Thanks to Kev

For all anglers who like to go afloat to catch their fish
Antony
Chub
Chub

Thanks to Kev

Post by Antony » Thu Feb 13 2020 22:18

I’ve now got myself a good heavy lead anchor and a bow roller for my little boat 👍 two things I can cross off my list of must haves 😊 Thanks for opening your shop up tonight, it was good seeing you and Nell again mate.
I only used my boat three times last year due to working and unusually windy weather,but this year I’m out as much as possible 🚣🏻‍♀️ 🎣 🐟
Going fishing ? Don’t forget ya camera!!

Alex Fox
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Thanks to Kev

Post by Alex Fox » Thu Feb 13 2020 23:16

You now have some good spots on the Trent to try ... again :smile:

Antony
Chub
Chub

Post by Antony » Fri Feb 14 2020 07:43

Tooooooo riskyyyyy!!! I would never take it on a fast river,it’s only got a little engine.Its just right for lakes and canals though and in really calm settled weather it’s coming to cardigan bay and up to Scotland for the inshore (very inshore) pollock and big wrasse fishing.Not only that,it wouldn’t be right to return to the spots where Kev takes his mates and customers,I don’t think it is anyway? I’ve insured and licensed it now so I can start by taking it on the fossdyke from Burton waters for starters 😊not to fish but to take the girls out for a few hours while I get used to launching and all that.Eva will love it 💚

Mattjb
Chub
Chub

Post by Mattjb » Fri Feb 14 2020 10:23

Antony wrote:
Tooooooo riskyyyyy!!! I would never take it on a fast river,it’s only got a little engine.Its just right for lakes and canals though and in really calm settled weather it’s coming to cardigan bay and up to Scotland for the inshore (very inshore) pollock and big wrasse fishing.Not only that,it wouldn’t be right to return to the spots where Kev takes his mates and customers,I don’t think it is anyway? I’ve insured and licensed it now so I can start by taking it on the fossdyke from Burton waters for starters 😊not to fish but to take the girls out for a few hours while I get used to launching and all that.Eva will love it 💚
Where abouts in Cardigan bay are you going Antony? I go to Aberporth a lot, parents have a house there,lovely coastline with dolphins and seals, we watch them from the portabote or kayaks.Very underrated part of the U.K.!

Biggthepool
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Biggthepool » Fri Feb 14 2020 10:51

Antony wrote:
You can guarantee Anthony that many a man will go back to we’re Kev has took them because that is what people do pay once to find out. That is why I had the discussion with Kev and why I don’t agree with guiding. Happens a lot over here Northern Ireland/Ireland

Kev Berry
Pike
Pike

Post by Kev Berry » Fri Feb 14 2020 12:19

Biggthepool wrote:
Antony wrote:
You can guarantee Anthony that many a man will go back to we’re Kev has took them because that is what people do pay once to find out. That is why I had the discussion with Kev and why I don’t agree with guiding. Happens a lot over here Northern Ireland/Ireland
My PIKE guiding afloat will be VERY select, ie it wont be open to everyone, just those I can trust. Anybody betraying that trust is likely to get rammed.
my barbel/pike guiding from the bank will be from very private stretches, no day tickets, and no way of getting in.
Don't compare me with what happens elsewhere.

Biggthepool
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Biggthepool » Fri Feb 14 2020 12:32

Let’s not get into this Kev again I don’t want keep repeating myself. People that I say I trust I class as friends there for I wouldn’t be charging someone I trust as trust is a very hard thing to come by don’t you think? A boat can easily get people back to we’re the bank spots are come on. You started a guiding business for no other reason than to make MONEY out off it so yes like every other guide. Doesn’t make you a bad person I was just stating a fact to Anthony

Alex Fox
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Alex Fox » Fri Feb 14 2020 13:03

Biggthepool wrote:
Let’s not get into this Kev again I don’t want keep repeating myself. People that I say I trust I class as friends there for I wouldn’t be charging someone I trust as trust is a very hard thing to come by don’t you think? A boat can easily get people back to we’re the bank spots are come on. You started a guiding business for no other reason than to make MONEY out off it so yes like every other guide. Doesn’t make you a bad person I was just stating a fact to Anthony

Well that's how i see it, you can only trust good friends in life ... so are you really going to charge good friends to come fishing with you :eek:

As for totally private fishing and no way of getting in ... wonder how the other 'select' members of such a secret stretch will react to a member bringing guests for money !

