Know your boat

For all anglers who like to go afloat to catch their fish
Crackoff
Brigadier
Brigadier

Know your boat

Postby Crackoff » Mon Nov 27 2017 23:38

Last edited by Crackoff on Mon Nov 27 2017 23:44, edited 1 time in total.
Grant Everson

You have to-be able to laugh at yourself before you can laugh at someone els ;-)

It’s easy to find fault. That's why theirs so many critics

I know a lot about a bit of stuff and a bit about a lot of stuff

Andrew Croft
Bailiff
Bailiff

Re: Know your boat

Postby Andrew Croft » Mon Nov 27 2017 23:41

Neat
Let me ask you one question. Is your money that good. Will it buy you forgiveness. Do you think that it could. I think you will find When your death takes its toll All the money you made Will never buy back your soul.

nigel savage
Major
Major

Postby nigel savage » Tue Nov 28 2017 10:32

Can't fault that.

Edward.P.A.C
Colonel
Colonel
Location: "Great???" Yarmouth..............A truly scary place

Postby Edward.P.A.C » Tue Nov 28 2017 14:43

Crackoff wrote:
:eek: wow!!! sooooo glad you posted that Granny.

I know all I need to know now............ :roll: :laughs: :laughs:
“The only way to avoid pîssîng people off is to do nothing important.” — Oliver Emberton

Crackoff
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby Crackoff » Tue Nov 28 2017 22:31

It's for the lads that may not know a lot and are thinking of getting a boat :wink:

Grant :smile:
Grant Everson

You have to-be able to laugh at yourself before you can laugh at someone els ;-)

It’s easy to find fault. That's why theirs so many critics

I know a lot about a bit of stuff and a bit about a lot of stuff

Mappie
Private
Private

Postby Mappie » Wed Nov 29 2017 22:13

informative, now my vocabulary is extended and i know words i cant translate to my native tongue.

i like how the video starts with terms all boat users "should" know.
i don't know my starboard from the other one.

kids in this country are allowed to operate a boat from the age of 12 if it doesn't excel the speed of 8mph
or has more then 10HP and is under 23feet. sail boats have no age restriction only size.

adults don't need a license for anything under 10hp 50feet and 12mph
no lights needed if its not dark. no extinguisher. life vest not needed(dumb).

any numpty like me can have a boat and do what ever where ever.
love how lenient this place is when it comes to boating rules and regulations.

my home town canals in summer when i don't fish for pike .......

Jack Russel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Jack Russel » Mon Dec 04 2017 17:19

Mappie wrote:
informative, now my vocabulary is extended and i know words i cant translate to my native tongue.

kids in this country are allowed to operate a boat from the age of 12 if it doesn't excel the speed of 8mph
or has more then 10HP and is under 23feet. sail boats have no age restriction only size.

[/quot
Looks like Windermere on a sunny summer afternoon.....
The world's full of smart phones and stupid people.

Ian Crook
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Ian Crook » Tue Dec 05 2017 08:39

Mappie wrote:

I will never understand the rule in Holland that you must have lifejackets onboard for everyone in the boat but you don’t have to wear them??

Kev Berry
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby Kev Berry » Tue Dec 05 2017 09:58

Mappie wrote:

be a bit hard getting up on the plane there :laughs:
"I am proclaimed the font of all knowledge"---according to Dumb and Dumber

mickmcd
Major
Major

Postby mickmcd » Tue Dec 05 2017 10:44

Sidelights???

It isn't an Austin Allegro, I think the lady means Navigation Lights!!!!

Edward.P.A.C
Colonel
Colonel
Location: "Great???" Yarmouth..............A truly scary place

Postby Edward.P.A.C » Tue Dec 05 2017 11:12

cant be..............I dont see any wake boarders :mad:
“The only way to avoid pîssîng people off is to do nothing important.” — Oliver Emberton

Mappie
Private
Private

Postby Mappie » Wed Dec 06 2017 19:02

Ian Crook wrote:
Mappie wrote:

I will never understand the rule in Holland that you must have lifejackets onboard for everyone in the boat but you don’t have to wear them??

You dont need any form of floatation on what we describe as slow boats. Licensed crafts have more rules of wich im not to well known. All I know is if I get on my buddies 25hp zodiac ribb. I wear a jacket and hold on with my dear life.

