“The First Big Pond Troll”

For all anglers who like to go afloat to catch their fish
Steve Le maitre
Perch
Perch
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Mar 13 2015 20:28

“The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Steve Le maitre » Sun Sep 08 2019 20:06

For a few years I’ve had this idea that combines a fun get together with a good day (or two!) trolling lures. Heaven !
I have passed the idea on to Ben and he is very happy to support this, though unfortunately Ben can’t make it, but assures me a good few madun’s will be up for it :geek:
What about a date ? That’s best mulled over here first to gauge both the interest and some ideas, with hopefully a date then set for sometime in October.
It’s meant as a fun day so if you’ve the boat you could offer a place up, two in a boat would offer the chance for someone to get out who otherwise can’t.
Most people will have a boat partner in mind already but it’s just an idea and welcome any more ideas. I’m hoping to give a few things out, just a memento of the day.
The plan would be to meet at Strawberry Gardens. Fire away :guns:

User avatar
Edward.P.A.C
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 4825
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: "Great???" Yarmouth..............A truly scary place

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Edward.P.A.C » Sun Sep 08 2019 20:12

Steve Le maitre wrote:
For a few years I’ve had this idea that combines a fun get together with a good day (or two!) trolling lures. Heaven !
I have passed the idea on to Ben and he is very happy to support this, though unfortunately Ben can’t make it, but assures me a good few madun’s will be up for it :geek:
What about a date ? That’s best mulled over here first to gauge both the interest and some ideas, with hopefully a date then set for sometime in October.
It’s meant as a fun day so if you’ve the boat you could offer a place up, two in a boat would offer the chance for someone to get out who otherwise can’t.
Most people will have a boat partner in mind already but it’s just an idea and welcome any more ideas. I’m hoping to give a few things out, just a memento of the day.
The plan would be to meet at Strawberry Gardens. Fire away :guns:
Sounds like a damn good plan to me Steve.

Oct is a funny month for me due to other plans :wink: . But I was already intending to come up and do the auction day with Steve Sault (Ive yet to see if hes free) as Im not going to be able to get up there again till late Nov otherwise.
“The only way to avoid pîssîng people off is to do nothing important.” — Oliver Emberton

User avatar
Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 4217
Joined: Fri Sep 09 2011 05:00
Location: Sunderland
Contact:

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Jimk2 » Mon Sep 09 2019 08:35

Is your set up (same as my set up) good for this place in winter Steve?

I havent fished this water since my wilso flyer days, Not for 6 years I think.

Danoutdoors
Jack Pike
Jack Pike
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Mar 26 2016 09:40

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Danoutdoors » Mon Sep 09 2019 09:39

Keen if dates work, great idea 💡👍🐊

Will Smith
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1916
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Snods Edge, Northumberland

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Will Smith » Mon Sep 09 2019 15:15

I would be up for it Steve however, much the same as Dan the dates would have to work, the first two weeks would be 'difficult' for me due to prior commitments.
Good luck regardless, hope you can manage to arrange something, it has to be a good 12 years or more since I organised a fish-in on 'an-other' Lake in that area.

Will.

Steve Le maitre
Perch
Perch
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Mar 13 2015 20:28

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Steve Le maitre » Mon Sep 09 2019 19:03

Jimk2 wrote:
Is your set up (same as my set up) good for this place in winter Steve?

I havent fished this water since my wilso flyer days, Not for 6 years I think.
Winter ! October is barely into autumn :tongues: open boat so if it rains it rains, besides if it floats it’ll do :laughs:

User avatar
Edward.P.A.C
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 4825
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: "Great???" Yarmouth..............A truly scary place

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Edward.P.A.C » Mon Sep 09 2019 19:25

Steve Le maitre wrote:
Jimk2 wrote:
Is your set up (same as my set up) good for this place in winter Steve?

I havent fished this water since my wilso flyer days, Not for 6 years I think.
Winter ! October is barely into autumn :tongues: open boat so if it rains it rains, besides if it floats it’ll do :laughs:
what the buggery would you know about fishing in the rain................ :suspect:

if there's even the slightest chance of a drizzle you don't venture out......... well thats what granny says anyway :laughs:
“The only way to avoid pîssîng people off is to do nothing important.” — Oliver Emberton

User avatar
Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 4217
Joined: Fri Sep 09 2011 05:00
Location: Sunderland
Contact:

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Jimk2 » Mon Sep 09 2019 19:35

Steve Le maitre wrote:
Jimk2 wrote:
Is your set up (same as my set up) good for this place in winter Steve?

I havent fished this water since my wilso flyer days, Not for 6 years I think.
Winter ! October is barely into autumn :tongues: open boat so if it rains it rains, besides if it floats it’ll do :laughs:
I was on about when the weather gets up as in winter, waves and wind.

Steve Le maitre
Perch
Perch
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Mar 13 2015 20:28

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Steve Le maitre » Mon Sep 09 2019 19:41

Edward.P.A.C wrote:
Steve Le maitre wrote:
Jimk2 wrote:
Is your set up (same as my set up) good for this place in winter Steve?

I havent fished this water since my wilso flyer days, Not for 6 years I think.
Winter ! October is barely into autumn :tongues: open boat so if it rains it rains, besides if it floats it’ll do :laughs:
what the buggery would you know about fishing in the rain................ :suspect:

if there's even the slightest chance of a drizzle you don't venture out......... well thats what granny says anyway :laughs:
Um yes, but towing in the rain is much worse, gets the boat dirty :cool: Please don’t, Granny will be along in a minute to tell us all the legal implications and lake rules :argue: !!! Anyway Grant is fishing with you, well that’s what he says :laughs:

Steve Le maitre
Perch
Perch
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Mar 13 2015 20:28

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Steve Le maitre » Mon Sep 09 2019 19:47

Bear in mind we have the clock change the weekend 26-27th October, 1 hour less for Grant to admire lady joggers.

User avatar
Edward.P.A.C
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 4825
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: "Great???" Yarmouth..............A truly scary place

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Edward.P.A.C » Mon Sep 09 2019 19:49

Steve Le maitre wrote:
Edward.P.A.C wrote:
Steve Le maitre wrote:
Jimk2 wrote:
Is your set up (same as my set up) good for this place in winter Steve?

I havent fished this water since my wilso flyer days, Not for 6 years I think.
Winter ! October is barely into autumn :tongues: open boat so if it rains it rains, besides if it floats it’ll do :laughs:
what the buggery would you know about fishing in the rain................ :suspect:

if there's even the slightest chance of a drizzle you don't venture out......... well thats what granny says anyway :laughs:
Um yes, but towing in the rain is much worse, gets the boat dirty :cool: Please don’t, Granny will be along in a minute to tell us all the legal implications and lake rules :argue: !!! Anyway Grant is fishing with you, well that’s what he says :laughs:
Not a chance !!! I've spent time afloat with that old coot :cry: . NEVER AGAIN...!!!

The old fucker can't help but open everything and check all your bits and bobs...nosey old b'stard!! :roll:
“The only way to avoid pîssîng people off is to do nothing important.” — Oliver Emberton

User avatar
Edward.P.A.C
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 4825
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: "Great???" Yarmouth..............A truly scary place

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Edward.P.A.C » Mon Sep 09 2019 19:50

Steve Le maitre wrote:
Bear in mind we have the clock change the weekend 26-27th October, 1 hour less for Grant to admire lady joggers.
dont see many joggers on the lake Steve........ :scratch:

or are these any relation to Jesus........... :laughs:
“The only way to avoid pîssîng people off is to do nothing important.” — Oliver Emberton

Steve Le maitre
Perch
Perch
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Mar 13 2015 20:28

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Steve Le maitre » Mon Sep 09 2019 19:59

Jimk2 wrote:
Steve Le maitre wrote:
Jimk2 wrote:
Is your set up (same as my set up) good for this place in winter Steve?

I havent fished this water since my wilso flyer days, Not for 6 years I think.
Winter ! October is barely into autumn :tongues: open boat so if it rains it rains, besides if it floats it’ll do :laughs:
I was on about when the weather gets up as in winter, waves and wind.
Jim if it gets too rough you can always get behind an island and carry on, so don’t worry. launching and recovery is more of a problem in those conditions, but we’ll have Grant on hand :thumbs:

Steve Le maitre
Perch
Perch
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Mar 13 2015 20:28

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Steve Le maitre » Mon Sep 09 2019 20:04

Edward.P.A.C wrote:
Steve Le maitre wrote:
Bear in mind we have the clock change the weekend 26-27th October, 1 hour less for Grant to admire lady joggers.
dont see many joggers on the lake Steve........ :scratch:

or are these any relation to Jesus........... :laughs:
No but he’ll have you trolling close enough to shore line to keep an eye out !

Steve Le maitre
Perch
Perch
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Mar 13 2015 20:28

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Steve Le maitre » Mon Sep 09 2019 20:10

Will Smith wrote:
I would be up for it Steve however, much the same as Dan the dates would have to work, the first two weeks would be 'difficult' for me due to prior commitments.
Good luck regardless, hope you can manage to arrange something, it has to be a good 12 years or more since I organised a fish-in on 'an-other' Lake in that area.

Will.
As far as setting a date I’m flexible but best before the clock change. Go on Will you can do it !

User avatar
Crackoff
Zander
Zander
Posts: 7081
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Lancs

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Crackoff » Tue Sep 10 2019 10:48

I'm up for it :thumbs: but I woan't have a boat :roll:

Grant :smile:
Grant Everson

Don't forget you lot the only reason this forum exists is because of me :smile:

I know a lot about a bit of stuff and a bit about a lot of stuff :wink:

I upset some guys because I tell it as it is :smile:

Steve Le maitre
Perch
Perch
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Mar 13 2015 20:28

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Steve Le maitre » Tue Sep 10 2019 19:13

Crackoff wrote:
I'm up for it :thumbs: but I woan't have a boat :roll:

Grant :smile:
Sorted...... buy Ming a £450.00 bottle of Malt ! :exit:
You’ve normally got more boats than the D day landing what’s up ?

Steve Le maitre
Perch
Perch
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Mar 13 2015 20:28

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Steve Le maitre » Tue Sep 10 2019 19:17

....... that :gulp: only gets you boat partner status mind !

User avatar
Edward.P.A.C
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 4825
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: "Great???" Yarmouth..............A truly scary place

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Edward.P.A.C » Tue Sep 10 2019 23:33

Steve Le maitre wrote:
Crackoff wrote:
I'm up for it :thumbs: but I woan't have a boat :roll:

Grant :smile:
Sorted...... buy Ming a £450.00 bottle of Malt ! :exit:
You’ve normally got more boats than the D day landing what’s up ?
If he can make it a 25yr 1974 Balvenie (cask #10146) I might consider it 😉
Anything less.......he can hire a lilo :laughs:
“The only way to avoid pîssîng people off is to do nothing important.” — Oliver Emberton

User avatar
Crackoff
Zander
Zander
Posts: 7081
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Lancs

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Crackoff » Wed Sep 11 2019 08:28

Edward.P.A.C wrote:
Steve Le maitre wrote:
Crackoff wrote:
I'm up for it :thumbs: but I woan't have a boat :roll:

Grant :smile:
Sorted...... buy Ming a £450.00 bottle of Malt ! :exit:
You’ve normally got more boats than the D day landing what’s up ?
If he can make it a 25yr 1974 Balvenie (cask #10146) I might consider it 😉
Anything less.......he can hire a lilo :laughs:
Now don't be silly Minge lilos and hooks don't mix well :laughs: :tongues:

Grant :smile:
Grant Everson

Don't forget you lot the only reason this forum exists is because of me :smile:

I know a lot about a bit of stuff and a bit about a lot of stuff :wink:

I upset some guys because I tell it as it is :smile:

User avatar
Ben
Father of the Forum
Father of the Forum
Posts: 4401
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Lancashire
Contact:

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Ben » Wed Sep 11 2019 16:59

Crackoff wrote:
I'm up for it :thumbs: but I woan't have a boat :roll:

Grant :smile:
No boat Granny, why oh why?
If you enjoy the forum and would like to contribute towards the running costs please click here to send a donation via PayPal or here to buy some Pit merchandise - thank you

Nutter20
Gudgeon
Gudgeon
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Jul 12 2015 07:46
Location: Preston

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Nutter20 » Wed Sep 11 2019 21:21

Hi lads do we have a date set as Iam away 3rd for 2 weeks

Steve Le maitre
Perch
Perch
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Mar 13 2015 20:28

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Steve Le maitre » Wed Sep 11 2019 21:41

Nutter20 wrote:
Hi lads do we have a date set as Iam away 3rd for 2 weeks
Hi Nutter. No date set as yet, would be good if those interested could give dates that best suit them and we go from there. I assume a w/e is going to best suit most people and with fishing planned for the Saturday, no reason this can go into Sunday for those that can’t make the Saturday - sod it just do both days ! So yes hopefully sometime in October and preferably before the clocks change.

User avatar
Edward.P.A.C
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 4825
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: "Great???" Yarmouth..............A truly scary place

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Edward.P.A.C » Thu Sep 12 2019 09:14

Steve the only dates that work for me are from the 19-27th.
Looking like I’m taking Steve out on the 20-21 so will be up there anyway (weather permitting)
“The only way to avoid pîssîng people off is to do nothing important.” — Oliver Emberton

Nutter20
Gudgeon
Gudgeon
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Jul 12 2015 07:46
Location: Preston

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Nutter20 » Thu Sep 12 2019 12:54

Iam away from 3rd till 14 iam very interested

Steve Le maitre
Perch
Perch
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Mar 13 2015 20:28

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Steve Le maitre » Thu Sep 12 2019 20:18

Thanks to everyone who has responded both here and with pm’s. It is looking like we should go for the 19th & 20th October ( Sat & Sun ) hopefully that’s ok with everyone who has so far shown interest. If not speak up !

Nutter20
Gudgeon
Gudgeon
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Jul 12 2015 07:46
Location: Preston

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Nutter20 » Thu Sep 12 2019 21:35

Great I will be back of holiday what time will u meet can’t wait

Steve Le maitre
Perch
Perch
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Mar 13 2015 20:28

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Steve Le maitre » Fri Sep 13 2019 21:01

Nutter20 wrote:
Great I will be back of holiday what time will u meet can’t wait
That’s a difficult one but hopefully we get going by 9.30am. Some will turn up the night before, if you arrive on the Saturday morning itself then the earlier the better as it’ll give you time to get set up and have a good chat !! People can of course go out when they want, i just think it would be nice if there is a planned time for us all to come back in and compare notes :hammer: Thinking the best fish caught and most fish caught should incur a small prize.

Nutter20
Gudgeon
Gudgeon
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Jul 12 2015 07:46
Location: Preston

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Nutter20 » Sat Sep 14 2019 05:22

Great hope weather is good that day

Danoutdoors
Jack Pike
Jack Pike
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Mar 26 2016 09:40

Re: “The First Big Pond Troll”

Post by Danoutdoors » Sat Sep 14 2019 10:09

Hope to make it, got a few work deadlines ending around then so they might get in the way, keep me posted 👍 I’ll make a plaque trophy for it if you want regardless of if I make it. 👍🐊

Post Reply