Invaders

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
Andytheammer
Barbel
Barbel

Invaders

Post by Andytheammer »

After a couple, Anyone know best place to purchase?
Any deals?
Andy Sewell
Mark Phillips
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Invaders

Post by Mark Phillips »

Straight from Musky Innovations... where I get them from...

https://musky-innovations.myshopify.com/collections
Piking Plonker
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »

Mark Phillips wrote: Sat Oct 27 2018 17:14 -
Straight from Musky Innovations... where I get them from...

https://musky-innovations.myshopify.com/collections
Mark they don’t seem to sell the Deep invaders
Any recommendations,
Regards
Tom
Steve Le maitre
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Steve Le maitre »

Mark you must buy a lot in one go to justify an order as the “total” costs can make it uneconomical compared to sourcing in the uk, ie, packing, airmail, parcel force charge £8.00 minimum, + the duty + vat. ( It’s the Vat on the air mail charge that hurts my head ! ) to compare with uk retailers. If you ordered say 10 Deep Invaders in one go I would not be surprised if they came in at £20 - £23 ish per bait minimum.
Steve Le maitre
Barbel
Barbel

Bass online have them, well they had them at the convention.
Steve Le maitre
Barbel
Barbel

....... whoops, and they had invaders too not just deep.
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »

Steve Le maitre wrote: Sat Oct 27 2018 19:34 -
....... whoops, and they had invaders too not just deep.
Cheers Steve
I did see them at the convention
But by the time I’d noticed them it was to late ,
I’d already spent to much . lol
I couldn’t remember who was selling them ,so thanks for that
They only have limited stock of both shallow and deep ,so cheers again for the nod
Regards
Tom
Mark Phillips
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark Phillips »

Steve Le maitre wrote: Sat Oct 27 2018 19:30 -
Mark you must buy a lot in one go to justify an order as the “total” costs can make it uneconomical compared to sourcing in the uk, ie, packing, airmail, parcel force charge £8.00 minimum, + the duty + vat. ( It’s the Vat on the air mail charge that hurts my head ! ) to compare with uk retailers. If you ordered say 10 Deep Invaders in one go I would not be surprised if they came in at £20 - £23 ish per bait minimum.
Yeah, I do and taking your example, I disagree that's it is uneconomical as you'll probably end up paying the same as would to a UK retailer, once duty/shipping is added - but it's not really about cost (to me anyway) it is about getting the lures I want. Even paying a slight premium I think is worth it as sadly, you'll still struggle to find a lot of lures being sold in the UK that are easily sourced in the US.I've bought literally hundreds of lures from the States and if you get hit for duty, from my experience, it'll generally have cost you much the same as buying from your average UK or European retailer, don't get hit and you are very much making savings. Surface mail is far less likely to get stuffed for tax than airmail, in my experience.

Another option, no longer available to me as I currently work for a UK based company, is to mail them to a US address and get them to forward them on. I've worked for a couple of American companies where I was able to do that through internal mail. Bulk buying with mates is another option. I always recall the $2,500 order me and few pals placed with with Rollie & Helens - when it arrived we met up and it was just like a bunch of kids opening their Xmas presents! We weren't hit for duty on that one and it wasn't just lures we ordered, but I do remember that we wiped out their entire stock of weighted Burts. LOL. Bottom line is, if I can buy in the UK and it's cheaper than the total cost from the US, I will, else, I am happy enough to source from the US and potentially incur a small premium to get the good stuff.
Piking Plonker
Steve Le maitre
Barbel
Barbel

I must be unlucky Mark, whatever the price is in dollars of lures etc by the time it's in my hands it will of cost me £1.30 per dollar so for example a $20.00 bait all in would be £26.00 ish and of course you'd need to buy enough stuff in one order to offset the costs to get it back as cheap as that !! Like you say it's simply cheaper to buy more baits in one go !!! The £8.00 parcel force charge is the same £8.00 having bought say two baits or if you bought 22. It's been many years since I've had stuff "slip" through customs. That $2500 order must of been quite something, one thing I will say is that you seem to get some crap lures, lures you wouldn't pick off the shelf yourself and we've all had them and you know the ones with a wonky lip or bad epoxy. If you were there in person you'd sort the best example from the batch and that's one benefit you have if you can buy over here in person.
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Mark Phillips wrote: Sun Oct 28 2018 10:45 -
Steve Le maitre wrote: Sat Oct 27 2018 19:30 -
Yeah, I do and taking your example, I disagree that's it is uneconomical as you'll probably end up paying the same as would to a UK retailer, once duty/shipping is added - but it's not really about cost (to me anyway) it is about getting the lures I want. Even paying a slight premium I think is worth it as sadly, you'll still struggle to find a lot of lures being sold in the UK that are easily sourced in the US.I've bought literally hundreds of lures from the States and if you get hit for duty, from my experience, it'll generally have cost you much the same as buying from your average UK or European retailer, don't get hit and you are very much making savings. Surface mail is far less likely to get stuffed for tax than airmail, in my experience.

Another option, no longer available to me as I currently work for a UK based company, is to mail them to a US address and get them to forward them on. I've worked for a couple of American companies where I was able to do that through internal mail. Bulk buying with mates is another option. I always recall the $2,500 order me and few pals placed with with Rollie & Helens - when it arrived we met up and it was just like a bunch of kids opening their Xmas presents! We weren't hit for duty on that one and it wasn't just lures we ordered, but I do remember that we wiped out their entire stock of weighted Burts. LOL. Bottom line is, if I can buy in the UK and it's cheaper than the total cost from the US, I will, else, I am happy enough to source from the US and potentially incur a small premium to get the good stuff.

Im with you 100% on your bottom line philosophy.
Once I decide the items I want I will shop wherever they are available at the lowest price.
There are several methods that enable a determined angler to obtain most of their requirements and at the same time remain perfectly legal but I dont think this is the place to make them public.

After we've left the EU I expect to see a reduction in the EU tariffs and import taxes (deliberately designed to make imported goods more expensive than EU sales) if we don't tie ourselves to their restrictive practices.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jimk2 »

Is it the shallow or deep?
Could part with some
Andytheammer
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Andytheammer »