Heavy lure set up pain

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
Rammer223
Roach
Roach

Heavy lure set up pain

Post by Rammer223 »

Out other day with heavy set up , another blank which made me think wish I’d taken light set up especially as throwing these heavy lures makes my shoulder arthritis jangle and not very enjoyable, now should add only been lure fishing about a year started with 2-10 gram westin and worked up in the weights , now I am sure if I’d have landed a twenty the discomfort would’ve been soon forgotten lol , so thinking moving the heavy set up on and upgrading the lighter set ups I have, would I be better of selling the tranx 301 and buying more bfs size ? Or what’s the smallest size set up the tranx can fish without been daft if that makes sense
Regards lee
Smoothound
Roach
Roach

Re: Heavy lure set up pain

Post by Smoothound »

I'm only commenting because I'm interested having just been given a load of Westin lures and a prototype rod that will probably chuck them but I need a reel of some sorts. Been looking at Tranx 300 but they are unobtanium in UK currently it appears so may press an old Abu 6500 into service but without level wind chucking lures will become a chore I would think?
Phil
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality...