Roaming setup

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
basssound
Stickleback
Stickleback

Roaming setup

Post by basssound »

So I'm getting ready to start spinning/lure fish for pike.
What's everyone's setup for a light roaming/roaving session on the bank side.
I've decided on a korum multi mat for most of the carrying needs but what do you do when walking between places?
Does anyone use a rod holder, quiver bag ect...
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Re: Roaming setup

Post by Andrew »

shoulder bag with pockets, ive got one lure box with all my favourites, a bottle of water, tools, and some rig making stuff in the front pocket. can tie/clip on a roll up mat and carry a net in the other hand. its p**s easy.

lure rod is only 6' 6" one piece with a multiplier so its permanently setup in the corner of my room ready to go, just add lure. no hold alls or quivers etc. do you intend taking more than one lure rod ?
basssound
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by basssound »

No I don't intend to take more than one but there will be my old man as well so been able to store a bag/box fully kitted out for us two will save us time.
basssound
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by basssound »

Anyone else?
Mercman
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mercman »

Ray Waker
martin(rockape)
Barbel
Barbel

Post by martin(rockape) »

I carry the one rod and landing net. Every thing else goes into a rucksack which stays on my back till i decide to have a few minutes sit down with a brew and a bite to eat.

The only time i use a rod quiver and mine is very very basic in otherwords mine isnt like a rod bag with its top cut off lol, is when i fish with dead baits and need to carry banksticks etc also but then once I'm on the bank I'm leap frogging down the river so the quiver is redundant till i pack up and go home.

Regards

Martin
Martin Alexander aka Alex, Spic.
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

For lures; a converted camera bag, net is a tele Salmon carried on a on a sling, rod in hand.
For bait; an Orvis Safe Passage Sling Pack, dead bait in the pack, lives in a small bucket, rods, net, etc in a Korum 3rod quiver.
For sustenance, I chew jerk beef, drink 1/3L of water, reserve are 3 Mars bars.
I don't carry a chair but do wear knee pads.
On rivers I often wear a lifejacket.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Mark Phillips
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark Phillips »

Just a QFP round net with telescopic handle, a 35L rucksack, into that goes a camera & compact tripod/food & drink/bits n bobs/scales & sling, unhooking mat rolled up in the top flap - doubles as a seat when I want a break. Lures are carried in a bucket; one rod only of course and a musto waistcoat stuffed with some extra lures/unhooking gear. I've walked up to six miles in a day like that when fishing drains...
Piking Plonker
Mully
Roach
Roach

Post by Mully »

Rod and reel in hand with a small over the shoulder bag thats got a few boxes of lures, traces, unhooking gear and a few tins of pop and some choccy to keep energy levels up especially if im walking some distance. In my other hand is my salmon type net with a handle that collapses and a thin roll up type unhooking mat clipped to my bag. I also keep a few sliding floats and some shot and single hook rigs attached to pipe lagging incase i call off at the supermarket and get some sprats before going. I keep all of it in the boot of my car minus the sprats :grin:
Andy Scott
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Andy Scott »

Big capacity waistcoat stuffed with lures and unhooking gear. Camera/Sling in the big back pocket with water and snacks. Rod in one hand and a net in the other. That's it.......
Walk for miles and miles if necessary.
Kangawollabat
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Kangawollabat »

G'day. I carry a good comfortable backpack that has PVC downpipe's cut to fit in the larger pocket that I hang my lure's in, I can also fit a smaller plano box which has spare hooks, leader's etc. I put my unhooking tools/mat in a side pocket and a drink bottle in the opposite. The backpack I have has a front pocket that I carry scales, and any other assorted bits I might need. I have a Shakespeare Sigma net that I hang through the carry loop that most bags have at the top of them. This leaves both hands free to deal with the fishing rod and terrain..
xenia
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by xenia »

I have all my gear and food in coat pockets (I wear a "shooting" type jacket with 4 big pockets and a giant "game" pocket at the back (big enough to carry 2 dead pheasants or ducks!)

I have a Mclean salmon net https://www.sportfish.co.uk/mclean-salm ... g-net.html - it cost me £110 last year but they are now charging £150!. This has a sling that goes on my back and contains the unhooking mat (keep one side dry and you can use it to sit/lie on).

So no bag or net to carry - I can carry a good selection of lures, traces, forceps, spare spools, water and food. I can do 6 or 7 hours away from the car with this and cover miles - you can just walk, cast and hopefully catch without having to pick up and carry bags and net.
peteren
Barbel
Barbel

Post by peteren »

Andy Scott wrote: Mon Dec 18 2017 08:44 -
Big capacity waistcoat stuffed with lures and unhooking gear. Camera/Sling in the big back pocket with water and snacks. Rod in one hand and a net in the other. That's it.......
Walk for miles and miles if necessary.
Me too.
From a "cast of thousands", I select 2 or 3 bags of 15 lures into the car boot, then one bag of about 15 to cover options for that venue.
Peter Newman