New member watford

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here
one eye jack
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

New member watford

Post by one eye jack »

Hello am newbie on site, enjoy reading and learning all the time on here, some excellent advice, love pike fishing, mainly on grand union canal, just back from a short dead bait session..blanked lol, but did have a 15 pounder Xmas eve on a small float fished dead roach which was landed by environmental agent checking my licence..perfect timing because no one believed me lol, not a big lure angler prefer lives and deads on canal and its usaly Jack's and some decent perch to over 2lb, but I'm happy with that, I'm definitely not tech savvy so will prob struggle to get pics up lol was trotting small dead roach this morning on single circle hook but nothing doing so tried half mackerel on float ledger but no takes today....
one eye jack
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Re: New member watford

Post by one eye jack »

whoops ..should of gone into newbie posts ..did say I was a technophobe lol sorry
cookiesdaughtersdad
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad »

one eye jack wrote: Fri Jan 12 2024 18:14 -
whoops ..should of gone into newbie posts ..did say I was a technophobe lol sorry
"did say I was a technophobe lol sorry"

You are in good company then :laughs: and welcome :thumbs: .

Cheers, Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.
Ben
Father of the Forum
Father of the Forum

Post by Ben »

I’ve moved it for you, welcome to the forum 👍🏼
one eye jack
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by one eye jack »

thanks 👌 so as a camden boy london hampstead heath ponds was our introduction to pike, nothing over 9lbs but we learned as kids that pike were not the monsters of the deep but very fragile fish, nan brought me my first pike books by barrie rickards and Fred buller, we learned to bin the pike gags in our handed down tackle ,and invest in forceps and pliers, to chin the pike without gloves (scrapes n scratches to this day) we only dreamed of the gravel pits and drains and countryside, then driving licences were got and piking got a lot more frustrating lol
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »

Nice intro Jack
Welcome to the pit
Regards
Tom
John66
Jack Pike
Jack Pike