steve a pac
Chub
Chub

New Apex Humminbird

Post by steve a pac » Tue Nov 17 2020 13:27

2k htz 😱
FA55304C-DB11-494F-A0C9-28556E03DDC2.jpeg
4CE5EC73-B79D-418D-95DD-8ABCC407F75D.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Brian Carragher
Roach
Roach

Re: New Apex Humminbird

Post by Brian Carragher » Tue Nov 17 2020 13:29

Looks a nice bit of kit, has the look of money about it though, any idea on price

Cyprio
Chub
Chub

Post by Cyprio » Tue Nov 17 2020 14:26

Around £4600.
By the discussions so far it’s aimed for the Bluewater angler. Gimbal mount or dash mount
Not Ram. Extra connections on back reducing need for 5port switch for some, also HDMI IN and our so you can share image to your 50”flatscreen under the cuddy :laughs:
Full 1080HD screen should produce some sharp images though.
Wonder what they will be capable off in 2022 :cool:
Andy Carpenter

steve a pac
Chub
Chub

Post by steve a pac » Tue Nov 17 2020 21:56

Every time Lowance comes up with a system Humminbird picks something out of their back pocket and goes, f—k you see how you like that and blows it out of the water, i will be very surprised if this isn’t a huge leap in tech given the htz/screen leap.
I know someone who has ordered one today. :thumbs:
Look forward to seeing the difference in models.

Cyprio
Chub
Chub

Post by Cyprio » Tue Nov 17 2020 22:48

Steve I’m sure they have the future mapped out.
They have the tech already designed now but are just releasing it to us in small amounts at a time.
Every two years a new model giving clearer images. But making sure you don’t want to keep your old unit.
Clever marketing, I just want a better 2nd hand market here in the uk to at least keep the loss to a minimum
And change every two years.
Post some screen shots when he finally gets it for Easter :cool:
Andy Carpenter

Ian Crook
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Ian Crook » Fri Nov 20 2020 23:17

steve a pac wrote:
Every time Lowance comes up with a system Humminbird picks something out of their back pocket and goes, f—k you see how you like that and blows it out of the water, i will be very surprised if this isn’t a huge leap in tech given the htz/screen leap.
I’ve had one on order since August, only the 13” though, can’t afford the power for bigger!

Also got Mega Live on order to accompany it!! I’ll share with you all when they arrive.
9BB07DE1-A8AC-4EBA-BC69-C265B07BC8BB.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cyprio
Chub
Chub

Post by Cyprio » Fri Nov 20 2020 23:30

Ian Crook wrote:
steve a pac wrote:
I’ve had one on order since August, only the 13” though, can’t afford the power for bigger!

Also got Mega Live on order to accompany it!! I’ll share with you all when they arrive.

:worthy:
Will be an interesting competition, it's obviously going to be better than Lowrange but will Garmin who have had
A very useful Livescope come out with a MKII version, I reckon HB Leaked that flier to RM to stop HB users
Buying live scope based on its tourney usage this year.
My boats got the power I'll test it for you Ian :thumbs: :laughs:
Saying that your flier has not been doctored with :suspect: dates and part nos not erased..
Andy Carpenter

Ian Crook
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Ian Crook » Sat Nov 21 2020 12:34

Cyprio wrote:
Ian Crook wrote:
steve a pac wrote:

:worthy:
Will be an interesting competition, it's obviously going to be better than Lowrange but will Garmin who have had
A very useful Livescope come out with a MKII version, I reckon HB Leaked that flier to RM to stop HB users
Buying live scope based on its tourney usage this year.
My boats got the power I'll test it for you Ian :thumbs: :laughs:
Saying that your flier has not been doctored with :suspect: dates and part nos not erased..
It was already leaked by Russel Marine Products so no need to change it now! We will wait until Feb though before releasing any more info!

UK RRP has been released to retailers and they will be taking pre-orders from next week, it’s looking likely only about 20% of pre-orders will be possible in first shipment, they have already received thousands in the states!

Steve Le maitre
Chub
Chub

Post by Steve Le maitre » Sat Nov 21 2020 18:29

It’s just the way I look at things but I can’t help thinking just how much mark up is on that thing, the vat alone is over £700.00. Of course there is the retail markup, probably about £1500.00. Retail markup exists on everything but the tax relief would be nice. Financial it’s far more attractive putting two new tyres on the Tractor, Hey I’ve a cunning plan - you know all these wet winters we’ve been getting :idea: I could mount this thing on the Tractor for the purpose of telling me the depth of the water in the fields and any obstructions, after all I wouldn’t want to split them new tyres open !!
Another option would be to become a guide and claim it back via that, it’s just the wearing of the blue uniform/ skirt that puts me off going down that route !
Why do they have to make stuff like that :hissy:

Carlperkins
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Carlperkins » Sat Nov 21 2020 19:28

To be fair
You may as well buy a snorkel and mask and be done with it.
Watercraft will be a thing of the past 🙄😂
Well Well Well Enoch..........
It seams you were right after all

Cyprio
Chub
Chub

Post by Cyprio » Sat Nov 21 2020 19:52

Steve Le maitre wrote:
It’s just the way I look at things but I can’t help thinking just how much mark up is on that thing, the vat alone is over £700.00. Of course there is the retail markup, probably about £1500.00. Retail markup exists on everything but the tax relief would be nice. Financial it’s far more attractive putting two new tyres on the Tractor, Hey I’ve a cunning plan - you know all these wet winters we’ve been getting :idea: I could mount this thing on the Tractor for the purpose of telling me the depth of the water in the fields and any obstructions, after all I wouldn’t want to split them new tyres open !!
Another option would be to become a guide and claim it back via that, it’s just the wearing of the blue uniform/ skirt that puts me off going down that route !
Why do they have to make stuff like that :hissy:
Said the man sitting in a tractor watching Netflix or On the Pit : :laughs:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... A77D8FRbIU

Won't disagree about the price Steve. That's life now want the toys you'll have to dig deep without trying to justify the costs.
Grant will be along to help you choose the skirt later :eek:
Andy Carpenter

Steve Dennington
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Steve Dennington » Sat Nov 21 2020 20:21

I do wonder how much actual progress is made vs. clever marketing.

In the world of metal detecting (similar send/receive tech) there is a similar rivalry between two big players. However, whilst they've introduced new features/bells and whistles, the actual performance of the machines hasn't progressed at all in the last ten years. Is sonar any different? Has there really been any major progression since in the introduction of side imaging, or is it simply about bigger and bigger screens and ever more eye-watering price tags? :shrug:

Steve Le maitre
Chub
Chub

Post by Steve Le maitre » Sat Nov 21 2020 20:33

Non of that technology in my cab, that John Deere system costs around £10,000 per machine though it’s transferable between machines. Also expect to pay £1000.00 per year subscription :eek: I use the good old fashioned system of holding the steering wheel to go in straight lines :narfuk:
A second hand system would of course be far cheaper though you’d have to take into account it would have no warranty so I’d be a tad wary, but to be honest I’d be far more wary of a second hand skirt, you see as much as I like Grant you’d have to take into account that Semen can be such a persistent stain :afraid:

Cyprio
Chub
Chub

Post by Cyprio » Sat Nov 21 2020 21:01

Steve Dennington wrote:

In the world of metal detecting (similar send/receive tech) there is a similar rivalry between two big players. However, whilst they've introduced new features/bells and whistles, the actual performance of the machines hasn't progressed at all in the last ten years. Is sonar any different? Has there really been any major progression since in the introduction of side imaging, or is it simply about bigger and bigger screens and ever more eye-watering price tags? :shrug:
The imagery has definitely improved and is still improving, Yes it's all about the $$$.
I like the tech, but the Bass fishers are no worse than our new TV carpers. They believe what kit they have to buy and expect the fish to jump in the net without learning the craft.
I think live imagery could be useful to some fishing docks etc for Bass but I think the Bass Pro's have pushed these systems and their sponsorship so hard that a Bass fisher's mindset is he can't fish without one! Sad times.
The livescope shows their lures and the fishes movements either towards or away from the lures, too much
Probably yes, but I like to see what's down there, not necessarily fish wise but it does keep the spirits high on those hard winter days. Bigger is better pixel wise but the demanding price inflated.
Our sport is no different to any other, equipment costs money. A cheap rod can still cast a lead but pay three times as much for the rod, everything about the cast is much better. And the manufactures know it. :pale:
Andy Carpenter

sebshelton
Perch
Perch

Post by sebshelton » Sat Nov 21 2020 23:46

Cyprio wrote:
Steve Dennington wrote:

The imagery has definitely improved and is still improving, Yes it's all about the $$$.
I like the tech, but the Bass fishers are no worse than our new TV carpers. They believe what kit they have to buy and expect the fish to jump in the net without learning the craft.
I think live imagery could be useful to some fishing docks etc for Bass but I think the Bass Pro's have pushed these systems and their sponsorship so hard that a Bass fisher's mindset is he can't fish without one! Sad times.
The livescope shows their lures and the fishes movements either towards or away from the lures, too much
Probably yes, but I like to see what's down there, not necessarily fish wise but it does keep the spirits high on those hard winter days. Bigger is better pixel wise but the demanding price inflated.
Our sport is no different to any other, equipment costs money. A cheap rod can still cast a lead but pay three times as much for the rod, everything about the cast is much better. And the manufactures know it. :pale:
If you’ve got the time & inclination to learn how to use & get the most out of them the bigger screen size (with associated improved imagery) is a major progression to me. It makes identification of what you’re looking at easier or even possible in some instances. No difference to TV’s really. 32” or 65”..hmm😉
From a practical position I cant imagine trying to make out what’s going on with the screen split 2 ways (let alone a 3 way split) with anything less than a 9 inch screen.

Cyprio
Chub
Chub

Post by Cyprio » Sun Nov 22 2020 00:13

:thumbs:
That's sized it up well Seb.
They work well out off the box but take time with them they can show and do so much more.
Andy Carpenter

ecko
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by ecko » Mon Nov 23 2020 11:22

Carlperkins wrote:
To be fair
You may as well buy a snorkel and mask and be done with it.
Watercraft will be a thing of the past 🙄😂
It won't make you an instant succesfull fisherman that's what they like to sell you on youtube, nothing beats watercraft and fishing scence.
The gadgeds only make it easier to find what you're looking for, asuming you already know what to look for.
So watercraft and fishing scence are even more important in the future, cause a tribe of instant fisherman stand up without it.
Buying big boats with big motors and big screens like in the movies, to realize they lack some skills.
I know what you're thinking, but being that this is a St Croix Big Dawg, the most powerful baitcaster in the world, and would instantly cross your eyes, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well do ya, pike?