If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
Will Smith
James Holgate Award Winner 2023
James Holgate Award Winner 2023

Re: The new mega mouse??

Post by Will Smith »

Mark Phillips wrote: Sun Apr 14 2019 11:09 -
I must defend the sacred one :guns:

I've got a shed load of SSR's in my collection, including a whole drawer full of spares, still in the packaging and stored away :suspect: Why some people can't live with the best trolling lure you could ever clip on the end of a leader I don't know :confused: I've caught God knows how many pike and zander on them and there's really nothing I can think of that could compete. All I'll say is if you don't use them, you're missing out :roll: Not just for trolling either, they work brilliantly when cranked or twitched :eek: I always pack a few when fishing drains and rivers from the bank. No favourite colour pattern, but tend to use primarily 9 different patterns which all have their day (fire tiger, goldfish, hot tiger, perch, yellow tiger, red head, blue shad, gold shiner, silver shiner). The jointed X Raps are also pike magnets :woot:

Oh, yeah, Scuttlebugs... got to love 'em, a great lure to be using around this time of year when the pike are looking for ducklings. Both of mine are chewed to bits. Plop, plop, plop, plop, plop, plop, plop...

Jitterbugs are my go to surface lure for chub, never really rated them for pike as they're a bit too small, but they do work of course.
More or less my considered opinion as well as far as the Rapala's are concerned, I have not used the Scuttle or Jitter bugs enough to form an opinion on them yet, however the crazy crawler has done well for me on top.

Will.