Mitch! The pit is an excellent resource, I'm sure you'll find loads of helpful info here!
Scotland is an amazing place, both for fishing and just generally. Have you narrowed it down to a particular area yet?
Mitch
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Mitch »

I’m thinking somewhere around Edinburgh but that’s honestly just a guess. We will have the flexibility to move wherever. I’ve come across some good Lochs in the southern region. Loch Lomond is on my list too.
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Welcome aboard :handshake:

As an Englishman who has only been over the border twice I can speak of nothing but praise the the Scots I met there. The food was superb, the scenery stunning and the wildlife beyond anything I imagined.
I did not see the monster of Loch Ness despite looking and staying beside the Loch and I never saw a man wearing a skirt.

Beware some Scottish men like to enhance their dialect when speaking to someone who isn't a Scot, they also like to write in thee's and wee's, and about flees (flys) and bairns (young children), sadly no dictionary is available for translations.

🇬🇧

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Mitch
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Mitch »

I’m excited to come over and check out the waters. Pike, perch and Zander if they are around. Tops on my list being 20#+ pike.
Ben
Father of the Forum
Father of the Forum

Post by Ben »

Welcome to the forum Mitch 👍🏼

I hope you can teach us some Texas BBQ techniques 😃
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »