ipilot

For all anglers who like to go afloat to catch their fish
Martin Ward P.A.C.
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

ipilot

Post by Martin Ward P.A.C. » Fri Oct 25 2019 08:16

I had one for many years but sold it with my boat. It was the directional one but not the anchor. My question is firstly where do I buy one and secondly I now use hire boats for most of my fishing so how best do I attach to various boats with different bow widths.

Please feel free to PM if you prefer

Thank you in anticipation

Martin

Danoutdoors
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Re: ipilot

Post by Danoutdoors » Fri Oct 25 2019 09:05

I got mine from pechur with one of their discount codes, i had a handset problem and they sent me a new one straight away, loads cheeper than anything I could find in the uk

Danoutdoors
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Danoutdoors » Fri Oct 25 2019 09:12

Just had a look on their website, they only seem to be doing the higher thrust models now, worth a look tho anyway, hope you find one at a good price πŸ‘

Martin Ward P.A.C.
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Martin Ward P.A.C. » Fri Oct 25 2019 10:01

Danoutdoors wrote: ↑
Just had a look on their website, they only seem to be doing the higher thrust models now, worth a look tho anyway, hope you find one at a good price πŸ‘
Thanks Dan, do you have yours fixed on one boat or transportable?

Martin

suffolk si
Barbel
Barbel

Post by suffolk si » Fri Oct 25 2019 10:37

if you can get me a part number Martin i may well be able to get one at close to trade price for you.

Si

Danoutdoors
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Danoutdoors » Fri Oct 25 2019 10:59

Martin Ward P.A.C. wrote: ↑
Thanks Dan, do you have yours fixed on one boat or transportable?

Martin
It’s used on my boat and is removable, I looked to making a deck that would retrofit to trout boats, using the front seat and hooking under the sides of the boat, easily doable, think the issue comes when different waters have different types of boat.
Happy to do a sketch of my thoughts if you want?

Martin Ward P.A.C.
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Martin Ward P.A.C. » Fri Oct 25 2019 11:06

suffolk si wrote: ↑
if you can get me a part number Martin i may well be able to get one at close to trade price for you.

Si
Not sure yet Si but this one looks about right
https://www.pecheur.com/en/gb/buy-elect ... 71102.html

Danoutdoors
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Danoutdoors » Fri Oct 25 2019 11:09

Si
Yea that’s what I got, same without pedal πŸ‘

Danoutdoors
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Danoutdoors » Fri Oct 25 2019 11:11

You will even get a further 15% off with that discount code at top of page

Will Smith
Chub
Chub

Post by Will Smith » Fri Oct 25 2019 11:56

Are you wanting the unit to be fitted with a transducer Martin ? That option is available, and saves you having to fanny on with an additional one over the side of the boat, you need to specify the finder you are pairing it with though.
I just shopped around in the UK for mine, paid more that if I had bought outside the UK but had a warranty claim that eventually was sorted by the UK main importers Marathon Leisure, it was good to be able to just call them up and explain the problem.

Will.

suffolk si
Barbel
Barbel

Post by suffolk si » Fri Oct 25 2019 12:08

just looked at my supplier, that is better than my trade price Martin so i would go with that if they are giving an additional 15% .(am assuming it comes with foot pedal in that price)
Sorry i couldnt help
si

Martin Ward P.A.C.
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Martin Ward P.A.C. » Sun Oct 27 2019 12:39

Will Smith wrote: ↑
Are you wanting the unit to be fitted with a transducer Martin ? That option is available, and saves you having to fanny on with an additional one over the side of the boat, you need to specify the finder you are pairing it with though.
I just shopped around in the UK for mine, paid more that if I had bought outside the UK but had a warranty claim that eventually was sorted by the UK main importers Marathon Leisure, it was good to be able to just call them up and explain the problem.

Will.
Yes thats a fair point Will. I must say the experience I have had with Electronics Purchased on line has not been great (especially fishfinders) so unless I can see a massive saving I could well get my local stockist to get me one. I bought my last Lowrance through him and although I paid Β£50 more I have the peace of mind to know I can drive 10 mile up the road and get it sorted.

Thanks

Martin

dropped_run
Perch
Perch

Post by dropped_run » Sun Oct 27 2019 13:13

Martin, have a word with Wayne Fletcher about brackets. He's got a perfect solution for all hire boats
James Dobie.

Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jimk2 » Thu Oct 31 2019 07:29

Si
That one looks like it comes with the pedal not the remote, is that right?

Danoutdoors
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Danoutdoors » Thu Oct 31 2019 09:17

Jimk2 wrote: ↑

Si
No mate it says sans pedal, without pedal, mine certainly came with remote. πŸ‘

Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jimk2 » Thu Oct 31 2019 09:58

Si
No mate it says sans pedal, without pedal, mine certainly came with remote. πŸ‘
Still a good price that one, works out Β£1,186 with a 15% discount code. I don't have a casting deck as such so would prefer the remote.
I had the cash for one of these a while ago but bought a bait boat, It's still on my wanted list though.

Danoutdoors
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Danoutdoors » Thu Oct 31 2019 10:16

Si
Still a good price that one, works out Β£1,186 with a 15% discount code. I don't have a casting deck as such so would prefer the remote.
I had the cash for one of these a while ago but bought a bait boat, It's still on my wanted list though.

Yes mate very decent price I think, I almost bought one before this one and ended up getting a transom mounted minn Kota instead, now I have the bow mount I realise how worlds apart they are with handling and efficiency, I can put it on the gps direction setting and get my gear sorted as I tootle along, certainly a great piece of kit, I’ve also had great after-sales service from that company with replacing the handset and they refunded me for a faulty rod that broke.
Cheers Dan

chrisdonna
Roach
Roach

Post by chrisdonna » Thu Nov 07 2019 13:19

HELP.
I have just bought an Ulterra ipilot electric motor after have a few Minn Kota V2 over the years but I am having a setting up problem for which I need assistance.
The motor is fitted and wired up correctly. When I press the power button on the main body the status indicator (red) and system ready indicator (green) come on.
The foot control beeps when I do this and the mode button on the foot control activates with the central amber light glowing.
No problems up to now but when I take it out of Ulterra mode and press the constant switch and auto pilot switch nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong and what can I do to recify this problem?
I am hoping that nothing works unless the motor is deployed (cant deploy as the boat is in the garage)- is this the case??
Any help appreciated. I have gone down the manual, and you tube paths with no answers.
Regards,
Chris Donovan

Danoutdoors
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Danoutdoors » Thu Nov 07 2019 14:02

chrisdonna wrote: ↑
HELP.
I have just bought an Ulterra ipilot electric motor after have a few Minn Kota V2 over the years but I am having a setting up problem for which I need assistance.
The motor is fitted and wired up correctly. When I press the power button on the main body the status indicator (red) and system ready indicator (green) come on.
The foot control beeps when I do this and the mode button on the foot control activates with the central amber light glowing.
No problems up to now but when I take it out of Ulterra mode and press the constant switch and auto pilot switch nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong and what can I do to recify this problem?
I am hoping that nothing works unless the motor is deployed (cant deploy as the boat is in the garage)- is this the case??
Any help appreciated. I have gone down the manual, and you tube paths with no answers.
Regards,
Chris Donovan
Chris when I had a problem I visited the minn Kota site, they have a live chat messenger type thing, worth giving that a go, I just looked but they are updating the site currently so might have to wait until they come back on. πŸ‘

chrisdonna
Roach
Roach

Post by chrisdonna » Thu Nov 07 2019 14:12

Thanks Dan, Yes the site is out of action at this moment.
Chrisd

chrisdonna
Roach
Roach

Post by chrisdonna » Thu Nov 07 2019 18:23

For those interested, I have discovered that the prop, auto pilot will not work in the stowed position as a safety precaution since 2017.
Paired the remote to the motor so we are up and running.
My next task is to pair the heading sensor with the motor which is explained on you tube so I hope that turns out as easy as the other tasks which are not detailed in the product manual.
Regards,
Chris Donovan

Danoutdoors
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Danoutdoors » Thu Nov 07 2019 19:42

Yea think I used you tube for heading sensor fitting, jobs a goodn πŸ‘

Will Smith
Chub
Chub

Post by Will Smith » Thu Nov 07 2019 20:20

For what it is worth, when we did mine it was a doddle.
I thought it was going to be a right pain but it was relatively easy.
Will.

chrisdonna
Roach
Roach

Post by chrisdonna » Fri Nov 08 2019 10:59

Will,
It`s like computers, you just need to press the right buttons.
I couldn`t find any thing in the manual, you tube or supplied documentation which detailed the pairing of the remote to the motor head so I was losing my mind trying to figure it out blind.
Also there is no mention of the propeller etc. not being abled in the stowed position although I did catch a statement to that effect on one you tube submission.
When you are given the instructions (as you say) it is a doddle.
Chrisd

Will Smith
Chub
Chub

Post by Will Smith » Fri Nov 08 2019 15:51

If I remember correctly Chris, at the time we paired mine my pal Alan was on his phone giving me instructions which he was downloading, not sure if it was from youtube or some other source, however it worked and I recall being very relieved once it worked,I am not very good with things like that TBH, I still have to get the kids to tune the bloody telly in :laughs: .

Will

Martin Ward P.A.C.
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Martin Ward P.A.C. » Fri Nov 08 2019 20:24

Will Smith wrote: ↑
If I remember correctly Chris, at the time we paired mine my pal Alan was on his phone giving me instructions which he was downloading, not sure if it was from youtube or some other source, however it worked and I recall being very relieved once it worked,I am not very good with things like that TBH, I still have to get the kids to tune the bloody telly in :laughs: .

Will
Off to see my grand kids next week to download all I will ever need (apparently) onto my ipad :eek:

Will Smith
Chub
Chub

Post by Will Smith » Fri Nov 08 2019 20:41

Ha ha, Martin, make sure you delete your history first :laughs: , just in case :red: .

Will.