Help/Advice

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
Setters69
Stickleback
Stickleback

Help/Advice

Post by Setters69 »

Hi Guys,
Although I do a lot of dead bait piking I have never really got in to lure fishing unlike my dear father. Unfortunately the old man has now had to pack up fishing through ill health and asked me to sell off his kit.
It is here that I need the advice of you guys if you would be so kind.
He has 5 rods that I have looked at that look in really good condition with at least 2 of them never having been used due to his health.
As I know nowt about these rods could someone advise me as to what they are worth and possibly the best place to advertise them?
The rods are as follows
1) Abu Enticer 8' 10-30g shows sign of use but in very good condition
2) Gerys Prodigy Spin 8'6" 15-60g never used as far as I can tell cork handle still has wrapping on it
3) Fox Predator Elite Jerk 6' 30-140g doesn't look like its been used extremely clean
4) Fox Extreme Pike Jerk 6' 30-90g very good condition extremely clean
5 Mick Brown Spin Stick 7' 20-70g Never used brought by myself for him just before he was taken ill still in original tube & bag.
As I say grateful of any advice at this difficult time for the ole man
Cheers Setters69
Will Smith
James Holgate Award Winner 2023
James Holgate Award Winner 2023

Re: Help/Advice

Post by Will Smith »

Welcome to the forum !
Ebay is the best place to get an idea of prices, just punch in the rod name and there you go, of course you should have an idea of the 'MB Spin Stick' price, if you bought it for your Dad yourself.
IMO, Anything secondhand needs to be in the range of 1/2-2/3rds original price for good to mint condition, rods in used condition need to be half price of less depending on how 'used' they are.
You could try putting them up on here but, lure rods would probably sell better on the LAS forum, trouble for you is that I don't think either forums allow new members to advertise gear until they have reached a certain number of post (not 100% sure on that you would have to check). As a new forum member it would be good if you could ask someone who is well know and trusted on the forum to vouch for you, if you do not know anyone on here and if no one can or will vouch for you it is unlikely that you will find buyers on either of these forums, members have been stitched up before by new members posting gear for sale and then disappearing.
I am not suggesting for one second that is what you are trying to do, just trying to make you aware of the situation.
Good luck with the sales, but my advice would be go ebay or make yourself know here, posting under your own name instead of a nick name would be a good start :thumbs:

:laughs: :laughs: :laughs: all that said, I might be interested in the Enticer, if it is the same as the one I already have, once we get to know each other better of course :wink: .

Will.
Setters69
Stickleback
Stickleback

Re: Help/Advice

Post by Setters69 »

Hi Will
Firstly may I introduce my self my name is Alan, I'm a keen pike angler from South East Kent area.
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my request and thank you for the advice. It is an unfortunate situation with my Dad and him having to pack up fishing as this was a great love of his, and of course like most of us got him away from my mum!!
I'll have a look around on e-bay I have already put most of his lures on there for sale at his request, but wasnt really sure what the rods are worth would hate to see them go for peanuts through my ignorance of this branch of our great sport.
I would like to think that I'm a totally honest & trust worthy person holding a job of responsibility but take on board what you have said in being "New" to this site, just didnt realise you could use your real name.
Once again I thank you for taking the time to reply, and I would be more than happy to send you pictures of the rod you have mentioned.
Best wishes
Alan Setterfield aka setters69