Tokyo rig for perch

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Tokyo rig for perch

Post by Alan_dalton »

Any one tried it yet with? Just another gimmick. Going to knock a few up in the garage today and give them a bash for perch. They look quite good I think.
Michael McBride
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Re: Tokyo rig for perch

Post by Michael McBride »

Had to google this one.Never used it, but it is a variation of the jika rig which I have used a few times.More versatile than the jika.
The jika has only been used in a LRF situation, by me, and always used with a column lead.
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Alan_dalton »

Going to make some and give it a go for perch
The Omen
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by The Omen »

Just another tackle box filler. To me it just looks like a dropshot rig with a small gap between hook and weight and fished differently. I don’t think the rig itself offers anything different.
Daniel
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Daniel »

It works fine dragged over a gravel or silty bottom, but isn't really needed there.
It's not great in British weed, our weed tends to be horrible, snotty stuff that clings to everything so you end up dragging a big clump of weed along the bottom which pulls away the moment you lift away from the deck.
Drop shooting has been more effective for me, but I find DS fishing bloody tedious!
J-P
Roach
Roach

Post by J-P »

Currently in South Korea and the Tokyo rig very popular for Bass. It works but prefer drop shot, Texas rig or shakey head.

The Tokyo rig is semi weedless and is decent for getting out of snaggs, but if fishing in waters with fine weeds (as mentioned by Daniel), it picks up way more than a drop shot or Texas rig.

As in most cases, it depends on the water you fish and your preferred style. It's great in many situations but master of none imo.
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

J-P wrote: Tue May 21 2019 14:30 -
Currently in South Korea and the Tokyo rig very popular for Bass. It works but prefer drop shot, Texas rig or shakey head.

The Tokyo rig is semi weedless and is decent for getting out of snaggs, but if fishing in waters with fine weeds (as mentioned by Daniel), it picks up way more than a drop shot or Texas rig.

As in most cases, it depends on the water you fish and your preferred style. It's great in many situations but master of none imo.

Is that Black Bass or Bass in the sea?
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
J-P
Roach
Roach

Post by J-P »

Mike J wrote: Wed May 22 2019 10:42 -
J-P wrote: Tue May 21 2019 14:30 -

Is that Black Bass or Bass in the sea?
Black Bass.
20190521_094545.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Nice fish, thank you for posting :thumbs:

Plenty in Esp. & Por. :wink:
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus