Lure fishing from shore in Scotland

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
Glasgowpiker
Stickleback
Stickleback

Lure fishing from shore in Scotland

Post by Glasgowpiker »

ok so I've been out about 11 times since the beginning of the year and I kid you not, I've blanked every single time. I regularly fish the forth and clyde canal in and just outside of Glasgow but I'm close to giving up as all I've ever caught in there is tiny jacks. I love lure fishing but I'm struggling to get the fish to bite! I'm looking for new places to fish lures from the shore as I don't have boat access. my knowledge when it comes to pike fishing is limited as I only started last year and I know NOBODY else who does it. like I say, all I've caught is tiddlers and I'm itching to catch something of a decent size so my girlfriend will stop taking the p**s out of me hahaha. So guys, please share some good locations with me anywhere in Scotland but preferably Glasgow/Dumfries area. I need to catch something, it's been too long!!!

Cheers in advance and happy fishing!
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Re: Lure fishing from shore in Scotland

Post by Andrew »

we have a new "no naming waters" rule on here. canals massive though so I suppose that can slide :scratch: wouldnt really hold out much hope of anyone naming waters. first post too, asking for locations, these usually dont end well but please do stick around :grin:

I'll tell you why your only getting jacks though. the canal is s***e.
Glasgowpiker
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Glasgowpiker »

Thank's for the heads up Andrew! wish me luck!
zodiac
Barbel
Barbel

Post by zodiac »

You're not very likely to get actual locations, what you will get is plenty of advice about the types of water to target, when, and how to approach them, giving you some background knowledge to help you suss things out yourself. You're only an hour from lots of pike fishing in every direction.
P.s. a lot of waters in Dumfries and Galloway can be smaller and shallower than the typical big lochs, and might be best avoided during the warmer months.
'Politicians. Don't vote, it just encourages them. The desire to be a politician should bar you from life from ever being one' Billy Connoly
andrew_nagel
Zander
Zander

Post by andrew_nagel »

Try looking at PAAS or PAC and finding when your local region is meeting next. You'll likely be able to get an invite along to a water or two and shown the ropes.
Watty
Roach
Roach

Post by Watty »

Canal is deserted. Go on Google maps, look for the blue bits, get the name of the blue bits, type the name and “pike” in google images, this will tell you if pike are present, then type location and fishing license into google. Start casting.
Graham Benyon
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Graham Benyon »

Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Nige Johns »

Be better joking a PAC Facebook page,they’re more than happy to openly name waters