Hi from South East Wales.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here
Danhfromwales
Stickleback
Stickleback

Hi from South East Wales.

Post by Danhfromwales »

Hello all, Im Dan and new to pike fishing, well actually only started fishing just over a year ago. Since starting I've caught carp, bream, roach, barbel, perch, trout, and dace.
I aim to catch the remaining species of fresh water fish and will look to get Into sea angling.
So far I have deadbaited with ledger and float, used lures and wobbled deadbait, both from boat and bankside.

The closest I've come is getting a run on kedgered deadbait only for it to come off 50 ft from the bankside.
Time behind the rods is key to success as well as knowledge of the pikes environment and nature.

I'm also into shooting, air rifle and shotgun. Getting proficient with my catapult for target and hunting.

I look forward to use this site to gain more info and chat with fellow anglers as well.
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Re: Hi from South East Wales.

Post by Mike J »

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Danhfromwales wrote: Sun Nov 26 2023 23:58 -
Hello all, Im Dan and new to pike fishing, well actually only started fishing just over a year ago. Since starting I've caught carp, bream, roach, barbel, perch, trout, and dace.
I aim to catch the remaining species of fresh water fish and will look to get Into sea angling.
So far I have deadbaited with ledger and float, used lures and wobbled deadbait, both from boat and bankside.

The closest I've come is getting a run on kedgered deadbait only for it to come off 50 ft from the bankside.
Time behind the rods is key to success as well as knowledge of the pikes environment and nature.

I'm also into shooting, air rifle and shotgun. Getting proficient with my catapult for target and hunting.

I look forward to use this site to gain more info and chat with fellow anglers as well.

:handshake: Welcome aboard Dan.

Not many Welsh anglers on here but those we have are as keen as you. With a list like yours your sure going to be very busy.
Some of us shoot, air, shot, rim and c'fire, there is also a recent thread on catty's.

Use the search function first and ask Qs about what you cannot find, you will get more responses that way.

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Danhfromwales
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Danhfromwales »

Mike J wrote: Sat Dec 02 2023 12:10 -

Not many Welsh anglers on here but those we have are as keen as you. With a list like yours your sure going to be very busy.
Some of us shoot, air, shot, rim and c'fire, there is also a recent thread on catty's.

Use the search function first and ask Qs about what you cannot find, you will get more responses that way.

Thanks Mike for the advice, always better to do some digging before asking questions which have been asked several times already.
I can now say I've got hands on handling and returning a pike earlier this week.
Unfortunately it wasnt myself who landed the fish but my farther in law. Overall it was a fantastic day out on the water and came away a happy lad.

Edit : Apologies
Last edited by Danhfromwales on Sun Dec 03 2023 11:46, edited 1 time in total.
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Danhfromwales wrote: Sun Dec 03 2023 09:41 -
Mike J wrote: Sat Dec 02 2023 12:10 -

Thanks Mike for the advice, always better to do some digging before asking questions which have been asked several times already.
I can now say I've got hands on handling and returning a pike on llangorse lake earlier this week.
Unfortunately it wasnt myself who landed the fish but my farther in law. Overall it was a fantastic day out on the water and came away a happy lad.
Dan!
First rule on here no naming of waters .

Please use the edit facility and delete ASAP Go to top right, in the row of 4 icons its the pencil on the left end.

Second rule is read the rules :dizzy:

M

Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »

Welcome aboard Dan
I’m sure you’ll learn a lot from the pit
Good luck .
Regards
Tom