Fox Dave Kelbrick Rods

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
MANO
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Fox Dave Kelbrick Rods

Post by MANO »

Anyone have any experience of this particular range?

A pal of mine is looking to get into Jerk baiting this season and I’ve found an unused ‘Sleuth’ and ‘Reflex’ for sale for a reasonable price. They’re both the mark 1 versions.

I wasn’t really using heavy lures back in 2007, so never had any experience with the Fox Jerk Bait rods of this era, but I managed to find some info on an Italian site saying these were the last ones to be made in Britain. Not sure this true.

Any info would be great
pikin
Perch
Perch

Re: Fox Dave Kelbrick Rods

Post by pikin »

In my opinion nice rods.
If the price is right grab them quick
Paul Ikin
Pikerd74
Perch
Perch

Post by Pikerd74 »

Hi Mano
I’ve got a hitman from DKs range from around the same time and it’s a nice little rod. It’s stood up to some abuse over the years had no issues with rings or reel seats (the reel seat issues with fox was on the cheaper models) the one handed pistol grip isn’t ideal for everyone but I quite like it…..for short session.
Pikerd74
Perch
Perch

Post by Pikerd74 »

MANO
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by MANO »

Pikerd74 wrote: Tue Sep 28 2021 12:47 -
:thumbs:
Iain Gillies
Perch
Perch

Post by Iain Gillies »

I had a Dave Kelbrick Hotrod as my first propper jerk baiting rod about 15 years or more ago. It was second hand then but really well made and finished with fancy cross weave whippings and fuji reel seat and rings. Caught some nice fish on it too until I got chance of a DL Prowler and upgraded. I keep thinking I should maybe get the big old jerkbaits out again to try.