New net

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
Rammer223
Roach
Roach

New net

Post by Rammer223 »

Looking for another landing net roving folding job , now I already have fox rage street net but after longer handle , so I could get another the 3.7 mtr model should do job , but there’s couple things putting me off , one been unless I get the fox rage net perfectly vertical it can be difficult to open with one hand the second thing is db fishing video we’re his failed shattering , been looking online at 4 mtr Gunki steet but having never seen one in the flesh or even used any Gunki stuff not sure how they compare quality wise , any one any experience with
Thanks in advance lee
Should add had a Diawa one but it was 5.9mtr far too long for my requirements so moved it on , it seemed good quality though
Daniel
Barbel
Barbel

Re: New net

Post by Daniel »

The daiwa may be long, but it's by far and away the best long handle on the market, nothing comes close imo.
It's extra length may open up new swims for you?
Rammer223
Roach
Roach

Post by Rammer223 »

Went for Rapala in the end really nice quality, was worried about head size but plenty depth to the net , probably no good for monsters but as general perch/ average pike should be fine
Lee
sylvanillo
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by sylvanillo »

I have a Daiwa 5.9, perhaps the same, which is super helpful when fishing from a high bank and is very light.
The Gunki is a copy of it. I've bought it as a present for a friend, they're just the same.

But sometimes it's a bit difficult to handle the length as it tends to unfold entirely.

Could you tell me which model from Rapala you have chosen?
Rammer223
Roach
Roach

Post by Rammer223 »

Rapala Karbon Jetty Landing Net But only 3mtr one like said lovely little net
giantlureguy
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by giantlureguy »

sylvanillo wrote: Mon Mar 21 2022 20:31 -
I have a Daiwa 5.9, perhaps the same, which is super helpful when fishing from a high bank and is very light.
The Gunki is a copy of it. I've bought it as a present for a friend, they're just the same.

But sometimes it's a bit difficult to handle the length as it tends to unfold entirely.

Is this the one you are using?

https://todbermanor.co.uk/nets-handles/ ... 80973.html

What net heads are compatible with it? Cant seem to find much info about that.
Daniel
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Daniel »

giantlureguy wrote: Tue Mar 22 2022 16:35 -
sylvanillo wrote: Mon Mar 21 2022 20:31 -

Is this the one you are using?

https://todbermanor.co.uk/nets-handles/ ... 80973.html

What net heads are compatible with it? Cant seem to find much info about that.
I can't remember the measurement, but it's the UK standard size thread. I use several different net heads in mine from korum and fox.
sylvanillo
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by sylvanillo »

Yes it is the ISO
I purchased a French version which is the Japanese handle with the European thread.
It was coming as a set, with a PAFEX Flynet Anti-A – C50R head. It's a mesh net which dries quickly. (the one in the photo below)

When matching the single handle to net options on that site, it gives many options of various brands.

Paid the set +- €60, 5 years ago in Germany.

sylvanillo
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by sylvanillo »

Thank you for sharing the Rapala model name.

It looks like a very good option and is more compact when folded. A good one for predator fishing in those oxford's towpaths which are rarely high banks.
giantlureguy
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by giantlureguy »

Thanks for the info!