Ian Crook
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Ian Crook » Wed Dec 06 2017 20:38

Mappie wrote:
Ian Crook wrote:
Mappie wrote:

You dont need any form of floatation on what we describe as slow boats. Licensed crafts have more rules of wich im not to well known. All I know is if I get on my buddies 25hp zodiac ribb. I wear a jacket and hold on with my dear life.
I’ve fished quite a lot on Hollands Diep/Haringvliet, been check by the police 3 times and every time they checked that we either wore life jackets or at least had them on board.

Mappie
Private
Private

Postby Mappie » Wed Dec 06 2017 21:31

Ian Crook wrote:
Mappie wrote:
Ian Crook wrote:
Mappie wrote:

I’ve fished quite a lot on Hollands Diep/Haringvliet, been check by the police 3 times and every time they checked that we either wore life jackets or at least had them on board.
Yeah thats a big water I recon your engine was over 10hp. Thus not conciderd a slow boat but a craft that needs a boating license and diffrent rules apply to them. Youll need the full lot on anything over 10hp or a certain speed

Ian Crook
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Ian Crook » Wed Dec 06 2017 22:23

Mappie wrote:
Ian Crook wrote:
Mappie wrote:
Ian Crook wrote:
Mappie wrote:

Yeah thats a big water I recon your engine was over 10hp. Thus not conciderd a slow boat but a craft that needs a boating license and diffrent rules apply to them. Youll need the full lot on anything over 10hp or a certain speed
Yes, you’re right

Mappie
Private
Private

Postby Mappie » Thu Dec 07 2017 21:33

Ian Crook wrote:
Mappie wrote:
Ian Crook wrote:
Mappie wrote:
Ian Crook wrote:
Mappie wrote:

Yes, you’re right
cracking bit of water that is tho mate. sad state of affair as of late few years. my boat's and boating skills ain't got nothing for the likes of that size, so i don't fish it even tho its really close by. why i said sad state of affairs is that our government has given a no catch limit permission to fish for a commercial food fishing / export company. the bream get slung of to fishing clubs across Europe to be "stockies" apparently. the rest gets smoked into kippers. pike, zander, perch, bream, carp. and even tho i don't fish it its of great concern to the rest of holland cause once that water gets depleted, and it will at this rate. itle mean fish stocks will dwindle on the connected rivers and the cormorants will leave and go even further inland, just to name 2 side effects. been a few lawsuits and they got favored towards the company "KLOP". numpties, numpties every where.

Ian Crook
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Ian Crook » Thu Dec 07 2017 23:45

Mappie wrote:
Ian Crook wrote:
Mappie wrote:
Ian Crook wrote:
Mappie wrote:
Ian Crook wrote:
Mappie wrote:

Yes, you’re right
cracking bit of water that is tho mate. sad state of affair as of late few years. my boat's and boating skills ain't got nothing for the likes of that size, so i don't fish it even tho its really close by. why i said sad state of affairs is that our government has given a no catch limit permission to fish for a commercial food fishing / export company. the bream get slung of to fishing clubs across Europe to be "stockies" apparently. the rest gets smoked into kippers. pike, zander, perch, bream, carp. and even tho i don't fish it its of great concern to the rest of holland cause once that water gets depleted, and it will at this rate. itle mean fish stocks will dwindle on the connected rivers and the cormorants will leave and go even further inland, just to name 2 side effects. been a few lawsuits and they got favored towards the company "KLOP". numpties, numpties every where.

Ah Klop, the same family in the government who issue the commercial licences! I have seen the commercial Anglers so many times and they really do completely empty areas! Most of the small fish are ground up for fish meal.

piker al
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby piker al » Sat Dec 09 2017 20:37

Ian Crook wrote:
Mappie wrote:
Ian Crook wrote:
Mappie wrote:
Ian Crook wrote:
Mappie wrote:
Ian Crook wrote:
Mappie wrote:

Yes, you’re right

Ah Klop, the same family in the government who issue the commercial licences! I have seen the commercial Anglers so many times and they really do completely empty areas! Most of the small fish are ground up for fish meal.
There must be numptys in every country,here in Scotland the snp and Nicole sturgeon has let the salmon farms run away and the Wild stocks of salmon have dropped by over 70% because of parasites caught of the farmed salmon,there answer is to limit rod and line fishing for salmon,obviously they make more of the farmed Fish,

Return to “Boat Fishing Forum”