Baitcaster recommendations

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
The6ftJerk
Stickleback
Stickleback

Baitcaster recommendations

Post by The6ftJerk »

Hi guys im looking for a quality baitcaster/multiplier under £150 to tackle lures of 60 - 80g, any recommendations please?
Captain Ahab
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Re: Baitcaster recommendations

Post by Captain Ahab »

I have been using the Okuma Citrix 364 size for this season, I think it’s very good and looks great too. I actually ordered the 273 size first but it was really small and returned it for the 364 size and that’s perfect for general lure castings, I have been using lures in the size you are using. I can’t really see why you would spend the extra and get the Komodo when they have produced such a good real like the Citrix, the model I mentioned was a bit hard to get hold of, GAC will order one for you though.
The6ftJerk
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by The6ftJerk »

Thanks Ahab ive been looking at reels like the citrix and abu max toro and have heard good things about both. Just want to get something new ready for the new season in a few months. Cheers
Hoops77
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Hoops77 »

Hi mate, I've recently bought the daiwa prorex hla 200, only used it fora couple of month but can't fault it, I'm chucking lures from 60g right upto 150g, easy adjustment, smooth drag and so far seems hard wearing, I only pai£120 for angling direct, worth a look 👍👍
Chris b
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Chris b »

2nd hand abu 6501 and stick a dual bearing level wind + idler gear bearing upgrade + ceramic line pawl to bring it up to £150 :) Bout as good as it gets imho.