Storm alive and kickin

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
tomgrim
Roach
Roach

Storm alive and kickin

Post by tomgrim »

Anybody any experience with the storm alive and kickin lures? How do you rate them

Cheers
Timbo1
Roach
Roach

Re: Storm alive and kickin

Post by Timbo1 »

I've caught a few on them, they're quite light, but not very durable a couple of lively jacks and one of mine fell to bits :cry:
tomgrim
Roach
Roach

Post by tomgrim »

Yeh not heard of them before, saw them on fishing mega store. I've bought a couple will try them out
Fentiger01
Disco Dave
Disco Dave

Post by Fentiger01 »

I have a red Storm 'Alive and Kicking' 6inch Shad I used to use about 10 years ago on the Fens, it was an absolute super-sub and almost always saved the day if the going was tough!
Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!
tomgrim
Roach
Roach

Post by tomgrim »

Just got the lures today they look alright, the pike one is a bit small but the perch looks pretty good will give them a go this weekend
Master Bait
Roach
Roach

Post by Master Bait »

I thought they were OK, but nothing special. I used to find that the action wasn't always consistent. Some would swim nicely out of the packet, but far too often I found I had to crank them back very quickly to get them swimming and they would plane to the surface. I had a couple that just wouldn't swim at all.
Timbo1
Roach
Roach

Post by Timbo1 »

on a similar topic. I've gone right off Storm Wildeye shads after one simply broke, after i had a hit from a right lump near the boat. The lead hook hanger that fixes the bottom treble to the large upper single hook simply snapped on a Roach version, so something to bear in mind. I now either wire or cable tie the bottom treble.
ironpike
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by ironpike »

Total crap to me, got two Alive and Kickin pikes, both swim completely stiff and sideways unless I retrieve extremely fast. I got the same problem with Westin's Mike the Pike hybrid (smaller size), but at least Westin's swim straight.
alan behenna
Barbel
Barbel

Post by alan behenna »

Master Bait wrote: Sat Apr 29 2017 09:42 -
I thought they were OK, but nothing special. I used to find that the action wasn't always consistent. Some would swim nicely out of the packet, but far too often I found I had to crank them back very quickly to get them swimming and they would plane to the surface. I had a couple that just wouldn't swim at all.

+1, pretty much "not worth bothering with" and poor quality (as mentioned) are my brief experience of some roach versions.
Will Smith
James Holgate Award Winner 2023
James Holgate Award Winner 2023

Post by Will Smith »

alan behenna wrote: Fri Dec 01 2017 11:20 -
Master Bait wrote: Sat Apr 29 2017 09:42 -

+1, pretty much "not worth bothering with" and poor quality (as mentioned) are my brief experience of some roach versions.
I must have been lucky with mine so far I have not had a bad one, probably have about 6 various sizes.
I don't catch that much on them though to be fair.

Will.