Firetiger Pattern Spinners and lures

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
Taffypiker
Barbel
Barbel

Firetiger Pattern Spinners and lures

Post by Taffypiker »

Plenty of soft bait firetiger stuff out there but less so In the form of spinners and hard lures ?

I have some DAM effzett , Abu Droppen and Hester but nowt else about , especially in sizes larger than 6 g
bio-haul
Roach
Roach

Re: Firetiger Pattern Spinners and lures

Post by bio-haul »

Could try this 200mm/110g ABU Hi-Lo
200mm FT.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fossil-fish
Perch
Perch

Post by fossil-fish »

No problem getting fire tiger lures over 6g, both spinners and hard baits. I have lots and never found them hard to get.
Michael Bruton
Taffypiker
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Taffypiker »

bio-haul wrote: Wed Sep 08 2021 09:40 -
Could try this 200mm/110g ABU Hi-Lo

200mm FT.jpg
Looks so good it could be home made
Taffypiker
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Taffypiker »

fossil-fish wrote: Wed Sep 08 2021 10:13 -
No problem getting fire tiger lures over 6g, both spinners and hard baits. I have lots and never found them hard to get.
Well there are not a lot about at the moment
bio-haul
Roach
Roach

Post by bio-haul »

Forgot to add the Hi-Lo come in 150mm/40g, 110mm/26g. 90mm Jointed/20g & 80mm/18g
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Taffypiker wrote: Wed Sep 08 2021 06:36 -
Plenty of soft bait firetiger stuff out there but less so In the form of spinners and hard lures ?

I have some DAM effzett , Abu Droppen and Hester but nowt else about , especially in sizes larger than 6 g

Dont be fooled into thinking the marketing men know the best colours because they dont.
Colour your own lures and discover what works on your waters eg; yellow was the colour of choice on one lake but 2miles up the road, same acidity, but different depths and more weed and yellow couldnt buy a hit, green was the best catcher by far.

I wobble deads but on one water Ive yet to catch my first fish on a Rudd, a bait which catches everywhere else I use it.

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Taffypiker
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Taffypiker »

Mike J wrote: Wed Sep 08 2021 11:05 -
Taffypiker wrote: Wed Sep 08 2021 06:36 -

Dont be fooled into thinking the marketing men know the best colours because they dont.
Colour your own lures and discover what works on your waters eg; yellow was the colour of choice on one lake but 2miles up the road, same acidity, but different depths and more weed and yellow couldnt buy a hit, green was the best catcher by far.

I wobble deads but on one water Ive yet to catch my first fish on a Rudd, a bait which catches everywhere else I use it.

If only I could wobble . The club I belong to is carp mad and its considered spinning , which is banned , to prevent foul hooking of the carp , which the club bailiff has told me he's never ever heard of on our waters
Taffypiker
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Taffypiker »

bio-haul wrote: Wed Sep 08 2021 10:40 -
Forgot to add the Hi-Lo come in 150mm/40g, 110mm/26g. 90mm Jointed/20g & 80mm/18g
Do they do any smaller sizes , I am thinking 6cm etc

AGM do some nice hester lures in a small size
bio-haul
Roach
Roach

Post by bio-haul »

They did a 65mm/12g version until 2000.

These, now vintage, made from 1992-1995.

orye.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Taffypiker
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Taffypiker »

bio-haul wrote: Wed Sep 08 2021 14:51 -
They did a 65mm/12g version until 2000.

These, now vintage, made from 1992-1995.

orye.jpg
Very much like a baby pike
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Post by Steve Dennington »

Thankfully, firetiger is a marketing man's dream and also a very effective fish catcher on a lot of waters :thumbs:

Here's one I made recently in that pattern.
Oldskoolfool
Perch
Perch

Post by Oldskoolfool »

Beware for spinners I'm not sure all the micro details catches any more fish but loads of anglers! I seem to remember in Barrie Rickards book ob spinning the flume tank tests they did showed its the overall colour not detail you see.
Pikerd74
Perch
Perch

Post by Pikerd74 »

Steve Dennington wrote: Wed Sep 08 2021 23:51 -
Thankfully, firetiger is a marketing man's dream and also a very effective fish catcher on a lot of waters :thumbs:

That looks a fish catcher to me Steve. I have always done well on fire tiger lures, it’s usually the first colour I clip on!
Probably a confidence thing and my records show that it is my top catching pattern (data somewhat scewed by the amount of water time my FT baits get however)
Taffypiker
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Taffypiker »

If you can make these in two and a half inches and spinners of 6g and above you have a customer 😉
Taffypiker
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Taffypiker »

Pikerd74 wrote: Thu Sep 09 2021 10:17 -

That looks a fish catcher to me Steve. I have always done well on fire tiger lures, it’s usually the first colour I clip on!
Probably a confidence thing and my records show that it is my top catching pattern (data somewhat scewed by the amount of water time my FT baits get however)
Where I fish the main prey for pike and perch .....is perch ......not that many roach , dace etc about

So maybe firetigers possible resemblance to a small perch or even a small pike gets a lot of hits 🤔
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Post by Steve Dennington »

Taffypiker wrote: Fri Sep 10 2021 21:38 -
If you can make these in two and a half inches and spinners of 6g and above you have a customer 😉
A 13oz glidebait would be of no use to you then? :laughs: That's what I'm working on this weekend :grin:
Taffypiker
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Taffypiker »

Steve Dennington wrote: Fri Sep 10 2021 21:48 -
A 13oz glidebait would be of no use to you then? :laughs: That's what I'm working on this weekend :grin:
A bit out of my league !

But if you ever do get round to making lures of two and a half to 3 inches , same with spinners , in a firetiger pattern , drop me a line Pedro
Taffypiker
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Taffypiker »

Steve Dennington wrote: Fri Sep 10 2021 21:48 -
A bit out of my league !

But if you ever do get round to making lures of two and a half to 3 inches , same with spinners , in a firetiger pattern , drop me a line Pedro
Ratty46
Chub
Chub

Post by Ratty46 »

probably my fave pattern of all, so reliable, FIIIIIIRETIIIIGER :rock:
Taffypiker
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Taffypiker »

Where ?
fossil-fish
Perch
Perch

Post by fossil-fish »

Taffypiker wrote: Mon Oct 04 2021 20:11 -
Where ?
Seriously?. Since the 8th September when you first posted that you couldn't have spent 5 minutes on Google or went to a tackle shop. Very first place I thought to check was AGM who have 10g Hester spinners and various crank baits in fire tiger. Took about 30 seconds. No offence mate but you do post some utter s***e.
Michael Bruton
Monts
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Monts »

fossil-fish wrote: Tue Oct 05 2021 08:30 -
Where ?
Seriously?. Since the 8th September when you first posted that you couldn't have spent 5 minutes on Google or went to a tackle shop. Very first place I thought to check was AGM who have 10g Hester spinners and various crank baits in fire tiger. Took about 30 seconds. No offence mate but you do post some utter s***e.

:laughs:
If you wanna go fishing go fishing.- John Gierach
Taffypiker
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Taffypiker »

Where ?
What a miserable cnut you are
fossil-fish
Perch
Perch

Post by fossil-fish »

Taffypiker wrote: Wed Oct 06 2021 14:50 -
Where ?
Thank you for your opinion. Goes without saying that I value it little. You wait 4 weeks to question a genuine answer I gave to a query with a one word comment. Certainly not seeing myself as miserable at all, but as my attempts to answer your questions are so poorly received I will ignore them in future.
Michael Bruton
Taffypiker
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Taffypiker »

fossil-fish wrote: Thu Oct 07 2021 06:38 -
Where ?
Thank you for your opinion. Goes without saying that I value it little. You wait 4 weeks to question a genuine answer I gave to a query with a one word comment. Certainly not seeing myself as miserable at all, but as my attempts to answer your questions are so poorly received I will ignore them in future.
You are a miserable spooning idiot . You said that you didn't like using big spinners as they tended to pull back . I had no idea what you meant so wondered if you meant , as a relative novice to the game , that they were too big for small fish and caused damage to them ? You responded like a petulant child with loads of question marks and asked where did I say they damaged fish ??? as though I had shot your wee grannie. I had no idea why you went off on one but thought never mind . You then sarcastically added your view to a few of my other threads . If your attempt to answer my questions results in that sort of reaction then you can do what you say and not bother, I won't miss your sarcastic input and the tone of your last response which was saying my threads were s***e . You can get lost if that's the way you speak to people . If you have got anything else to say , say it to someone who is interested .
peteren
Barbel
Barbel

Post by peteren »

Taffypiker wrote: Thu Oct 07 2021 16:05 -
Where ?
You are a miserable spooning idiot . You said that you didn't like using big spinners as they tended to pull back . I had no idea what you meant so wondered if you meant , as a relative novice to the game , that they were too big for small fish and caused damage to them ? You responded like a petulant child with loads of question marks and asked where did I say they damaged fish ??? as though I had shot your wee grannie. I had no idea why you went off on one but thought never mind . You then sarcastically added your view to a few of my other threads . If your attempt to answer my questions results in that sort of reaction then you can do what you say and not bother, I won't miss your sarcastic input and the tone of your last response which was saying my threads were s***e . You can get lost if that's the way you speak to people . If you have got anything else to say , say it to someone who is interested .
Taffy,
I've welcomed your "newbie" questions - they freshen up the forum, and have started some interesting discussions. But I can understand frustration when wise folks here take some time to help and answer questions - but you seem to make no effort to follow up on their help yourself, but just ask again, as though their effort have been ignored. Trading abuse won't help...
Peter Newman
Taffypiker
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Taffypiker »

peteren wrote: Fri Oct 08 2021 17:46 -
Taffypiker wrote: Thu Oct 07 2021 16:05 -
Where ?
Taffy,
I've welcomed your "newbie" questions - they freshen up the forum, and have started some interesting discussions. But I can understand frustration when wise folks here take some time to help and answer questions - but you seem to make no effort to follow up on their help yourself, but just ask again, as though their effort have been ignored. Trading abuse won't help...
This is nothing to do with that . I was abused first .

It started when I asked what pulling back meant , I thought it was a spinner being too big for a small fish, causing it harm

The poster went off on one , I had no idea why

Then the poster added a couple of sarcastic comments finished off by saying I posted s***e

I am not having that

I appreciate your opinion however