Bought Kayak

For all anglers who like to go afloat to catch their fish
whizzwales
Stickleback
Stickleback

Bought Kayak

Post by whizzwales »

Just starting a thread after receiving my Zander One man Kayak today from Cambridge Kayaks.

Looking forward to getting out on the water so I can cast the muiras mouse and suicide duck down the river than just across.

Will keep everyone posted!
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Bought Kayak

Post by Alan_dalton »

Enjoy, they're good fun to fish from.
Last edited by Alan_dalton on Mon Jan 10 2022 22:44, edited 2 times in total.
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

I tried a kayak and thought I'd need some outriggers
tippy tippy :laughs:

Grant :smile:
Grant Everson

Nothing others do is because of you. What others
say and do is a projection of their reality, their
own dream. When you are immune to the opinions
and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of
needless suffering :wink:
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

whizzwales wrote: Mon Jan 10 2022 10:46 -
Just starting a thread after receiving my Zander One man Kayak today from Cambridge Kayaks.

Looking forward to getting out on the water so I can cast the muiras mouse and suicide duck down the river than just across.

I love a bit of Yak fishing, you can get right amongst em!!
Rudd1.jpg
(Have fun face)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BillCollins
Zander
Zander

Post by BillCollins »

Dave Horton wrote: Mon Jan 10 2022 23:25 -

Rudd1.jpg
(Have fun face)
That looks like a nice one Dave !
Used to have some crackers in the lakes around me here, I did'nt really appreciate them until they vanished... :cry:
Ben
Father of the Forum
Father of the Forum

Post by Ben »

Rudd1.jpg
(Have fun face)
Great pic, I’m tempted with a Yak
Ben
Father of the Forum
Father of the Forum

Post by Ben »

Which model did you get pal?
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

BillCollins wrote: Tue Jan 11 2022 07:23 -

Rudd1.jpg
(Have fun face)
Used to have some crackers in the lakes around me here, I did'nt really appreciate them until they vanished... :cry:
Thanks Bill, I'm pretty sure that's my first 3 pounder and took me best part of 6 or 7 years to catch. I've caught dozens and dozens of 2's from my Yak but the 3's, everyone else "seemed" to catch, always eluded me by an ounce or 4? The river I've bought my cabin on is about as good as it gets for them over here?

(But the BIG ones are slowly disappearing here too now face)
BillCollins
Zander
Zander

Post by BillCollins »

Dave Horton wrote: Tue Jan 11 2022 12:14 -

Rudd1.jpg
(Have fun face)
Thanks Bill, I'm pretty sure that's my first 3 pounder and took me best part of 6 or 7 years to catch. I've caught dozens and dozens of 2's from my Yak but the 3's, everyone else "seemed" to catch, always eluded me by an ounce or 4? The river I've bought my cabin on is about as good as it gets for them over here?

They're a stunning fish when they get bigger Dave. Over the years, I've caught hundreds of 2's and a dozen 3's to 3-07 from assorted lakes within a few miles of home here. They were nearly always a by product of tench fishing. Unfortunately, the steady spread of roach across Ireland saw the disappearance of most of the big rudd.
I miss them... :cry:
cookiesdaughtersdad
Zander
Zander

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad »

BillCollins wrote: Tue Jan 11 2022 18:43 -

Rudd1.jpg
(Have fun face)

They're a stunning fish when they get bigger Dave. Over the years, I've caught hundreds of 2's and a dozen 3's to 3-07 from assorted lakes within a few miles of home here. They were nearly always a by product of tench fishing. Unfortunately, the steady spread of roach across Ireland saw the disappearance of most of the big rudd.
Are rudd native ,Bill?

Cheers, Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.
cookiesdaughtersdad
Zander
Zander

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad »

Had a go in one, good thing if I wasn't so stiff!

Cheers, Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.
BillCollins
Zander
Zander

Post by BillCollins »

cookiesdaughtersdad wrote: Tue Jan 11 2022 18:51 -

Rudd1.jpg
(Have fun face)

Are rudd native ,Bill?

Cheers, Alan
It's hard to determine which coarse species are 'native' to Ireland Alan, but Rudd are probably about as native as it gets. Roach are a relatively recent arrival in most areas in environmental terms. I can remember fishing the Shannon when I was much younger and they were practically unheard of, being confined to just a couple of smaller Irish rivers. The creation of the Shannon- Erne canal seems to have been instrumental in their spread and there has been a steady pattern of Rudd disappearing as roach reached new waters.
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Alan_dalton »

Rudd1.jpg
(Have fun face)

We had some fantastic rudd fishing on a little lake in Ireland near Derg. I remember it well but not for the great rudd fishing but because as I had a swig of beer from a can I tilted me head back a got a massive shock from the electric fence behind us!
BillCollins
Zander
Zander

Post by BillCollins »

Alan_dalton wrote: Tue Jan 11 2022 22:26 -

Rudd1.jpg
(Have fun face)

We had some fantastic rudd fishing on a little lake in Ireland near Derg. I remember it well but not for the great rudd fishing but because as I had a swig of beer from a can I tilted me head back a got a massive shock from the electric fence behind us!
:laughs: :laughs: , ya can't beat the ol' leccy fence to bring you to your senses :laughs: :laughs: .
I got tangled up in one while making my way back to the car in the dark after my head torch went dead, now that was'nt funny... :eek:
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Alan_dalton »

BillCollins wrote: Tue Jan 11 2022 22:33 -

Rudd1.jpg
(Have fun face)

:laughs: :laughs: , ya can't beat the ol' leccy fence to bring you to your senses :laughs: :laughs: .
I got tangled up in one while making my way back to the car in the dark after my head torch went dead, now that was'nt funny... :eek:
That sounds very bad!
BillCollins
Zander
Zander

Post by BillCollins »

Alan_dalton wrote: Tue Jan 11 2022 22:36 -
BillCollins wrote: Tue Jan 11 2022 22:33 -

Rudd1.jpg
(Have fun face)

That sounds very bad!
Not nice !
Even after I'd managed to extract myself from it, I still could'nt see the f*****g thing !.
Since then, I always carry a spare headlight.. :neutral:
whizzwales
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by whizzwales »

Ben wrote: Tue Jan 11 2022 09:00 -

I picked up a Cambridge Zander Fishing Kayak. £440 delivered. Its big and its solid. I have already built the rod holders, one for big lures, one for light lures and one for bait catching (mini rod) - last slot for net.
20220113_125753.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sean Roberts
Roach
Roach

Post by Sean Roberts »

If you can, pick a kayak with a raised seat as opposed to a cushion type,To me it's a game changer for casting and comfort and my back doest hurt like it used to on my old kayak.
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

Rudd1.jpg
(Have fun face)

Nice fishing that Bill!

Have the roach seemingly deposed the Tench or any other species?

(To your knowledge Bill Face)
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

Sean Roberts wrote: Thu Jan 13 2022 21:46 -
If you can, pick a kayak with a raised seat as opposed to a cushion type,To me it's a game changer for casting and comfort and my back doest hurt like it used to on my old kayak.
I've been thinking for years I should raise my seat, as I'm sure I aggravate my already painful back when in my Yak with it's cushion type seat.

(Perhaps I'll bodge summit at see how it goes face)
BillCollins
Zander
Zander

Post by BillCollins »

Dave Horton wrote: Thu Jan 13 2022 23:24 -

Rudd1.jpg
(Have fun face)

Nice fishing that Bill!

Have the roach seemingly deposed the Tench or any other species?

(To your knowledge Bill Face)
I've never noticed the roach making any difference to the tench Dave, other then maybe being a nuisance sometimes when actually fishing, but this does'nt happen everywhere. The biggest change is of course the astronomical numbers of roach/bream hybrids, which makes fishing for and catching bream a more specific exercise.
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

Ben wrote: Tue Jan 11 2022 09:00 -

Ben
A buddy of mine had a Hobie Kayak with paddles in the middle and an electric outboard on it It was brill :wink:

Grant :smile:
Grant Everson

Nothing others do is because of you. What others
say and do is a projection of their reality, their
own dream. When you are immune to the opinions
and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of
needless suffering :wink:
Mattjb
Chub
Chub

Post by Mattjb »

Dave Horton wrote: Thu Jan 13 2022 23:27 -
I've been thinking for years I should raise my seat, as I'm sure I aggravate my already painful back when in my Yak with it's cushion type seat.

Anthony on here bought a raised kayak seat from ebay that he was using on a kayak similar to a galaxy Cruz. Keep meaning to get one for my Cruz but haven’t got round to it yet,will be good for avoiding a wet a**e when I’m sea fishing in it!
Mattjb
Chub
Chub

Post by Mattjb »

It was similar to this one, but you could probably adapt an old fishing chair to make something like it.
Sean Roberts
Roach
Roach

Post by Sean Roberts »

Anyone wanting a raised kayak seat take a look at Cambridge Kayaks in Diss, Norfolk. Same as pic above but got mine for £10 when they had a stall at the Norfolk showground boat jumble. Take a look at the Gravity seat by Feelfree. What a seat.
suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Post by suffolk si »

Sean Roberts wrote: Fri Jan 14 2022 20:51 -
Anyone wanting a raised kayak seat take a look at Cambridge Kayaks in Diss, Norfolk. Same as pic above but got mine for £10 when they had a stall at the Norfolk showground boat jumble. Take a look at the Gravity seat by Feelfree. What a seat.
+1 good company, they supply the shops kayak accessories👍👍
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

Mattjb wrote: Fri Jan 14 2022 14:30 -
Dave Horton wrote: Thu Jan 13 2022 23:27 -

Anthony on here bought a raised kayak seat from ebay that he was using on a kayak similar to a galaxy Cruz. Keep meaning to get one for my Cruz but haven’t got round to it yet,will be good for avoiding a wet a**e when I’m sea fishing in it!
Oooh that

(Sounds the ticket face)