Wonky Savage gear line through roach !

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
Hoops77
Stickleback
Stickleback

Wonky Savage gear line through roach !

Post by Hoops77 »

Not tried the line through roach before but had some success with the line through burbot so thought I'd give one ago, so bought a fire tiger roach and headed to my canal, first chuck was a short one so I could see how it moved on retrieve as on all videos I've seen they look really life like, well not mine!!! It's way off balance and comes back on it's side which in turn stops the swimming action of the bait!!! p****d off to say the least!! Anyone else had this problem and is the there any way to fix it?? Or do I head back to tackle shop and ask for another??
Cheers
Dennis M
Roach
Roach

Re: Wonky Savage gear line through roach !

Post by Dennis M »

I find the line-thru roaches hardest to get to swim properly, just make sure the cable going to the rear hook is not caught on any fins or too short in length.
We usually put on new hooks and traces on any line-thru as we've seen some badly crimped ones in the earlier batches, might not be a problem anymore as the latest ones are double crimped at the eyelet.
Definitely fish catchers though. :thumbs:
Hoops77
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Hoops77 »

Can't see anything wrong with it, checked it all over, might put a longer trace on see if that helps at all, cheers Dennis 👍
Jake Hamilton
Chub
Chub

Post by Jake Hamilton »

Funny you should mention this because I happened to be watching this lad's video the other week. He sets off with 3 and while 2 are perfect there's one which is totally unfishable despite looking exactly like the good two.
https://youtu.be/1qUHTkRIMmI
JAKE
"It's not the years, honey....it's the mileage"
Hoops77
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Hoops77 »

That's exactly what mine was doing jake, must be the odd ones that haven't been done right, would of thought they test em all prices they charge!!!
Cheers mate
alan behenna
Barbel
Barbel

Post by alan behenna »

Take it back and get another, or swap it for a differing model.............

:thumbs: