Zander
Zander

New to me Fishing Motor

Post by Crackoff » Sun Jul 07 2019 23:26

3lt turbo petrol with 4x4 mode, LPG converted and all the toys :thumbs:

Just removing some of the seats for you know what :wink:
fullsizeoutput_6f4.jpeg

Grant :smile:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grant Everson

What people say there going todo and what they actually do is two completely different things :wink:

I know a lot about a bit of stuff and a bit about a lot of stuff :wink:

I upset some guys because I tell it as it is :wink:

Nutter20
Roach
Roach

Re: New to me Fishing Motor

Post by Nutter20 » Mon Jul 08 2019 05:24

Grant will be very friendly with the man at fuel station 3lt gas gussler lpg is not that cheap really

Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff » Tue Jul 09 2019 01:43

Nutter20 wrote:
Grant will be very friendly with the man at fuel station 3lt gas gussler lpg is not that cheap really
Mmmmmmmm 34p a litre over hear :thumbs:

And I have a saying if I can't afford to run it I don't buy it :wink:

Cheers

Grant Everson

What people say there going todo and what they actually do is two completely different things :wink:

Ben
Father of the Forum
Father of the Forum

Post by Ben » Wed Jul 10 2019 17:34

Problem with LPG and why it’ll no longer be used as a fuel for vehicles very soon is that the MPG is about half what you get on Petrol, real world saving is about 5p per mile. Plus there are hardly any garages that sell it.

Not sure where you’re buying your LPG from Grant but my Dad was paying 60p a litre 5yrs ago, it’s currently 70p at the only place near me that sells it.
If you enjoy the forum and would like to contribute towards the running costs please click here to send a donation via PayPal or here to buy some Pit merchandise - thank you

Ben
Father of the Forum
Father of the Forum

Post by Ben » Wed Jul 10 2019 17:36

Yikes according to Google it does 21 to the gallon!!

What was wrong with the other one you got??

Are you treating your good lady to 4 inches of foam in this one? 😊
If you enjoy the forum and would like to contribute towards the running costs please click here to send a donation via PayPal or here to buy some Pit merchandise - thank you

Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff » Fri Jul 12 2019 01:02

Ben wrote:
Problem with LPG and why it’ll no longer be used as a fuel for vehicles very soon is that the MPG is about half what you get on Petrol, real world saving is about 5p per mile. Plus there are hardly any garages that sell it.

Not sure where you’re buying your LPG from Grant but my Dad was paying 60p a litre 5yrs ago, it’s currently 70p at the only place near me that sells it.
You don't half come out with some waffle Ben mate :laughs: 70p in Preston :eek: Morrisons sell it over hear at just over 50p :wink:

My mate has a propane tank to cook and heat his home and I get it off him he's going to do it at 30p for me and it has a a system where I can fill big propane bottles and trasfaire it from them to the car if I go on a long run :thumbs: it's just been checked out safety wise for the insurance :thumbs:

You need to do more research on LPG stations there all over the country.

And pulling it down saying the only saving is about 5p a mile is utter rubbish mate.

Oh by the way I don't try and pull you down on how much you have spent on buying your transporter converting the inside and having that tarty face lift to the front of it and have you converted them barn doors to an up end over door yet :laughs: Oh and why have a cooker in yours if your not going to cook in it :confused: :boing: :boing: :laughs: and has the gear box thrown a shaft yet :wink:

You want to get off that weed because some times you can be a right patronising tosser Ben lad :clown:

Grant Everson

Nobby C
Chub
Chub

Post by Nobby C » Fri Jul 12 2019 07:26

:boing:

Ben
Father of the Forum
Father of the Forum

Post by Ben » Fri Jul 12 2019 08:18

Oh Granny you do live in a very weird and factually incorrect world.

I hope you’re very happy with the vehicle and you convert it to your usual standard.

Mike J
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mike J » Fri Jul 12 2019 08:39

Crackoff wrote:
Nutter20 wrote:
Mmmmmmmm 34p a litre over hear :thumbs:

And I have a saying if I can't afford to run it I don't buy it :wink:

Cheers

I have a saying... Buy it first and afford it later :thumbs:

My life's too short to worry about saving a few bob in fuel costs, apart from when Im looking for the cheapest gas station!

BillCollins
Zander
Zander

Post by BillCollins » Fri Jul 12 2019 09:10

We must have the things we want. :rtfm:
We will be dead for a long time, the price of this or that won't matter then. :thumbs:

Will Smith
Chub
Chub

Post by Will Smith » Fri Jul 12 2019 20:08

BillCollins wrote:
We must have the things we want. :rtfm:
We will be dead for a long time, the price of this or that won't matter then. :thumbs:
Well said that man :thumbs: .
You have to be good to yourself :wink: .

Will.

