Bait Wall

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
Steve Le maitre
Barbel
Barbel

Bait Wall

Post by Steve Le maitre »

Any of you out there got a bait wall ? for those that have you probably find it a tad better than storing in boxes alone. Firstly i find there are times when you're looking for a little inspiration and just seeing it hanging on a wall is all it takes, maybe a certain action is what you're looking for and there it is just hanging there ! You know how it is some baits sit idle for years but now you want to try it again but this time you've something a little different in mind for it this time.
Yep the eyes spot it because the brain has been working on things :idea: moment !
Good for those slightly left of field baits that seem to get buried and see little use. Mr Nagal might say this guy is only just dipping his toes :laughs: anyway whether you think this chap is dipping his toes, or up to his neck or maybe you think he hasn't even took his socks off yet ! Worth a watch, warning there are a lot of lure types that might not be our/ your cup of tea like the amount of Bucktails but it might give you a few storage ideas..... enjoy
Chico 48 PAC
Chub
Chub

Re: Bait Wall

Post by Chico 48 PAC »

No.
JOIN THE PAC- http://www.pacgb.co.uk/join.html
www.chicoslures.co.uk - if you use FC for pike then do not use me.
Mark_Houghton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark_Houghton »

Steve Le maitre wrote: Sun Mar 24 2024 09:18 -
Any of you out there got a bait wall ? for those that have you probably find it a tad better than storing in boxes alone. Firstly i find there are times when you're looking for a little inspiration and just seeing it hanging on a wall is all it takes, maybe a certain action is what you're looking for and there it is just hanging there ! You know how it is some baits sit idle for years but now you want to try it again but this time you've something a little different in mind for it this time.
Yep the eyes spot it because the brain has been working on things :idea: moment !
Good for those slightly left of field baits that seem to get buried and see little use. Mr Nagal might say this guy is only just dipping his toes :laughs: anyway whether you think this chap is dipping his toes, or up to his neck or maybe you think he hasn't even took his socks off yet ! Worth a watch, warning there are a lot of lure types that might not be our/ your cup of tea like the amount of Bucktails but it might give you a few storage ideas..... enjoy
Did have....all gone now though.....
IMG_3068.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve Le maitre
Barbel
Barbel

Why has it gone Mark ? Moved to another system or just needed the space/ room back ?
It's probably the most efficient method of storage space wise but care needs to be taken - certainly not the best place if you feel the need to trip over !
Steve Le maitre
Barbel
Barbel

Chico 48 PAC wrote: Sun Mar 24 2024 11:22 -
No.
Sticking with the 65 Flambeau Maximizers then Chico
Mark_Houghton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark_Houghton »

Steve Le maitre wrote: Sun Mar 24 2024 13:26 -
Why has it gone Mark ? Moved to another system or just needed the space/ room back ?
It's probably the most efficient method of storage space wise but care needs to be taken - certainly not the best place if you feel the need to trip over !
All the lure gear`s gone now Steve....too much back pain lure fishing so jacked it in....
Steve Le maitre
Barbel
Barbel

Mark_Houghton wrote: Sun Mar 24 2024 13:30 -
Steve Le maitre wrote: Sun Mar 24 2024 13:26 -
All the lure gear`s gone now Steve....too much back pain lure fishing so jacked it in....
Sad to hear that Mark
Danoutdoors
Chub
Chub

Post by Danoutdoors »

I like hanging stuff I don’t use much. Boxes of my go to stuff and hang it up incase something catches my eye before a trip🤷‍♂️ all part of the fun of lures.
Chico 48 PAC
Chub
Chub

Post by Chico 48 PAC »

Steve Le maitre wrote: Sun Mar 24 2024 13:29 -
Chico 48 PAC wrote: Sun Mar 24 2024 11:22 -
No.
Sticking with the 65 Flambeau Maximizers then Chico
No.
JOIN THE PAC- http://www.pacgb.co.uk/join.html
www.chicoslures.co.uk - if you use FC for pike then do not use me.
Jack H
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Jack H »

No, my lures are all kept it Plano/ really useful boxes. Does seem like a good idea, especially with larger lures.

Jack
Ian Crook
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Ian Crook »

Ady Hawes had a pretty impressive bait wall at his old house, an entire garage sidewall with reinforcing mesh attached and full of hanging lures!!
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

I don't have a lure wall. I have a rod wall. :dizzy:
Ian Crook
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Ian Crook »

davelumb wrote: Mon Mar 25 2024 10:02 -
Any you’re clearing about cheap?
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Ian Crook wrote: Mon Mar 25 2024 15:11 -
davelumb wrote: Mon Mar 25 2024 10:02 -
Any you’re clearing about cheap?
Not lure rods. Most of those are in various states of disrepair, rings having been 'borrowed' for other rods!
andrew_nagel
Zander
Zander

Post by andrew_nagel »

I have mine organised as a lure-rummage! Boxes and boxes and buckets and drawers full of the bloody things.
Mark Phillips
Zander
Zander

Post by Mark Phillips »

Cats and lures, no. I can't even imagine the vet's bill if one snags a paw on a treble. Mine are all living in a mass of Plano boxes, stored out of site in a cupboard, all very organised and neat.
Piking Plonker
Old Mate
Roach
Roach

Post by Old Mate »

I keep my lures in boxes that can be hidden away - rods are not so easy...