FFS

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
Danoutdoors
Chub
Chub

Re: FFS

Post by Danoutdoors »

Mattjb wrote: Tue Aug 27 2019 10:55 -
I often look in on Andy Black's blog page and was suprised to see a pic of him using a flouro trace.
I've watched most of the pike fight and fly versus jerk vids and occaisionaly they get bitten off but just shrug it off as one of those things.Can't see how it can be acceptable to leave a pike with a whacking great lump of plastic stuck in its chops if it can be avoided by using wire.
Only thinking of themselves, they think they get more fish because of it, I think it deserves to be cracked down on in the UK and taken off the shelves.
alan behenna
Barbel
Barbel

Post by alan behenna »

No respect for their quarry and a touch of "Monkey see Monkey do", sums' it up nicely for the majority of them.

:fu:
Ratty46
Chub
Chub

Post by Ratty46 »

alan behenna wrote: Wed Aug 21 2019 18:01 -
Ratty46 wrote: Wed Aug 21 2019 16:57 -
i gave up arguing on FB, i actually have a group on there, its been going about 8 years, its closed group, admined, and anyone mentions using fluro they are blocked and banned permanently :rock: :pigs: , i will not entertain it and i will not bother arguing, there is no point.
and it works, so far i havent seen a fluro posts for ages! :thumbs:

:hammer:

:thumbs:
:thumbs: :madmick:
Ratty46
Chub
Chub

Post by Ratty46 »

owen k wrote: Mon Aug 26 2019 14:32 -
Turned on Dean Macey the other night and they were deadbaiting a canal with fluoro traces. :mad:
with fairly big trebles,, :eek: :pale: :suspect: :hammer: :hissy: :yours:
Mark Phillips
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark Phillips »

Danoutdoors wrote: Tue Aug 27 2019 11:36 -
Mattjb wrote: Tue Aug 27 2019 10:55 -
I often look in on Andy Black's blog page and was suprised to see a pic of him using a flouro trace.
I've watched most of the pike fight and fly versus jerk vids and occaisionaly they get bitten off but just shrug it off as one of those things.Can't see how it can be acceptable to leave a pike with a whacking great lump of plastic stuck in its chops if it can be avoided by using wire.
Only thinking of themselves, they think they get more fish because of it, I think it deserves to be cracked down on in the UK and taken off the shelves.
You are spot in with that - many of them think they'll catch more by using FC. Just demonstrates a complete lack of understanding IMO. I managed to get a second angling club to ban FC at a committee meeting last week :thumbs: That's two clubs I have got to change their rules banning it. Still work to do, as sadly it's use is gaining in popularity thanks to idiots promoting its use online.
Piking Plonker
MarkBerrisford
Chub
Chub

Post by MarkBerrisford »

Mark Phillips wrote: Mon Aug 26 2019 18:45 -
owen k wrote: Mon Aug 26 2019 14:32 -
Turned on Dean Macey the other night and they were deadbaiting a canal with fluoro traces. :mad:
Yeah, I agree with you 100%, but it doesn't surprise me one bit. I watched (just) one episode of his latest TV show (by accident, as I was hoping to see more Monster Carp) and oh dear, oh dear and oh dear. How that got to the screen I really don't know. What's the PAC's official line on the use FC in pike fishing? Keen to know face. I've got a couple of big clubs to ban it and am currently lobbying a third. I'm presenting at the next committee meeting on behalf of the pike ...
I was just wondering what the PAC’s policy regarding FC was myself Mark
Search MB Custom Lures on Facebook
Half Mackeral
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Half Mackeral »

Why not channel the criticism towards the Savage n Rage team who promote their use?
lochhopper
Roach
Roach

Post by lochhopper »

It's not only FB:

https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/ ... ike/153422

"The heaviest I use is 14-pound Berkley Trilene XT," he says. "I often drop to 10-pound-test and see an increase in bites." He doesn't use fluorocarbon or wire leaders here and says big pike won't strike heavier setups. Everyone has a story of a big pike or muskie landed on 6-pound line fishing for walleyes. I feel that in those situations, big fish were caught because of the light line, not in spite of it." He's had his share of lost fish but, over the years, extra bites have more than made up for it.
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Post by Steve Dennington »

lochhopper wrote: Fri Oct 18 2019 08:56 -
" He's had his share of lost fish but, over the years, extra bites have more than made up for it".
Yep, that's the sort of attitude causing the problem, summed up perfectly.
alan behenna
Barbel
Barbel

Post by alan behenna »

He doesn't use fluorocarbon or wire leaders here and says big pike won't strike heavier setups.

What a pile of Bull-Extract being verbally excreted here.

You can mark his CV' with the ol' "Needs To Get Out More" comment!

:roll: