Special lures

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
Mark Phillips
Barbel
Barbel

Special lures

Post by Mark Phillips »

I was sorting out my lures today, for hopefully a couple of month’s early season pike fishing on the pits and came across two of my favourite glide baits. Just handling them you know they’re something very special. Lures which are almost too good to even use. God, I would cry if I lost one of these babies. Anyone else have lures like this in their collection?

Yep, my two Dunwright Dancers are just plain fricking awesome lures and IMO, rather special. Why?

I have only the two (sadly) a 6 inch and the 8 1/2 inch beast magnet – fished slow over deep water, it’s caught me some very good fish that one. The Dancer is literally one of the best made glide baits, ever. I don’t think any amount of battle damage could dent them, the finish on them is incredible. The action is incredible too – just gentle taps and they glide effortlessly, not rising or sinking. They can literally be worked at any depth. If you pause them, they sink very slowly with a very enticing wobble – I’ve had takes on the drop with these on more than a few occasions. They also have a very unique rattle – it’s kinda like a brick being hit against another brick – a very loud thud, thud, thud. Then the killer thing with these, the eyes! Very unique are the eyes. They are hollowed out and go right through the lure, allowing light to be magnified and pass right through. Many of you will I am sure know that pike use a prey’s eyes as a focal point, which with this lure, makes it even more appealing. They cast like missiles as well. The best ever glide bait? Probably. Very special, that’s the DD.

Piking Plonker
Chico 48 PAC
Chub
Chub

Re: Special lures

Post by Chico 48 PAC »

I think I had 4 or 5 mainly 8" baits, never had a hit. For me they sank too fast even when I cut down on the hardware.The eyes were pretty trick but some of Todd Clevelands Phantoms had a very similar eye.
JOIN THE PAC- http://www.pacgb.co.uk/join.html
www.chicoslures.co.uk - if you use FC for pike then do not use me.
JoeNickel
Chub
Chub

Post by JoeNickel »

Looks like you can get them online from Sweden;
https://www.sporting.se/sv/artiklar/dun ... ancer.html

And Germany;
https://www.pikeshop.de/jerkbaits/dunwright-dancer.html

Don't know if they'd post them here? The first link above has a little video of them working. Looks great!
The dildo of consequences rarely arrives lubed
Mark Phillips
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark Phillips »

Chico 48 PAC wrote: Mon Mar 15 2021 00:18 -
I think I had 4 or 5 mainly 8" baits, never had a hit. For me they sank too fast even when I cut down on the hardware.The eyes were pretty trick but some of Todd Clevelands Phantoms had a very similar eye.
I've had a lot of fish on them - the sink rates are great for where they work best, over deep water where pike are either in the bottom third or suspended. I've had them taken on the drop as well. One of my favourite lures to use in the largest size on trout waters, especially where you want a bait that maintains its depth when worked. Not many glide baits I have can do that.
Piking Plonker
philbrennan
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by philbrennan »

I lost a couple of Bromann Odell jerkbaits to snags. I don't mind admitting I nearly wept. Did well on them too.😭
"Ave you had owt?" Even if i had mate, i wouldnt tell you!