xorus patchinko 125 surface lure

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

xorus patchinko 125 surface lure

Post by stubbojo »

just purchased this lure for surface bass fishing as they where having the fry scattering all over the place
so hopefully i will have some off the top watch this space ....famous last words :thumbs:
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Re: xorus patchinko 125 surface lure

Post by Bob Watson »

Get the copies Stubbo, supposed to be just as good and a quarter of the price. Axia also do the shallow diving version of a very similar pattern.

I have a few of the canines, they work really well (action) but in my neck of the woods I haven't really had the opportunity to get amongst the Bass with them yet.
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

Bob Watson wrote: Tue May 17 2022 20:55 -
Get the copies Stubbo, supposed to be just as good and a quarter of the price. Axia also do the shallow diving version of a very similar pattern.

I have a few of the canines, they work really well (action) but in my neck of the woods I haven't really had the opportunity to get amongst the Bass with them yet.
yes just seen them 10 squid each , i paid 18 , but seen them elsewhere for 22 ......i am a bit wary of copies though bob ,can let you down :shrug:
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

stubbojo wrote: Tue May 17 2022 22:02 -
Bob Watson wrote: Tue May 17 2022 20:55 -

yes just seen them 10 squid each , i paid 18 , but seen them elsewhere for 22 ......i am a bit wary of copies though bob ,can let you down :shrug:
I honestly don't think these will be a problem, I've hooked them onto an anchor point and pulled harder than any fish will.

The shallow diver I mentioned is called the "search".
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

I use the originals for the same reasons as stubby.
Patchinkos are the one lure that will catch almost anything for me, and the first I use for dawn starts on the beach in high summer.
This is our time for Cuttlefish so I usually finish with a squid jig which has sometimes resulted in an unexpected bass.

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

wind howling like a banshee here at the moment ,so no surface fishing as of yet .....drove around trying to find a sheltered bay but nothing was right .....
MarkBerrisford
Chub
Chub

Post by MarkBerrisford »

Cast like bullets the pachinko’s, I’ve got a HTO 7-30g shore game and with 20lb braid they absolutely fly
Search MB Custom Lures on Facebook
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

MarkBerrisford wrote: Wed May 25 2022 18:57 -
Cast like bullets the pachinko’s, I’ve got a HTO 7-30g shore game and with 20lb braid they absolutely fly
Mine is a Shimmy Shore Game 30gm bought it for Bass but tend to use it for most light lure fishing, had a mid 20 pike on it last week while fishing the upstream Mepps intended for salmon. (always use a wire leader so I had no problems with a bite off). Use if with Avani 22lb Sea Bass.

Last edited by Mike J on Fri May 27 2022 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Sebas
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Sebas »

Never used patchis but done well on similar lures that cost far less.
Mmmmmmmm yes
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Sebas wrote: Fri May 27 2022 01:42 -
Never used patchis but done well on similar lures that cost far less.

Lures are designed to catch anglers first, anything else is secondary.

My best ever bass jig I made myself out of stainless table knives, just stick on eyes, a dab of blue felt tip and a single homemade assist hook. In the right conditions it was a fish a chuck.
Another good catcher I cast in a mould I fashioned in a block of hard wood.

stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

MarkBerrisford wrote: Wed May 25 2022 18:57 -
quite new with this lure .....but like you said they do cast really well further than i thought.......will be getting a few more in the bigger sizes :thumbs:
MarkBerrisford
Chub
Chub

Post by MarkBerrisford »

Yes they absolutely fly must be hitting a good 50/60 metres with them on the proper tackle, the savage gear gravity sticks are a must have from the shore the bass love em
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

MarkBerrisford wrote: Sun May 29 2022 21:19 -
Yes they absolutely fly must be hitting a good 50/60 metres with them on the proper tackle, the savage gear gravity sticks are a must have from the shore the bass love em

For years Ive used Senko's, once they get hold of them they never let go, infact they will swallow them if you don't tighten up.
Fished under a float alongside a quay or harbour wall on a rising tide its only a matter of time before they get snaffled. The only reason I don't do it in the summer is getting watched by the tourists.

Looked at the SG sticks on Gilby's webpage, isnt he brilliant :grin: designs a lure from nothing and goes out and catches with it immediately :laughs: .
:lol:

Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Post by Steve Dennington »

Bob Watson wrote: Tue May 17 2022 22:28 -
I honestly don't think these will be a problem, I've hooked them onto an anchor point and pulled harder than any fish will.

Always a good idea if you're going to fish the knock-offs :thumbs:

You don't get much in the way of quality control with those, which is to be expected at the price.
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

Steve Dennington wrote: Mon May 30 2022 13:22 -
Bob Watson wrote: Tue May 17 2022 22:28 -

Always a good idea if you're going to fish the knock-offs :thumbs:

You don't get much in the way of quality control with those, which is to be expected at the price.
To be fair Steve, they look well made and whilst I haven't actually compared them side by side with the "patch", it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they came from the same factory.

I've had a dabble with them on the boat for Bass (no luck as of yet) and they swim really well, the floating diver I mentioned also looks great in the water. Not sure I mentioned the brand name, it's Axia!!
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

MarkBerrisford wrote: Sun May 29 2022 21:19 -
just had a look at these mark , which do you recommend are they the paddle tails and what size would you recommend :thumbs:
MarkBerrisford
Chub
Chub

Post by MarkBerrisford »

I’ve used the 14cm paddle tails
Smoothound
Roach
Roach

Post by Smoothound »

I use both Xorus, Axia and other lures for my Bass fishing, good results on all, is one better than the other? I don't think so but I am biased as we distribute Axia but I really have no preference and I really doubt the fish care either! You will always have a favourite but as to the difference in build quality I've yet to actually have any lure itself fail, line and the guy on the end of the rod has happened though :hissy: :boing: :thumbs:
Phil
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality...
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

Smoothound wrote: Tue May 31 2022 20:18 -
I use both Xorus, Axia and other lures for my Bass fishing, good results on all, is one better than the other? I don't think so but I am biased as we distribute Axia but I really have no preference and I really doubt the fish care either! You will always have a favourite but as to the difference in build quality I've yet to actually have any lure itself fail, line and the guy on the end of the rod has happened though :hissy: :boing: :thumbs:
distribute some my way with some discount to a fellow piker...... :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:
Smoothound
Roach
Roach

Post by Smoothound »

stubbojo wrote: Tue May 31 2022 20:25 -
Smoothound wrote: Tue May 31 2022 20:18 -
distribute some my way with some discount to a fellow piker...... :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:
:boing:

Not at work currently but some are being discontinued I think but I'd have to check...
Phil
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality...
Smoothound
Roach
Roach

Post by Smoothound »

Axia Canines are discontinued so buy them if you can find them :thumbs:
Phil
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

Smoothound wrote: Wed Jun 01 2022 18:41 -
I think other/same versions are available :wink:
Smoothound
Roach
Roach

Post by Smoothound »

Bob Watson wrote: Wed Jun 01 2022 22:11 -
Smoothound wrote: Wed Jun 01 2022 18:41 -
I think other/same versions are available :wink:
Yes they are still in shops but ours are discontinued so what's out there is it :thumbs:
Phil
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Anyone think pike would be interested in a Patchinko style lure that was twice the size?

:grin:

Sebas
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Sebas »

Mike J wrote: Thu Jun 02 2022 06:31 -
Anyone think pike would be interested in a Patchinko style lure that was twice the size?

I use my Bass lures for Pike, and vice versa. X-rap is one of my best lures for both species.
Mmmmmmmm yes
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

Mike J wrote: Thu Jun 02 2022 06:31 -

would think so mike on the right day anything could happen with pike ........ :afraid: