Lure identification help please

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
steved
Stickleback
Stickleback

Lure identification help please

Post by steved »

Morning All, I hope you can help me. Do any of you know the generic name for the lure type below? I am trying to find some for my girlfriend. It is her go to lure but we have lost them all now. I dont know the general name to start searching for them. It is a soft body with a spinner blade tail. I think decathlon and westin do one but that it pretty much all I can find. I have also seen some kind of spinner blade attachment that can be fitted 'after market' that appears to sit below the lure but i dont know much about these either? Any help you can offer is much appreciated. Many thanks, Steve.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Re: Lure identification help please

Post by Mike J »

You can add a spinner blade to any suitable lure using split rings and a swivel.

If you buy a basic shad you can attach a belly hook by inserting a wire up and around the top hook
Use the same method to attach the spinner blade but use the front ring as the mount for the wire.
A long darning needle is best tool for the job.

:handshake:

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
giantlureguy
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by giantlureguy »

Dont think there is a generic name in english. The french name for these "shad a palette" litteraly transelates to "paddle taille shad with blade".

The biwaa divinator is another good one.
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Post by Steve Dennington »

A "tailspinner" would be the generic description.
JohnCopeman
Perch
Perch

Post by JohnCopeman »

A feeder fishing paste screw and tiny BB swivel for smaller shads. A cut down shallow screw and any old swivel for bigger ones.
steved
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by steved »

Thanks for the replies gents, much to think about. Customising sounds fun.
Iain Gillies
Perch
Perch

Post by Iain Gillies »

I have a couple of these in blue and firetiger. They seem well enough built and I have caught fish on the.

£3.00 21%OFF | Kingdom 2019 Hot Fishing lures 200mm 52g Soft Baits With Spoon On Tail Sinking Good Action Artificial Bait PVC Soft Lures
https://a.aliexpress.com/_B0WlxS
spincityfan
Chub
Chub

Post by spincityfan »

Have a look at Dam Effzett Kick-s Minnow Spinner, very similar to the one in the picture

https://www.fishingmegastore.com/shads/ ... learance=1
Introducing the worlds worst Barbel Angler,

Mr Ash Shaw
fossil-fish
Perch
Perch

Post by fossil-fish »

Savage gear do one called the Spin Shad.

https://www.anglingactive.co.uk/savage- ... trout.html
Michael Bruton
steved
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by steved »

Thank you all for your advice. Steve
steved
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by steved »

Thanks for your advice gents. Had a first attempt today. Found some cheap paddle tails and screw in spinner blades. A quick trim of the paddle and they look ok. A longer tail would be nice but I doubt it’s a deal clincher.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JoeNickel
Chub
Chub

Post by JoeNickel »

Similar but different - Abu have just launched the 'Beast Instant Spinnerbait' to attach a blade to a shad or whatever.

Haven't seen one in the flesh, but the clip looks a bit easily-opened from the pics.

Screenshot_20210313-134035_Chrome.jpg
The dildo of consequences rarely arrives lubed
Mark Phillips
Zander
Zander

Post by Mark Phillips »

JoeNickel wrote: Sat Mar 13 2021 14:43 -
Similar but different - Abu have just launched the 'Beast Instant Spinnerbait' to attach a blade to a shad or whatever.

Haven't seen one in the flesh, but the clip looks a bit easily-opened from the pics.

Just copying the Shumway Hot Head - I've been using those for years, good for helicoptering down past structure. I file the barbs down on mine - prefer the shad version to the curly tail grub, but both are effective. Handy as you can swap out the body and change blades to suit conditions or how you want to fish them. A lure I often take on the drains when I need to travel light, but want some options. Think Mr Lumb used to sell them at one point. Good lures, no sewing kit required :knife:

Piking Plonker
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Mark Phillips wrote: Sat Mar 13 2021 17:00 -

Just copying the Shumway Hot Head - I've been using those for years, good for helicoptering down past structure. I file the barbs down on mine - prefer the shad version to the curly tail grub, but both are effective. Handy as you can swap out the body and change blades to suit conditions or how you want to fish them. A lure I often take on the drains when I need to travel light, but want some options. Think Mr Lumb used to sell them at one point. Good lures, no sewing kit required :knife:

I did sell Hot Heads, but they weren't particularly popular. As you say, Mark, you could add any grub, shad, or whatever. And the barbs are rank!
MANO
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by MANO »

AMG sell colarado spinner jigs in a few sizes - more to the small to micro end of the scale though.

Great for attaching to a 2'' shad on a 3g jig head - proper jack/ perch magnets.

At £2.50 for 6, you dont mind casting them into snaggy swims.
steved
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by steved »

Cheers I’ll take a look
steved
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by steved »

As i was feeling in a blue peter mood and had a couple of bombardiers this evening i also had a go at bottle cap lures. Couple of shot in it give a nice rattle.
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Post by Steve Dennington »

I agree. I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.