Unless you own the bloody stretch ... you can't stop others from eventually finding a way back if they are that way inclined.

davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb » Fri Feb 14 2020 13:29

Antony wrote:
I’ve now got myself a good heavy lead anchor and a bow roller for my little boat 👍 two things I can cross off my list of must haves 😊 Thanks for opening your shop up tonight, it was good seeing you and Nell again mate.
I only used my boat three times last year due to working and unusually windy weather,but this year I’m out as much as possible 🚣🏻‍♀️ 🎣 🐟
"Thanks for opening your shop up tonight, it was good seeing you and Nell again mate."

Grooming alert!

Grooming alert!

:joker:

Kev Berry
Pike
Pike

Post by Kev Berry » Fri Feb 14 2020 14:05

Alex Fox wrote:
Biggthepool wrote:

Well that's how i see it, you can only trust good friends in life ... so are you really going to charge good friends to come fishing with you :eek:

As for totally private fishing and no way of getting in ... wonder how the other 'select' members of such a secret stretch will react to a member bringing guests for money !

Unless you own the bloody stretch ... you can't stop others from eventually finding a way back if they are that way inclined.
Its select, and members can take guests, and I have checked I am ok doing so. Very well bailiffed so no chance of poaching and getting away with it.

"A boat can easily get people back to we’re the bank spots are come on. You started a guiding business for no other reason than to make MONEY out off it so yes like every other guide. Doesn’t make you a bad person I was just stating a fact to Anthony"

no boats are allowed even by members, its non navigable, and it is policed against this VERY well (by a policeman who is a member) so no boat anglers will be coming to fish the bank swims.
You do seem to have a problem with people making money out of fishing :shrug: .

the Terence is full of pike---no problem catching from any stretch---if you can get a ticket. Most stretches are members only some with a lengthy waiting list.
Boat launching on the Terence is abysmal---there are very few places, unlicensed boats are relatively easy to find out who they belong to if spotted by CRT or club / EA bailiffs.
To put a boat on the river isn't cheap, CRT licence is about £120 minimum and insurance is needed first to get a CRT licence---no licence no getting through the locks, and the chance of it being seized.

Ive been taking people on the river (free) for years with no problems---strange how when a bit of filthy lucra is mentioned the knives suddenly come out

Biggthepool
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Biggthepool » Fri Feb 14 2020 15:04

Ok Kev

Alan_dalton
Chub
Chub

Post by Alan_dalton » Fri Feb 14 2020 21:00

Is the tidal a free for all from the boat?

Antony
Chub
Chub

Post by Antony » Fri Feb 14 2020 21:10

Mattjb wrote:
Antony wrote:
Where abouts in Cardigan bay are you going Antony? I go to Aberporth a lot, parents have a house there,lovely coastline with dolphins and seals, we watch them from the portabote or kayaks.Very underrated part of the U.K.!
Hello Matt mate,yes we are looking at booking a holiday home very close to Aberport and it’s a stones throw from the beach 😊Sounds like your mum and dad live in a real special part of Wales 👍 I will let you know how it goes bud,so you can come over if your visiting your mum and dad 😊

Antony
Chub
Chub

Post by Antony » Fri Feb 14 2020 21:25

Alan_dalton wrote:
I have no idea Alan ? I know it’s free from the sea .... I think so anyway but I will find out before I hit the beach 👍

Kev Berry
Pike
Pike

Post by Kev Berry » Fri Feb 14 2020 21:30

Alan_dalton wrote:
Yes but you still need licence and insurance----and most importantly a lot of boat sense---the tidal can be VERY dangerous and is an animal at times with the big tides.
No use having a little engine when the tide is going faster than your boat can go.
The fishing on the tidal is free---the clubs actually only pay for access to the river bank, between high and low water marks you can fish from the bank for free (Magna Carta).
Boats can fish where they like---but you will find yourself having a lot of arguments and dodging 5oz plus leads if you anchor up in the best pegs of certain club stretches

best of luck finding somewhere to launch, the ski clubs charge about 180 a year to be able to use their launch---and not all of them allow anglers

Alan_dalton
Chub
Chub

Post by Alan_dalton » Fri Feb 14 2020 21:39

Already found somewhere I can launch my seastrike and it has a decent outboard and insurance and no vermin so it should cope

Biggthepool
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Biggthepool » Fri Feb 14 2020 23:47

😂😂😂

Alex Fox
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Alex Fox » Sat Feb 15 2020 14:22

Alan_dalton wrote:
Already found somewhere I can launch my seastrike and it has a decent outboard and insurance and no vermin so it should cope

Sorry Alan ... you are only allowed to go if Kev allows you access :laughs: :laughs: