Snowbee sft gloves

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
benelli
Stickleback
Stickleback

Snowbee sft gloves

Post by benelli » Sun Nov 17 2019 18:29

Suffering badly with cold hands these days and have tried a lot of unsuitable gloves, do the snowbee sft keep your hands warm?
Cheers
Steve

Nige Johns
Chub
Chub

Re: Snowbee sft gloves

Post by Nige Johns » Sun Nov 17 2019 18:47

I use a pair of golf winter mittens with one of those disposable hand warmers inside

MarkBerrisford
Chub
Chub

Post by MarkBerrisford » Sun Nov 17 2019 21:03

Yes they do, had mine for about 10years and they are very good
Search MB Custom Lures on Facebook

Slug
Chub
Chub

Post by Slug » Sun Nov 17 2019 22:12

Very good I use them for lure/fly fishing. Merino & possum fur for anything else.

benelli
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by benelli » Sun Nov 17 2019 22:23

Cheers, looking online they are 1 mm thick, would 2 mm diving gloves make using a multi difficult? What's the sizing like with the snowbees?

Tony McTaggart
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Tony McTaggart » Mon Nov 18 2019 13:56

They are ok in moderate to cold conditions but useless in freezing temps imo.
Some of the thicker neoprene gloves on the market are good with a merino wool liner underneath.

markd
Roach
Roach

Post by markd » Sat Nov 23 2019 22:18

I got some of these last winter but found that due to the shiny little grip pad they made an awful squealing noise when thumbing the spool!
I’ve rubbed the affected area down with some wet and dry but yet to try it out.

Mark Phillips
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark Phillips » Sun Nov 24 2019 13:58

Neoprene? Nope, never kept my hands warm.

I find the issue is that constantly casting means the gloves are getting wet, so it doesn't take long for a warm hand to become a cold one. Plenty of waterproof gloves about, just check out hiking/mountaineering websites for those. Personally, I wouldn't even look ant anything from a fishing tackle supplier. Extremities are one brand I seem to have a small collection of - the goretex windstopper gloves they do are awesome, but aren't w/proof...

So, for lure fishing on a cold, wet day, I find that the best solution is a glove that still retains warmth when wet - so I use Mechanix insulated gloves for this. They're heavily used by the military and if you own a pair, you'll know why. Even when they do get wet, they stay warm and have very good dexterity. 20 quid (ish) if you shop around, which is a bargain IMO.

Tony McTaggart
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Tony McTaggart » Mon Nov 25 2019 15:52

It's the reason I use merino wool liners under neoprene Mark for work and fishing in winter time.

Slug
Chub
Chub

Post by Slug » Mon Nov 25 2019 19:50

Some info about Possum Fur from the merino/possum blend gloves that I mentioned above.

New Zealand possum fur is characterised by its short and fine fibre which has a uniquely hollow structure. This unique hollow structure is what makes possum fur so special. In fact, the hollow fibre structure is only found in one other animal, the polar bear.

As a result of its fibre, possum fur has unrivalled heat retention and insulation properties. This is possible because any heat produced is trapped within tiny air pockets within the fur before it can escape. Helping to keep you toasty warm when the winter months roll in.

In addition to the warmth possum fur provides us, it is uncannily lightweight and soft to the touch. While this makes the fur perfect to wear year-round, it also helps to release and draw moisture away from the body and into the air.

peteren
Roach
Roach

Post by peteren » Tue Nov 26 2019 11:05

I've tried all sorts, and find best is thin golf gloves under fingerless mitts.
Still enough feel for casting / braking with multi or f/s.

Slug
Chub
Chub

Post by Slug » Fri Nov 29 2019 18:06

Mark Phillips wrote:

So, for lure fishing on a cold, wet day, I find that the best solution is a glove that still retains warmth when wet - so I use Mechanix insulated gloves for this. They're heavily used by the military and if you own a pair, you'll know why. Even when they do get wet, they stay warm and have very good dexterity. 20 quid (ish) if you shop around, which is a bargain IMO.
Just tried a pair of these on for size pretty impressed! I’ll buy a pair to try out. Reckon they might have a bit more feel than the sft.