PAC Guidance on optimal temperature regimes for protecting pike in catch and release activities

Keep up to date with all the latest news from the Pike Anglers Club of Great Britain
Jason Skilton
Zander
Zander

PAC Guidance on optimal temperature regimes for protecting pike in catch and release activities

Post by Jason Skilton »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lm6itW ... sp=sharing

PAC report on Guidance on optimal temperature regimes for protecting pike in catch and release activities
Cod
Perch
Perch

Re: PAC Guidance on optimal temperature regimes for protecting pike in catch and release activities

Post by Cod »

So in a nutshell, if the air tempeture reaches 21c for three or more days, or the water tempeture reaches 21c, don't fish for Pike.

That's my take on it face
Learning is a gift.
John Currie
Chub
Chub

Re: PAC Guidance on optimal temperature regimes for protecting pike in catch and release activities

Post by John Currie »

Water temperatures of 28c on the broads last summer,parts of Essex ,Suffolk ,lincs were very very similiar. A lot of England saw worryingly high water temps.Mortality is the biggest concern ,but lots of evidence of the damage done to the future egg laying capabilities of females caught at high water temperatures.
Cod
Perch
Perch

Post by Cod »

On the deepest part of the Broads ( River Yare ) the water tempeture breached 21c on 26/06/18 and stayed above that until 24/08/18.

This infomation can be found on this site under use full links.
Learning is a gift.
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »

Unfortunately the idiots will fish , no matter how hot it is
Regards
Tom
Neville Fickling
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Neville Fickling »

I certainly try to avoid fishing for pike at water temperatures over 20C. At the moment hard pressed to get 14C!
Happy to be alive!!!!
hb904460
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by hb904460 »

Water temp in the south forty foot on Tuesday was 16.6C but had dropped to 13C by friday.
PA63
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by PA63 »

I fish a syndicate that starts and ends the season dependant totally on water temperature(14 degree and falling),it has fished well for many years now,so everyone is happy knowing that they have at least one water to fish, welfare top of list of priorities.Me,I love catching pike and would much rather catch in nice weather, rather than sitting in a boat rain and snow coming at me horizontally,but I am 99.9% confident that if you fish for pike in water that is getting 18 degrees or more you will kill or help kill a large number of the fish you catch.It cannot be a bad thing to just give the fish a proper break,I have seen waters literally ruined in one season of summer piking,I realize that for a lot in the north waters stay colder a lot longer.I love catching pike but I don't want to kill them,a lot of people just want to catch and get photos first and worry about the fish second