Newbe here, But not to the world of Pike fishing.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here
Fish-N-Fool
Stickleback
Stickleback

Newbe here, But not to the world of Pike fishing.

Post by Fish-N-Fool »

I'm new here, so I guess I should do a short introduction about who I am. I live, eat and breath Pike fishing. My name is Rick Lawrence (AKA) the "Fish-N-Fool". I'm 68 years young, retired and live in N. Idaho, USA, on a small 25 acre ranch on the banks of Hoodoo Creek near Priest River, ID. I'm an avid Bass, and Muskie fisherman. But I live for Pike fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also fish for Sturgeon and trout some too.
I'm an outdoors writer and I write mainly Pike and Bass fishing how to articles for quite a few different magazines, and websites.
I'm an inventor also, and I developed my own line of fishing lures, The Sink-N-Fool which was my most popular bait (Similar to a Senko only 10 times better), an oversized spinnerbait called the Flash-N-Fool, Chatter-N-Fool, and a trailer called a Kick-N-Fool, as well as my Slow Fall Jig and the Mighty Mouse. I have caught pike on all of these lures I made. I used to sell baits online and in the stores under my company Fish-N-Fool Lures, but I have now retired. I still make lures for me and a few friends, but no longer sell them in the stores or online.
I also created the world's strongest line to lure fishing knot. The Fish-N-Fool Knot, which won the "Knot Wars" competition on TV back in 2009. It beat all the other knots like the Palomar, Trilene, San Diego, and all others in a head-to-head strength test. It is still the strongest knot, "Knot Wars" ever tested with braid or mono. There are about 50 videos on YouTube showing how to tie my Fish-N-Fool knot, but they all do it wrong! LOL To tie my knot quick and easy is all about how you hold the line. So if you are interested in learning this great knot, Look me up on Youtube
Skip ahead to 2:45 to learn how to tie the knot, the first part is about my Sink-N-Fool lures and me being a little bit full of myself! LOL
Now days I just chase my next big fish. I just got back last month from a week-long Sturgeon fishing trip to Southern Idaho. It was a fairly good trip, but we didn't get any over 7 foot monsters like I got last year. My big fish this year was 5 ft. 11 in.

I had one of my best years for Pike in the last 5 years. I got close to 110 total on the year with my biggest one at 27.44 lb, 2 more over 20 lbs. with 5 more over 15lbs.
I'm hoping to add to that still this year and get a new P.B. Pike of over 30 lbs. I make or modify about 75% of all the lures I fish by building them from scratch, painting them, or tweaking them in some way. If any of you are interested in reading some of my Pike fishing articles, I can post some of them here.
Here are just a few of the fish I have caught in the last couple years. I blur the background in some of the photos, so my spots don't get blown up.
PO pikey.jpg
1 Monster Pike 11-24-23.jpg
wallpaper.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Newbe here, But not to the world of Pike fishing.

Post by Happy Hayes »

Welcome aboard Rick :handshake:
Some nice fish there . :thumbs:
Regards
Tom
Mercman
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mercman »

Welcome Nick :thumbs: :cool:
Ray Waker
Andytheammer
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Andytheammer »

Welcome aboard Nick, looking forward to reading your articles
Andy Sewell
Fish-N-Fool
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Fish-N-Fool »

Andytheammer wrote: Sun Dec 17 2023 18:32 -
Welcome aboard Nick, looking forward to reading your articles
Not sure how you guys misread this, but my name is Rick. Tnx for the welcome
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

Welcome abroad Vick 🙂
Andytheammer
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Andytheammer »

Apologies MIck :dizzy:
Andy Sewell
Fish-N-Fool
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Fish-N-Fool »

Andytheammer wrote: Mon Dec 18 2023 07:09 -
Well just don't call me Dick
Andytheammer
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Andytheammer »

Fish-N-Fool wrote: Mon Dec 18 2023 08:22 -
Andytheammer wrote: Mon Dec 18 2023 07:09 -
Well just don't call me Dick
:boing:
Andy Sewell
Jawpiker
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Jawpiker »

Welcome