Menteith March 3rd cancelled

Keep up to date with all the latest news from the Pike Anglers Club of Great Britain
ForTheLoveOfEsox
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Menteith March 3rd cancelled

Post by ForTheLoveOfEsox »

Hi Guys,

Dick Culpin has asked me to let you know that the PAC event at Menteith this Saturday is cancelled.

It's doubtful we will get a replacement this spring as PAAS are on next week and the trout season starts mid-March.
We will likely get an extra date in November.

Dick will confirm.

Best, Steve Ormrod.
ForTheLoveOfEsox
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Re: Menteith March 3rd cancelled

Update: there is a distinct possibility that we may get a replacement date in April.

Dick is in discussion with Quint.

I will keep you updated.
john evans
Barbel
Barbel

Post by john evans »

Ooh if anyones needs a partner ( and a comfy couch the night before) gimme a shout
ForTheLoveOfEsox
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Message from Dick Culpin...

Hi Everyone,

First off my thanks to you all for being so understanding following the cancellation of the event this weekend.

I have been in touch with Quint regarding an alternative date and we have agreed on Thursday 26 April 2018. The format of the day will be exactly the same i.e. deadbaits and lures. I have available 33 boats which means that everyone who should have fished tomorrow can be accommodated. The fishery gates will open about 7.45am and I am confident we will be able to fish until about 5.30pm.

It is important that I have commitment to this so that I can bring in reserves etc if people are unable to make it. Obviously I will arrange for anyone who can`t make it to be compensated for their outlay either via the substitute angler(s) or through the club. The boat numbers allocated to you will remain unchanged.

Therefore can I please ask you to let me know if you CANNOT make it.

If I do not hear from you I will work on the basis that you and your boat partner will be there.

Please let me know via my personal e mail dickculpin@talktalk.net by no later than Friday 9 March 2018.

Thanks
Dick Culpin
jimmy
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by jimmy »

One of the main pike clubs booking events at this time of the year . That goes against everything the club stands for.
Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jimk2 »

jimmy wrote: Sun Apr 01 2018 19:51 -
One of the main pike clubs booking events at this time of the year . That goes against everything the club stands for.
I take it you haven't fished Scotland recently? Taken today.

jimmy
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by jimmy »

I live in Scotland mate and no what’s going on , some places some of the fish have spawned others haven’t went yet . Better left alone imo
Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jimk2 »

jimmy wrote: Thu Apr 05 2018 18:50 -
I live in Scotland mate and no what’s going on , some places some of the fish have spawned others haven’t went yet . Better left alone imo
Let the PAC know your thoughts, I agree some of the waters in Scotland could do with a close season. But a lot of the Scottish anglers I know say June/July can be the best months in the bigger deeper waters.
What's better for pike, Anglers camped out in numbers every day in a well known shallow spawning bay on a well known water or menteith opening for a one off privileged access to the PAC, in April?
Would they have spawned, I don't know but I've caught Scottish pike in April at their top weight before.