Bait Wall

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
Steve Le maitre
Barbel
Barbel

Bait Wall

Post by Steve Le maitre »

Any of you out there got a bait wall ? for those that have you probably find it a tad better than storing in boxes alone. Firstly i find there are times when you're looking for a little inspiration and just seeing it hanging on a wall is all it takes, maybe a certain action is what you're looking for and there it is just hanging there ! You know how it is some baits sit idle for years but now you want to try it again but this time you've something a little different in mind for it this time.
Yep the eyes spot it because the brain has been working on things :idea: moment !
Good for those slightly left of field baits that seem to get buried and see little use. Mr Nagal might say this guy is only just dipping his toes :laughs: anyway whether you think this chap is dipping his toes, or up to his neck or maybe you think he hasn't even took his socks off yet ! Worth a watch, warning there are a lot of lure types that might not be our/ your cup of tea like the amount of Bucktails but it might give you a few storage ideas..... enjoy
Chico 48 PAC
Chub
Chub

Re: Bait Wall

Post by Chico 48 PAC »

No.
JOIN THE PAC- http://www.pacgb.co.uk/join.html
www.chicoslures.co.uk - if you use FC for pike then do not use me.
Mark_Houghton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark_Houghton »

Steve Le maitre wrote: Sun Mar 24 2024 09:18 -
Any of you out there got a bait wall ? for those that have you probably find it a tad better than storing in boxes alone. Firstly i find there are times when you're looking for a little inspiration and just seeing it hanging on a wall is all it takes, maybe a certain action is what you're looking for and there it is just hanging there ! You know how it is some baits sit idle for years but now you want to try it again but this time you've something a little different in mind for it this time.
Yep the eyes spot it because the brain has been working on things :idea: moment !
Good for those slightly left of field baits that seem to get buried and see little use. Mr Nagal might say this guy is only just dipping his toes :laughs: anyway whether you think this chap is dipping his toes, or up to his neck or maybe you think he hasn't even took his socks off yet ! Worth a watch, warning there are a lot of lure types that might not be our/ your cup of tea like the amount of Bucktails but it might give you a few storage ideas..... enjoy
Did have....all gone now though.....
IMG_3068.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve Le maitre
Barbel
Barbel

Why has it gone Mark ? Moved to another system or just needed the space/ room back ?
It's probably the most efficient method of storage space wise but care needs to be taken - certainly not the best place if you feel the need to trip over !
Steve Le maitre
Barbel
Barbel

Chico 48 PAC wrote: Sun Mar 24 2024 11:22 -
No.
Sticking with the 65 Flambeau Maximizers then Chico
Mark_Houghton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark_Houghton »

Steve Le maitre wrote: Sun Mar 24 2024 13:26 -
Why has it gone Mark ? Moved to another system or just needed the space/ room back ?
It's probably the most efficient method of storage space wise but care needs to be taken - certainly not the best place if you feel the need to trip over !
All the lure gear`s gone now Steve....too much back pain lure fishing so jacked it in....
Steve Le maitre
Barbel
Barbel

Mark_Houghton wrote: Sun Mar 24 2024 13:30 -
Steve Le maitre wrote: Sun Mar 24 2024 13:26 -
All the lure gear`s gone now Steve....too much back pain lure fishing so jacked it in....
Sad to hear that Mark
Danoutdoors
Chub
Chub

Post by Danoutdoors »

I like hanging stuff I don’t use much. Boxes of my go to stuff and hang it up incase something catches my eye before a trip🤷‍♂️ all part of the fun of lures.
Chico 48 PAC
Chub
Chub

Post by Chico 48 PAC »

Steve Le maitre wrote: Sun Mar 24 2024 13:29 -
Chico 48 PAC wrote: Sun Mar 24 2024 11:22 -
No.
Sticking with the 65 Flambeau Maximizers then Chico
No.
JOIN THE PAC- http://www.pacgb.co.uk/join.html
www.chicoslures.co.uk - if you use FC for pike then do not use me.
Jack H
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Jack H »

No, my lures are all kept it Plano/ really useful boxes. Does seem like a good idea, especially with larger lures.

Jack
Ian Crook
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Ian Crook »

Ady Hawes had a pretty impressive bait wall at his old house, an entire garage sidewall with reinforcing mesh attached and full of hanging lures!!
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

I don't have a lure wall. I have a rod wall. :dizzy:
Ian Crook
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Ian Crook »

davelumb wrote: Mon Mar 25 2024 10:02 -
Any you’re clearing about cheap?
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Ian Crook wrote: Mon Mar 25 2024 15:11 -
davelumb wrote: Mon Mar 25 2024 10:02 -
Any you’re clearing about cheap?
Not lure rods. Most of those are in various states of disrepair, rings having been 'borrowed' for other rods!
andrew_nagel
Zander
Zander

Post by andrew_nagel »

I have mine organised as a lure-rummage! Boxes and boxes and buckets and drawers full of the bloody things.
Mark Phillips
Zander
Zander

Post by Mark Phillips »

Cats and lures, no. I can't even imagine the vet's bill if one snags a paw on a treble. Mine are all living in a mass of Plano boxes, stored out of site in a cupboard, all very organised and neat.
Piking Plonker
Old Mate
Roach
Roach

Post by Old Mate »

I keep my lures in boxes that can be hidden away - rods are not so easy...
Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jimk2 »

I’ve done a lot of lure fishing in the past and during Covid collected some nice custom lures, prices were going mad at the time.
I’m mostly dead baiting now and not lure fishing much at all. Here’s the surviving bait wall as it is at the minute, I’ve got boxes and boxes of lures too.

IMG_4946.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.