Pressure washer

For all anglers who like to go afloat to catch their fish
Nutter20
Roach
Roach

Pressure washer

Post by Nutter20 » Wed Mar 03 2021 06:53

Looking for new pressure washer for cleaning boat trailer and patios any tips on a good one cheers :cheers:

Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Pressure washer

Post by Alan_dalton » Wed Mar 03 2021 06:58

Cant fault the titan ones for the money from screwfix

Mike J
Zander
Zander

Post by Mike J » Wed Mar 03 2021 10:59

Kranzle K9 is what I have, it was out yest.
Both cars, all the front windows, gutters, facia and front door and step, then blew the flakey paint off the garage door for repainting.
Best money I ever spent (on non fishing gear).

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus

Fastliner
Perch
Perch

Post by Fastliner » Wed Mar 03 2021 12:40

Nilfisk electric pressure washers are supposed to be decent pressure washers,

You could also hire a petrol pressure washer you will have more cleaning power in a petrol pressure washer.

Pikerd74
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Pikerd74 » Wed Mar 03 2021 12:52

Fastliner wrote:

You could also hire a petrol pressure washer you will have more cleaning power in a petrol pressure washer.
I went for the nilfisk a couple of years ago and it’s been great, loads of attachments readily available such as patio cleaning attachment, snow foam bottle drain cleaners and angled Lance!
Purchased from machine mart

ranabat
Roach
Roach

Post by ranabat » Wed Mar 03 2021 13:04

+1 for Kranzle, not the cheapest to buy but top quality that will last a very long time.
Dave G

Fastliner
Perch
Perch

Post by Fastliner » Wed Mar 03 2021 15:09

Pikerd74 wrote:
Fastliner wrote:

I went for the nilfisk a couple of years ago and it’s been great, loads of attachments readily available such as patio cleaning attachment, snow foam bottle drain cleaners and angled Lance!
Yeah i heard they were a decent electric pressure washer to buy, i was told that Nilfisk built electric pressure washers for stihl as well.

Pikerd74
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Pikerd74 » Wed Mar 03 2021 15:44

Fastliner wrote:
Pikerd74 wrote:
Fastliner wrote:

Yeah i heard they were a decent electric pressure washer to buy, i was told that Nilfisk built electric pressure washers for stihl as well.
It wouldn’t surprise me, have a shop around though machine mart isn’t always the cheapest. Like I say it was ease of getting hold of the accessories which attracted me!

Steve Le maitre
Chub
Chub

Post by Steve Le maitre » Wed Mar 03 2021 19:35

Try North West Power Washers for a great price on a Nilfisk.

Will Smith
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Will Smith » Wed Mar 03 2021 20:01

Ask yourself how long would you want it to run for, most of the entry level units including Nilfisk which I have, should only be run for about 15-20 mins before giving then a rest or they can F U C K up. if you have a large patio that could take an hour or more to clean be prepared to pay more for a better unit or alternatively do it in stages.

Will.

norleveller
Perch
Perch

Post by norleveller » Wed Mar 03 2021 20:04

bought a new pressure washer last month , a petrol one knocks spots off any electric one ive owned 7hp wolf 4 stroke engine,sucks water from a barrel ,pond or mains water 3500 psi has cut my cleaning time in half

Will Smith
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Will Smith » Wed Mar 03 2021 20:06

It would do, far superior to the electric domestic models.
You get what you pay for really.

Will.

norleveller
Perch
Perch

Post by norleveller » Wed Mar 03 2021 20:23

brand new @ £219 no brainer for that money quality lance,interchangeable nozzles and no cable to cart behind it just dont forget a supply of petrol

Steve Le maitre
Chub
Chub

Post by Steve Le maitre » Wed Mar 03 2021 20:36

norleveller wrote:
bought a new pressure washer last month , a petrol one knocks spots off any electric one ive owned 7hp wolf 4 stroke engine,sucks water from a barrel ,pond or mains water 3500 psi has cut my cleaning time in half
3500 psi would cut you in half :laughs:

Fastliner
Perch
Perch

Post by Fastliner » Wed Mar 03 2021 22:34

norleveller wrote:
brand new @ £219 no brainer for that money quality lance,interchangeable nozzles and no cable to cart behind it just dont forget a supply of petrol
I am not trying to be smart but that wolf pressure washer is probably cheaply made in china at that price

I hope it lasts for you but it might not hold up in the long run

But then for £219 you can not go to far wrong :thumbs:
Last edited by Fastliner on Wed Mar 03 2021 22:36, edited 1 time in total.

Nutter20
Roach
Roach

Post by Nutter20 » Wed Mar 03 2021 22:36

Wow Iam still no wiser not really wanting petrol but will look at them . Kranzle never heard of them will look thanks guys

Fastliner
Perch
Perch

Post by Fastliner » Wed Mar 03 2021 22:42

Nutter20 wrote:
Wow Iam still no wiser not really wanting petrol but will look at them . Kranzle never heard of them will look thanks guys
You might be better off hiring a petrol pressure washer and see what you think of it,

The engines on the petrol pressure washer can be very loud when using them but they do have more cleaning power

I think car detailers use the kranzle pressure washers there not cheap though,

If you are thinking of buying a electric pressure washer you can not go to far wrong with a

Nilfisk electric pressure washer .
Last edited by Fastliner on Wed Mar 03 2021 23:23, edited 1 time in total.

Pikerd74
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Pikerd74 » Wed Mar 03 2021 22:51

Fastliner wrote:
norleveller wrote:
I am not trying to be smart but that wolf pressure washer is probably cheaply made in china at that price

I hope it lasts for you but it might not hold up in the long run

But then for £219 you can not go to far wrong :thumbs:
I agree be very wary of cheap Chinese engines, they are made from chocolate! If you do need to repair they will crumble in your hands, monkey metal mainly.

Mike J
Zander
Zander

Post by Mike J » Thu Mar 04 2021 12:11

Nutter20 wrote:

The Kranzle will suck water from a rain barrel.
If taking water from the mains there is a litre per min. that must be available or you will damage the machine.
Mine requires 9litres and the mains provides more than that from an outside 1/2" tap.

Bought from a Kranzle distributor, saved me ££s, delivered to my door with full guarantee. PM me if you want the info.

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus

Kev Berry
Pike
Pike

Post by Kev Berry » Thu Mar 04 2021 18:58

when I had my boarding Kennels I bought a petrol washer
worked great---- for a week
yep cheap chinese crap

Smoothound
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by Smoothound » Thu Mar 04 2021 19:33

Mike J wrote:
Nutter20 wrote:

If taking water from the mains there is a litre per min. that must be available or you will damage the machine.
Mine requires 9litres and the mains provides more than that from an outside 1/2" tap.

Bought from a Kranzle distributor, saved me ££s, delivered to my door with full guarantee. PM me if you want the info.

I've been looking for a new PW for a while now but the K9 appears to be discontinued? I've been looking at K10s :scratch: :shrug:
Phil
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality...

Carlperkins
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Carlperkins » Thu Mar 04 2021 19:37

I have a Karcher one
Had it about 10years and no problem
Not everyone on the pit is trustworthy 😉

Pikerd74
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Pikerd74 » Thu Mar 04 2021 19:55

Kev Berry wrote:
when I had my boarding Kennels I bought a petrol washer
worked great---- for a week
yep cheap chinese crap
Agreed made of chocolate, I once removed a spark plug from a cheap nearly new petrol generator from China the threads in the head came out with it, the same happened with another 2 bolts holding the barrel. Very poor build quality!

norleveller
Perch
Perch

Post by norleveller » Thu Mar 04 2021 21:57

guess i will have to see then still with a 2 year warranty am losing very little, wolf tools have been going a long while sometimes ur only paying for a name!

Kev Berry
Pike
Pike

Post by Kev Berry » Thu Mar 04 2021 23:27

norleveller wrote:
guess i will have to see then still with a 2 year warranty am losing very little, wolf tools have been going a long while sometimes ur only paying for a name!
That's true.... but unfortunately if something "good" costs 500 quid and the china made version is 150 quid you got to ask why.
Bit of shiny paint is the cheapest part....what lies beneath is what matters

Mike J
Zander
Zander

Post by Mike J » Fri Mar 05 2021 09:17

Smoothound wrote:
Mike J wrote:
Nutter20 wrote:

I've been looking for a new PW for a while now but the K9 appears to be discontinued? I've been looking at K10s :scratch: :shrug:

Yes, it seems the K9 has been replaced by the K10.

:thumbs:

Smoothound
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by Smoothound » Fri Mar 05 2021 18:20

Mike J wrote:
Smoothound wrote:
Mike J wrote:
Nutter20 wrote:

Thought as much! The K10 is just a bit more than I really wanted to spend so when I heard K9 I was hopeful I was going to save a few quid :laughs: :thumbs: :hissy:
Phil
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality...

steve a pac
Chub
Chub

Post by steve a pac » Fri Mar 05 2021 20:22

Had a Karcher 520 for 25 years up until last weekend so just got the Karcher K7 compact, so will see how it goes.

Pikerd74
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Pikerd74 » Sat Mar 06 2021 10:11

Pressures washer sale now on at machine mart
They emailed this morning!

Mike J
Zander
Zander

Post by Mike J » Sat Mar 06 2021 12:29

Smoothound wrote:
Mike J wrote:
Smoothound wrote:
Mike J wrote:
Nutter20 wrote:

Thought as much! The K10 is just a bit more than I really wanted to spend so when I heard K9 I was hopeful I was going to save a few quid :laughs: :thumbs: :hissy:

If you own the car in your avatar you can afford it. :grin: