Do Pike Learn To Avoid Lures?

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
Oldskoolfool
Perch
Perch

Re: Do Pike Learn To Avoid Lures?

Post by Oldskoolfool »

Stealth is under rated by many. The biggest feature on most waters is the margins ignore at your peril !!
Mark Phillips
Zander
Zander

Post by Mark Phillips »

Oldskoolfool wrote: Sun Mar 06 2022 10:45 -
Stealth is under rated by many. The biggest feature on most waters is the margins ignore at your peril !!
The great thing about lure fishing from the bank, is you fish the margin on every cast :wink: :grin:
Piking Plonker
Monts
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Monts »

Mark Phillips wrote: Sat Mar 12 2022 20:18 -
The great thing about lure fishing from the bank, is you fish the margin on every cast :wink: :grin:
A mate and I had a social day yesterday, every fish bar one hit the lure more or less from under your feet, shooting out like it had a cattle prod shot up its a**e. All gills flaring and angry, great fun.
If you wanna go fishing go fishing.- John Gierach
peteren
Barbel
Barbel

Post by peteren »

Monts wrote: Sun Mar 13 2022 15:08 -
A mate and I had a social day yesterday, every fish bar one hit the lure more or less from under your feet, shooting out like it had a cattle prod shot up its a**e. All gills flaring and angry, great fun.
Two of my season’s best, 18 and 16, have done that - clean underpants time!
Peter Newman
peteren
Barbel
Barbel

Post by peteren »

Should do Mark, but many rush to the edge and cast straight across first.
I always make parallel near bank casts first now.
Peter Newman
Monts
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Monts »

peteren wrote: Thu Mar 17 2022 10:23 -
Monts wrote: Sun Mar 13 2022 15:08 -
Two of my season’s best, 18 and 16, have done that - clean underpants time!
That's what for me it's all about, be it with a lure or fly. The visual aspect, I couldn't bait fish for Pike as it bores the s***e out of me.
If you wanna go fishing go fishing.- John Gierach
Roger5
Roach
Roach

Post by Roger5 »

Stealth, possibly the best tool in your armoury, I'm so stealthy I was washing my socks out in the margins one evening, next second I'm playing a ( luckily for me ) low double, wrecked my socks though, also had one take a catapult I was washing out, as Oldskool said, never ignore the margins, and don't dangle your bare feet in there either. Rog
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

like some carpers on my locals hammering pegs ln, radios blasting out , gangs of lads dicking about all night .....and they wonder why they dont catch anything and shouting across the venue to there mates ....stealth ninjas..
Mark Phillips
Zander
Zander

Post by Mark Phillips »

peteren wrote: Thu Mar 17 2022 10:27 -
Should do Mark, but many rush to the edge and cast straight across first.
I always make parallel near bank casts first now.
Yeah, spot on mate. I often do the same on rivers and drains... the margin is usually the best or only feature on some drains I fish with lures.
Piking Plonker