Prorex range

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
tomgrim
Roach
Roach

Prorex range

Post by tomgrim »

Has anyone had experience with the Prorex XR range and how does it fair up against other brands. Can't find any reviews online really. Looking at the 150g rod and 300HLA Baitcaster
Flipflopjoe
Chub
Chub

Re: Prorex range

Post by Flipflopjoe »

I was asking a similar question a few months back, I was looking for a baitcastimg rod around 100g to pair with an Abu max toro.
Thread was called”Prorex rod” I think.
I ended up getting a Savage Gear Custom Predator tho :laughs:

Edit: thread is “Diawa prorex E lure rods” :thumbs:
Joe Birch
“There’s a fine line between fishing, and standing on the bank like an idiot!”
bio-haul
Roach
Roach

Post by bio-haul »

Well tomgrim, I got the 300HLA Baitcaster as I needed something which could handle the big lures. The previous baitcaster I used (don't laugh....a kastking) was just not upto the job.

Paired the 300HLA with a 250g Savage Gear. No problems & very smooth (it should be for that money)
Spicystealth
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Spicystealth »

I have four if the Prorex XR rods inc the 6’ 150g rod really like it and not a poker stick

I did have the 300 reel but had to send two of them back due to the spool release button engaging on the cast causing a gear crunching noise
Both replaced by daiwa directly with no issues , but sent the 2nd reel back after a few casts as it did the same thing got a refund , bought a Abu Revo toro beast instead
norleveller
Perch
Perch

Post by norleveller »

i have the prorex 150g and the savage gear custom 170g, savge gear much better rod imo better action a tad softer even though its rated higher in the casting range good finish too for the tackle tarts among us