Gloves

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
C722
Stickleback
Stickleback

Gloves

Post by C722 »

Has anyone got any recommendations for lure fishing gloves? Planning to do more lure fishing throughout the winter, so would like some good quality gloves this year.

Cheers
MarkBerrisford
Chub
Chub

Re: Gloves

Post by MarkBerrisford »

What reel are you using multi or fixed spool? I use the snowbee sft gloves with a multiplier best i’ve used by far
Search MB Custom Lures on Facebook
C722
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by C722 »

I use a multiplier mainly. Thanks - I'll look into the Snowbee ones.
Monts
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Monts »

I've used the same as Mark for around the last two to three years. When thumbing the spool you have no problems with feeling it. And the majority of my lure fishing is with smaller hard baits for Perch. I've got small delicate office worker hands :grin: But I found the medium to tight when I tried them on so went for the large. I think Daniel may have recommended them on the LAS forum at the time, though I can't be sure?
If you wanna go fishing go fishing.- John Gierach
Slug
Chub
Chub

Post by Slug »

Ive been using the snowbee sft for a few years too was told that’s what fly anglers use in the winter very impressed.
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Look at the huge range of sailing gloves available.
Non slip grips where you need it, waterproof throughout, materials that last forever, everything you could wish for they are a once only purchase.
(I found mine on the beach after a yacht race).

I understand that some US anglers glue a cork pad over the backplate to keep their holding hand from chilling.

Office workers hands :laughs:
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
andrew_nagel
Zander
Zander

Post by andrew_nagel »

Glacier Gloves. Neoprenes that last a few seasons, fit well and keep the hands warm.
http://www.glacierglove.com/pro-angler/
bigaldo
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by bigaldo »

I like these
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Alll the battles are won, but I'm still on the run"
Vole
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Vole »

My piking trips being mostly local and brief, I take a pocketful of pairs of pound-shop mitts and change them when they get wet. A few small micro-fibre towels from the same source help keep the paws dry, too, which is half the battle.