Stewlaws
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Stewlaws » Sat Jul 13 2019 09:01

Unless your doing huge mileage mpg isn't all that different between low 20's and 30's... My discovery is far from economic but it's like an armchair to drive. I'm sure you will be happy with it Grant, 😉

Graham Benyon
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Graham Benyon » Sat Jul 13 2019 18:29

Grant`s never happy :whatever:

Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff » Sun Jul 14 2019 00:12

Ben how much in total have you spent on the purchase of your transporter converting the inside and having that tarty face lift to the front of it :question:

I don't wish to know how much you paid for the van because I know they can be expensive just how much in total so far :question:

Grant Everson

Daniel
Chub
Chub

Post by Daniel » Sun Jul 14 2019 11:24

Hope it serves you well Grant, I do have a question though.

Are you only showing us the back door because someone's done a terrible job of fitting the others? :wink: :laughs:

Ben
Father of the Forum
Father of the Forum

Post by Ben » Sun Jul 14 2019 17:33

Crackoff wrote:
Ben how much in total have you spent on the purchase of your transporter converting the inside and having that tarty face lift to the front of it :question:

I don't wish to know how much you paid for the van because I know they can be expensive just how much in total so far :question:

£2500 mate, which has all been added to the value of the van, I won’t lose a dime. Of course I’ve used my eBay skills to wheel and deal a bit to keep the costs down, for example my bed system including leather cushions with luxurious five inch foam stands me at 50 notes. My freshly powder coated Land Rover Discovery 19 inch wheel stand me at less than a ton.

How much have you spent changing your vehicles in the last 5-7 years Granny? I recall you having a Rangey, then a Suzuki something or other, than that Toyota import which lasted about 6 months and now you’ve got this LPG mobile.

Bit like Karl said with your boats, you could’ve bought a Marcraft with all the money you’ve spent, same with vehicles, you could’ve got a T5 4motion and been done with it, I know you were looking at them.

Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff » Mon Jul 15 2019 01:30

Ben wrote:
Crackoff wrote:

£2500 mate, which has all been added to the value of the van, I won’t lose a dime. Of course I’ve used my eBay skills to wheel and deal a bit to keep the costs down, for example my bed system including leather cushions with luxurious five inch foam stands me at 50 notes. My freshly powder coated Land Rover Discovery 19 inch wheel stand me at less than a ton.

How much have you spent changing your vehicles in the last 5-7 years Granny? I recall you having a Rangey, then a Suzuki something or other, than that Toyota import which lasted about 6 months and now you’ve got this LPG mobile.

Bit like Karl said with your boats, you could’ve bought a Marcraft with all the money you’ve spent, same with vehicles, you could’ve got a T5 4motion and been done with it, I know you were looking at them.
That's good Ben lad :thumbs: Strange thou as you told me that the conversion with that company (I cannot remember the name) rinse you of thousands and you where saving up to finish it and some times you where max't out :confused:
Some things just don't add up lad :scratch:

Yes the Rangey P38 was a bag of poo except for the engine but hay ho we live and learn. :laughs:

The Suzuki Grand Vitara as recommended by Bill Collins was brill for about 8 years maybe more, but the engine management system started to act up :eek: I cannot remember what I paid for it and I cannot be arsd checking it :wink: It's gone now :cry:

The Toyota import was bought last year to run along side the Suzuki in the summer not to replace it, so the boss and I could go away for weekends in the summer, Edinburgh festival, Lakes, County shows things like that :smile: It was bought for £600 and I sold it this year for £600 as you well know (still watching me on eBay are you :wink:)

And why the flipping heck bring Spud (Karl) into this I will never know :confused:

As you well know I like working on boats it helps me with the little problem I have (the long standing members on hear know what I mean as do you) alright the finish may not be as professional as you would like, but every one that has had a boat from me has took me on my word and has been happy with them, some I have made a bit, some I have lost a bit but it evened out over the years.

Grant Everson

Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff » Mon Jul 15 2019 01:47

Graham Benyon wrote:
Oh I am happy Graham :smile:

In fact I get up every morning in a good mood it's just some :clown: :joker: like you that try to put me in a bad mood :laughs:

Funny how you asked me to help you with your boat but you want every one to do it for you :wink:

Get up off your backside and learn as I did :wink:

See you at the next meeting buddy I cannot wate :thumbs:

Grant Everson

Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff » Mon Jul 15 2019 01:52

Daniel wrote:
Hope it serves you well Grant, I do have a question though.

Are you only showing us the back door because someone's done a terrible job of fitting the others? :wink: :laughs:
I'm a bit :confused: hear Daniel bud :question: :question: :question:

Door oh I get it now :laughs: thats an old one :wink: did someone tell you to say that or did you think of it yourself :scratch: :laughs: :rasp:

Grant Everson

Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton » Tue Jul 16 2019 10:17

Hahahaha.

I've been on holiday and missed this place!

(Nice lil read that face)

GAVIN H
Barbel
Barbel

Post by GAVIN H » Tue Jul 16 2019 21:41

Listen Grant, your part of the furniture on this forum and you gave me advice years ago ( remember the seastrike 18) your a top man Grant , dont let the barstewards gring you down! :thumbs:

Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff » Tue Jul 16 2019 22:09

Dave Horton wrote:
Hahahaha.

I've been on holiday and missed this place!

(Nice lil read that face)
Aha I wonder where you had been :wave: :laughs:

Grant missed you face :smile:
Grant Everson

Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff » Tue Jul 16 2019 22:11

GAVIN H wrote:
Listen Grant, your part of the furniture on this forum and you gave me advice years ago ( remember the seastrike 18) your a top man Grant , dont let the barstewards gring you down! :thumbs:
:thumbs: Cheers Gavin :smile:

Grant Everson

Graham Benyon
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Graham Benyon » Tue Jul 16 2019 22:53

Crackoff wrote:
Graham Benyon wrote:

In fact I get up every morning in a good mood it's just some :clown: :joker: like you that try to put me in a bad mood :laughs:

Funny how you asked me to help you with your boat but you want every one to do it for you :wink:

See you at the next meeting buddy I cannot wate :thumbs:

Grant, I apologise for my sarcastic sense of humour. :veryevil: Boat is finished Grant. Just sorting out the push start but everything else is done :smile: I did some of the things you pointed out so thank you. You will be most welcome at my meetings Grant as you well know, now calm down :pipe:

Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff » Wed Jul 17 2019 00:59

Graham Benyon wrote:
Crackoff wrote:
Graham Benyon wrote:

See you at the next meeting buddy I cannot wate

Grant, I apologise for my sarcastic sense of humour. :veryevil: Boat is finished Grant. Just sorting out the push start but everything else is done :smile: I did some of the things you pointed out so thank you. You will be most welcome at my meetings Grant as you well know, now calm down :pipe:
Apology accepted :thumbs: I am calm buddy :wink: see you there :smile:

Grant Everson

Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff » Wed Jul 17 2019 22:12

Well that was a windup and a half :thumbs: Have you recovered yet Ben :laughs:

Right joking aside.

I always do the pros and cons of buying any car, van or boat.

I did look at getting a Transporter Ben but all that I saw where thrashed to death (jobbers, builders or tradesmen) and a lot didn't have the up and over rear door and the good ones where well over my price range.

And I had heard that some of the fore-motion once's had, had problems with the gearboxes :scratch: then I would of had to spend a lode of dosh on insulation, lining out to take the lining carpet where needed, side windows, curtains, electrics for lights and maybe a good sound system :question:

All the Toyota imported people carriers are insulated have windows all-round, sliding side doors (this one with power closing sides) and up and over rear door, this one is auto and has a 4x4 system (press a button and its in 4x4) plus alloys. And lights all over the shop. As you know I don't do off road its for gravel slips or if there's ice about (even then I carry a bucket of road salt in the winter because if theres sheet ice about it don't matter if you have 4x4 or not)

I bought it of a mate of mine that lives near you by the way (Bamber Bridge) and he did all the conversions or had them done (LPG) and the computer system he put in with a 12 inch monitor in the rear is just beyond me but put a memory stick in it and I can watch all my mucky videos :laughs: and it has a curtain track all-round (that reminds me I must ask him if he still has the curtains) so it was a no brainer for me :wink:

I'm not going to fit a folding bed in this one but just remove the middle seats fit 2 boxes and have lats for each of the 1" lengths of mattresses (I like it hard) :laughs: same as this from Bumble Camper Vans
image10_22_orig.jpeg
image6_22_orig.jpeg
image11_22_orig.jpeg
The box I had in the older green import with the cooler box and boxes with the gas bottle at the side fits in the rear which just lifts out. Then I just undo the retaining straps from the 2 boxes and they lift out. It will be a bit more messing about at night but hayho rustic cheep and cheerful :wink:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grant Everson

Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff » Wed Jul 17 2019 22:22

As you remember this is the rear box/compartment thingy from the old import
fullsizeoutput_65a.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_658.jpeg
Same as this one.
image4_24_orig.jpeg

Grant Everson

Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff » Fri Jul 19 2019 22:54

I'm thinking of changing my motor again for this :wink:

fullsizeoutput_67f.jpeg

:laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

Grant :wink:
Grant Everson

Al Brown 2
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by Al Brown 2 » Fri Jul 19 2019 23:10

Like the new motor idea !! On the lpg I had a Range Rover classic 3.9 v8 for over 5 years it did 13 to 15 mpg on petrol and 12 to14 on lpg but at less than half the price, would swap back from my diesel discovery tomorrow even though it does around 30 mpg with boat on back and all the gear in it.

Edward.P.A.C
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Edward.P.A.C » Sat Jul 20 2019 07:09

Al Brown 2 wrote:
Like the new motor idea !! On the lpg I had a Range Rover classic 3.9 v8 for over 5 years it did 13 to 15 mpg on petrol and 12 to14 on lpg but at less than half the price, would swap back from my diesel discovery tomorrow even though it does around 30 mpg with boat on back and all the gear in it.
I just traded my old 2.7 disco for a new(er) TDV8 RR, towing a ton and a half of boat I only ever got 22mpg from the Disco, and 24-5mpg motorway milage. The RR will happily do 33mpg on a run without the boat and a quite satisfying 29mpg around town.

I haven't had the boat on the back on a long run yet, but I think it should manage around 27ish which Ill be more than happy with. I used to run a 5.7V8 Jeep, until right after the my first trip to windy with the tub on back...............£400+ petrol tab for a round trip soon ended that love affair.. :afraid: :laughs: